O/T David Morris in trouble again!

Re: O/T David Morris in trouble again!

Postby HALMA 1983 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:56 pm

:(
Last edited by HALMA 1983 on Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HALMA 1983

Postby HALMA 1983 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:05 pm

thedoc wrote:Keith wrote:
Basically boiling down to, 'I had it shit, so why should I care if other people have it shit too?'

A very good summation of a typical Tory attitude. They don't give a shit about people like us and I've never understood why people who live in the north of England have ever voted for them - other than snobbery or their own palpable lack of any meaningful education. Thank god not everybody thinks the same - or has forgotten - as a certain correspondent on this site seems to have done. Marcus Rashford is an example to all of us in these times which are very hard for a lot of hard-working people who deserve a lot better than they are going to get. I'm all right Jack but I will be putting food in the Homeless Bin at Tesco in about half an hour. The only thing I regret about this is that in a country as wealthy as ours, there is any need to do so.

People like us? What's that all about? :?
Typical Tory? Who? because I no longer agree with what Labour's become
Enough of this nonsense :roll:
HALMA 1983

Postby Wild Bill » Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:37 pm

The reality is both of you are exceptions rather than norm if you've managed to get out of poverty in adult life from humble beginnings in childhood.

It's not really about survival too but avoiding unnecessary suffering to children and stress to parents who might be out of work through no fault of their own.

More broadly, it's about reducing disadvantage from early years in life and allowing children to reach their potential.

Even if you couldn't care less about others it makes financial sense to support poor kids a bit more so more grow up to contribute rather than be a burden on public funds.

It's also worth bearing in mind that today we don't really have the local shop that will offer you a week's shopping on tick. Growing up in the 80s and 90s we had all sorts of independent small businesses that could be relied on for 'buy now pay later'. I doubt the local Spar can offer the same these days.
I am the Thai Shrimp!
Wild Bill

Postby HALMA 1983 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:00 pm

Last edited by HALMA 1983 on Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HALMA 1983

Postby thedoc » Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:49 pm

Halma 1983 wrote:
Only now at the age of 58 am I questioning was it all worth it?

Why?
thedoc

Postby HALMA 1983 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:13 am

Last edited by HALMA 1983 on Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HALMA 1983

Postby captain sparkle » Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:06 am

HALMA 1983 wrote:
thedoc wrote:Halma 1983 wrote:
Only now at the age of 58 am I questioning was it all worth it?

Why?

Surely, that can't be fair or am I missing something?

If you have to ask the price, you can't afford it.

God, I'm sounding like Cantona now! :?
PYROMANIACS OF THE WORLD IGNITE!
Over 3.7 million hits on YouToob! Subscribers needed! full & part time! apply now!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeOzzTpVT3A
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLeFlLgCS-jBXwnXTtT8vJBReNXSYuphoM
captain sparkle

Postby Freez » Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:03 pm

Maybe it’s not through lack of ambition, for some maybe, but not all.
Tarring them all as such is just a sweeping statement, maybe it’s 10 percent, maybe it’s more, maybe it less, but when it boils down to it, this government does just that, Labels people as scrounges when circumstances can dictate somebody on zero hours contracts or on a low wage rely on universal credit which persistently punished them for even having the temerity to apply for it.
Look at the reaction from local businesses to that vote for children’s school meals being provided through the hols being refused, superb initiative from them and individuals also. Thankfully.

Meanwhile, the gap between the top 5% of earners and the rest continues to grow!

Just saying.
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Postby HALMA 1983 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:34 pm

Last edited by HALMA 1983 on Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HALMA 1983

Postby Freez » Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:53 pm

Tarring the poor with the same brush again, it’s not true, sorry.

Onwards with six missing tomorrow!
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Postby thedoc » Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:24 pm

Halma wrote:
“am I missing something?”

Yes you are missing something. You are confusing two totally separate issues here. On the one hand, you’re right: scroungers exist. Not just among benefit claimants though. The Royal Family has lived off the back of the rest of us from time immemorial and there’s plenty of chancers everywhere – that’s human nature. I can understand why this annoys you – it annoys me too. But - as far as the people you are targeting are concerned, nobody knows how many people are screwing the system. You don’t; I don’t - but my guess is that it is almost certainly a small minority. Even if I’m wrong, this is where you clearly don’t get it. David Morris chose to vote against giving poor kids – not their potentially scrounging parents – basic nutrition via schools, not via the pockets of their mothers or fathers. This is important: if the meals - rather than credits or vouchers which could be fiddled - are provided in schools, the kids will get to eat them. If their parents are scumbags, smackheads or whatever: this has nothing whatsoever to do with them. You can’t blame children for the fact that their parents might be wasters. But for the grace of god, those kids could have been me - or – although this doesn’t seem to have occurred to you – even yourself. Life is hard enough for these kids as it is: having a useless parent or parents makes things even more difficult. They surely need all the help they can get, don’t they?

Not according to you they don’t. If you dispute this – it’s too late: the half-baked drivel you have written about this is already on here.

I’d like to think that you don’t really mean some of this crap – it’s just come out wrong.

Are other people – we’re talking about little kids here, not career criminals - of so little consequence to you that you’d support Morris Minor on this issue?

If you have, you’ve lost whatever humanity you may have once possessed. And if so, I would seriously suggest you take your own advice:

ENOUGH OF THIS NONSENSE!!!!
thedoc

Postby morecambegeek » Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:41 pm

An increase of 300% of families lacking in ambition locally between January and August.

https://morecambebay.foodbank.org.uk/20 ... 6AOI41VeAE
morecambegeek

Postby BerlinWaller » Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:50 pm

I just heard a guy on Sky News saying that it is more than giving a kid a meal, it is showing a kid that people care. If a child can be inspired by kindness and knowing that people cared when they needed it then hopefully they will break the cycle and there will be less people in need in the future.

The one thing that is crystal clear is that Mr Morris doesn't speak for me, my family and my friends. His no vote is a disgrace and an embarrassment to this town. How anybody in the North of England could vote Tory is beyond me.
BerlinWaller

Postby HALMA 1983 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:06 pm

Last edited by HALMA 1983 on Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HALMA 1983

Postby HALMA 1983 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:14 pm

Freez wrote:Tarring the poor with the same brush again, it’s not true, sorry.

Onwards with six missing tomorrow!

I think I've still got some of that tar on my soul but you're welcome to the brush
HALMA 1983

Postby thedoc » Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:03 pm

Halma wrote:

Your kids are the future, cherish them, teach them what's needed to survive and most of all, support them until your dying day

But what about everybody else's kids? It's a simple question. What's your answer?
thedoc

Postby HALMA 1983 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:39 am

Last edited by HALMA 1983 on Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HALMA 1983

Postby Keith » Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:19 am

HALMA 1983 wrote:You know full well I'm not blaming the kids...

You may not be blaming them, but you are happy to punish them, or at bare minimum, go hungry.

How do you plan to break the cycle of poverty? Kids growing up in poverty, becoming adults in poverty, having another generation of children in poverty? Meanwhile, the billionaire Viscount Rothermere, owner of the Daily Mail, doesn't pay UK taxes, and somehow, that's a 'good thing', to be celebrated, because he pulled himself up by the bootstraps having been born in to poverty? Oh, hang on, no, he was born in to wealth and has remained there.

The rich are getting richer, the poor are getting poorer. The gap is ever widening. Malnourished children in the fifth wealthiest country in the world, and you & David Morris think that is something to celebrate. Shame.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby thedoc » Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:21 am

Halma answered my latest query by referring to me as `Che' ... Oh dear. I bet your dad’s bigger than mine too...

To choose another political leader more in tune with your own views, though, let’s quote the Queen of Selfishness herself: Margaret Thatcher. Thatcher infamously said `there is no such thing as society’. She’d be proud of you, mate. Social Darwinism in action – look it up; don’t let the big words put you off.

I think we’ve got a little off subject so here’s a bit of light entertainment for everyone to appreciate:

https://www.facebook.com/larryandpaul/v ... 6637726743
thedoc

Postby HALMA 1983 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:16 am

Last edited by HALMA 1983 on Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HALMA 1983

Postby marky No.1 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:19 am

dm.jpg
dm.jpg (51.63 KiB) Viewed 508 times
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby HALMA 1983 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:42 am

Last edited by HALMA 1983 on Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HALMA 1983

Postby Keith » Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:31 pm

HALMA 1983 wrote:
Wild Bill wrote:The reality is both of you are exceptions rather than norm if you've managed to get out of poverty in adult life from humble beginnings in childhood.

I get it, I really do, although I'm sure Keith did it on far better money than I.

Given that you know nothing of my childhood and I know nothing of yours, that's quite a wild assumption. But to avoid this turning in to a poor parody of 'Four Yorkshiremen', I'll just accept that you are right and I had "far better money".

Throughout this thread though, you appear to be of an opinion that although you had it hard 'it hasn't done me any harm'. Given your clear lack of empathy for hungry children, I'd question that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ue7wM0QC5LE
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

Keith
Site Admin

Postby Westgate Wanderer » Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:34 pm

Eating t' gravel whilst reading t' thread
Don't worry be happy!
Westgate Wanderer

Postby Keith » Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:50 pm

Westgate Wanderer wrote:Eating t' gravel whilst reading t' thread

Eatin' t' gravel?
Luxury!

Keith
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion