O/T David Morris in trouble again!

Re: O/T David Morris in trouble again!

Postby Wild Bill » Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:53 am

David Morris has successfully held on to his seat due almost entirely to the party he represents. Reading the comments on here even his regular voters dislike him. Didn't he recently stage a photo clapping for the NHS? Kind of sums him up?
I am the Thai Shrimp!
Wild Bill

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:22 pm

KenH wrote:
Posh wrote:
Gone_Shrimping wrote:A lot of people agreed with him over Knox and I want my MP to speak out over important issues.

No they didn't. I've just gone over the Facebook comments on Morecambe & Heysham Past & Present and found three people out of over 100.

Facebook isn't a representative sample as proved by the last election. Very few people on facebook were in support of Morris nor the Tories, yet the election itself proved otherwise.

Facebook, twitter etc are just echo chambers.

Spot on Ken.

If Twitter or Facebook were an accurate representation of the publics' view of things Comrade Corbyn would be in Downing Street and Dianne Abbott would be in the Home Office !

Maybe Posh reads Carole Codwallop and Owen Jones and believes it all :lol: :lol:
Gone_Shrimping

Postby morecambegeek » Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:27 pm

Hilarious reinterpretations of people's names defenitely don't undermine any kind of point being made.
morecambegeek

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:59 pm

It's called humour.

People of a left wing persuasion tend to have undergone a sense of humour bypass operation.
Gone_Shrimping

Postby Freez » Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:56 pm

Humour? Where?
I just read petty political mudslinging and teenage point scoring myself!! :lol:
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Postby Keith » Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:10 pm

BerlinWaller wrote:Will Keith be editing his potentially libellous post regarding Mr Morris and his expenses?

I'd have thought as a right whinger I'm surprised you missed this in the Day Fail.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... chdog.html
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Posh » Sat Apr 11, 2020 4:44 am

Gone_Shrimping wrote:
KenH wrote:Facebook isn't a representative sample as proved by the last election. Very few people on facebook were in support of Morris nor the Tories, yet the election itself proved otherwise.

Facebook, twitter etc are just echo chambers.

Spot on Ken.

If Twitter or Facebook were an accurate representation of the publics' view of things Comrade Corbyn would be in Downing Street and Dianne Abbott would be in the Home Office !

Maybe Posh reads Carole Codwallop and Owen Jones and believes it all :lol: :lol:

I agree about social media. The fact I made it clear that the Daily Mail’s own comments section on the article and its comments rankings were 10:1 in favour of Andy Knox, seemed to me, given the audience, a far stronger indicator of public resentment. Yet for some reason Hughie chooses to ignore this. Selective reading I think where his own evidence-free argument has failed.

Interesting that Hughie chooses to mention left wing writers, they usually do when they see them as a threat or because their narrative has support. Jones has been physically assaulted and his attackers jailed. This stems from a failure of some to be able to present a coherent counter argument and instead they resort to childish insults or worse violent threats. Who would be a journalist in today’s democracy when this censorship by threat happens?
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby BerlinWaller » Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:04 pm

Keith wrote:
BerlinWaller wrote:Will Keith be editing his potentially libellous post regarding Mr Morris and his expenses?

I'd have thought as a right whinger I'm surprised you missed this in the Day Fail.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... chdog.html

Looks like you didn't read your mates post Keith and don't be casting aspersions about people you don't know political stances. Very poor form.
BerlinWaller

Postby MFC-Manc » Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:51 am

I see our wonderful MP voted down a motion to feed more than 1.4 million children during school breaks until Easter next year.
I'm getting by just the best I can, While you're directing traffic
MFC-Manc

Postby thedoc » Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:39 am

I think I've seen or heard every MP from the North West of England on TV or radio recently making his or her thoughts about the current lock-down situation we are all facing known. All except one. Maybe David is self-isolating, bless him...
thedoc

Postby HALMA 1983 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:05 am

:(
Last edited by HALMA 1983 on Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HALMA 1983

Postby Keith » Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:54 am

HALMA 1983 wrote:...by a working class banshee out of her depth

Oh yes, don't want working class women in a position of power do we, we want to be ruled by an elite who don't give a toss about starving children. Are grouse shoots still exempt from gatherings restrictions? Asking for a posh friend.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

Keith
Site Admin

Postby HALMA 1983 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:50 am

Last edited by HALMA 1983 on Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HALMA 1983

Postby MFC-Manc » Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:34 am

HALMA 1983 wrote:
Keith wrote:
HALMA 1983 wrote:...by a working class banshee out of her depth

Oh yes, don't want working class women in a position of power do we, we want to be ruled by an elite who don't give a toss about starving children. Are grouse shoots still exempt from gatherings restrictions? Asking for a posh friend.

We do but not the militant half brained jokers Labour keep passing off as representatives of working folk and stop all this starving nonsense, NOBODY starves in this country EVER!

Social workers and there's plenty of em, get well paid to work with the disadvantaged, any sign a child is going without food is also picked up at school and they're fed plenty there both at breakfast club and dinner time, on top of this Food banks, non of this was available to my family or myself growing up in a poor area of Morecambe........so stop your constant leftie moaning!
Even, those on the street are inundated with help and offerings from passers by, you can put your hand in your sky rocket and buy a loaf of bread and a large tin of beans for under a quid, less if you shop reductions.

Your obviously self isolating..... from reality
I'm getting by just the best I can, While you're directing traffic
MFC-Manc

Postby HALMA 1983 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:41 am

Last edited by HALMA 1983 on Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HALMA 1983

Postby Freez » Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:04 pm

I worked in two schools in deprived areas for 23 years, just because some deny it happens, and others choose to ignore it, doesn’t mean it doesn’t happen, personal experience here too! :D
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Postby Wild Bill » Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:36 pm

Lovely chap is David Morris. Of course kids don't need feeding at Christmas. He's a good Tory and will always tow the party line :roll:

We are not talking about kids starving to death, but we are talking about kids being malnourished for two weeks. It's cruel, totally unnecessary and leaves a lasting impact on the child and their life chances.
I am the Thai Shrimp!
Wild Bill

Postby morecambegeek » Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:48 pm

Actively voting against feeding hungry children is a pretty good description of scum.
morecambegeek

Postby Shrimp Girl » Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:03 pm

Even Nigel Farage has more heart...

Nigel Farage (@Nigel_Farage) Tweeted:
If the government can subsidise Eat Out to Help Out, not being seen to give poor kids lunch in the school holidays looks mean and is wrong. https://twitter.com/Nigel_Farage/status ... 61346?s=20
Shrimp Girl

Postby HALMA 1983 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:46 pm

Last edited by HALMA 1983 on Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HALMA 1983

Postby morecambegeek » Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:54 pm

HALMA 1983 wrote:
morecambegeek wrote:Actively voting against feeding hungry children is a pretty good description of scum.

I'm sorry but this is still lost on the likes of myself, we had absolutely nothing, bare floorboards for 18 months, windows falling out and no heating back in 1989 and nobody gave us a second thought, we survived and came out the other end but we never asked for help from anybody and we damned sure never received any
If you have children, we did and no matter what, they're your responsibility, nobody elses and if you can't provide even at a basic level, then it really is argument over.

Sorry you experienced that.

Sorry you're so bitter.

But really little point spending any time on you.
morecambegeek

Postby HALMA 1983 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:01 pm

Last edited by HALMA 1983 on Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HALMA 1983

Postby Wild Bill » Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:52 pm

HALMA 1983 wrote:
morecambegeek wrote:Actively voting against feeding hungry children is a pretty good description of scum.

I'm sorry but this is still lost on the likes of myself, we had absolutely nothing, bare floorboards for 18 months, windows falling out and no heating back in 1989 and nobody gave us a second thought, we survived and came out the other end but we never asked for help from anybody and we damned sure never received any
If you have children, we did and no matter what, they're your responsibility, nobody elses and if you can't provide even at a basic level, then it really is argument over.

We can blame the parents, perhaps with good justification, however it is the kids that suffer and it really isn't their fault.

I suppose it depends whether we care about society as a whole or just look after our own.

Personally I prefer a broader outlook and see the benefits in a little more help to those born poor in an effort to improve their lives and break the cycle.
I am the Thai Shrimp!
Wild Bill

Postby Keith » Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:29 pm

HALMA 1983 wrote:

Basically boiling down to, 'I had it shit, so why should I care if other people have it shit too?'

When we were children, our family was skint for much longer than 18 months. My mum frequently went without food to ensure that my sister & I had something to eat. One occasions, we had 'sugar sandwiches' or bread and milk (half milk, half water) for tea. We often had no coins to put in the electric or gas meter. Unlike you, I don't think to myself 'well it happened to me, so why should I be concerned about it happening to other children?' I think, well it happened to me, and it wasn't good, so let's try and stop it happening to other children'. Difference between us I suppose.

Keith
Site Admin

Postby thedoc » Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:51 pm

Keith wrote:
Basically boiling down to, 'I had it shit, so why should I care if other people have it shit too?'

A very good summation of a typical Tory attitude. They don't give a shit about people like us and I've never understood why people who live in the north of England have ever voted for them - other than snobbery or their own palpable lack of any meaningful education. Thank god not everybody thinks the same - or has forgotten - as a certain correspondent on this site seems to have done. Marcus Rashford is an example to all of us in these times which are very hard for a lot of hard-working people who deserve a lot better than they are going to get. I'm all right Jack but I will be putting food in the Homeless Bin at Tesco in about half an hour. The only thing I regret about this is that in a country as wealthy as ours, there is any need to do so.
thedoc

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion