He got paid £10,000 for asking a question in the Commons. :evil:

https://twitter.com/paullewismoney/stat ... 9688048646
New_Ground_Watcher

Re: O/T David Morris in trouble again!

Postby captain sparkle » Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:21 pm

It's alright.

He said so.
PYROMANIACS OF THE WORLD IGNITE!
Over 3.7 million hits on YouToob! Subscribers needed! full & part time! apply now!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeOzzTpVT3A
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLeFlLgCS-jBXwnXTtT8vJBReNXSYuphoM
captain sparkle

Postby redrobo » Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:23 pm

Wouldn't surprise me if ALL MPs whatever party at some stage in their political careers receive 'favours' it's scandalous how a great number appear to get away with it...... :evil:
redrobo

Postby Keith » Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:49 pm

redrobo wrote:Wouldn't surprise me if ALL MPs whatever party at some stage in their political careers receive 'favours' it's scandalous how a great number appear to get away with it...... :evil:

It wouldn't surprise you... but the evidence is there that Morris did it.
He also claimed car mileage for journeys in the UK while he was abroad.
He somehow managed the second highest expenses claim of all MP's.
Meanwhile, he denied there is extreme poverty in Morecambe and that GP's were lying when they saw malnourished children and that head teachers were lying when they said they washed pupils' clothing at the schools because their parents couldn't afford the electric to wash them at home.

So perhaps you wouldn't be "surprised" but that doesn't excuse ignoring the evidence that Morris repeatedly places himself above others.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:11 pm

No News really.

Surely every MP who is sponsored by a trade union is getting paid for asking questions.

I would be more worried if he had accepted £20,000 to speak on Iranian state television. That is Iran with zero human rights and where gay people are hanged. But someone did , someone called Corbyn !
Gone_Shrimping

Postby MFC-Manc » Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:25 pm

If you feel upset, David Morris will give you a cuddle.... :roll:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/t ... een-138806
I'm getting by just the best I can, While you're directing traffic
MFC-Manc

Postby Keith » Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:48 pm

Gone_Shrimping wrote:No News really.

Surely every MP who is sponsored by a trade union is getting paid for asking questions.

I would be more worried if he had accepted £20,000 to speak on Iranian state television. That is Iran with zero human rights and where gay people are hanged. But someone did , someone called Corbyn !

No news... except "cash for questions" is illegal.
He was paid by a Ukrainian with Russian connections.
He asked questions relevant to Portsmouth.
He asked questions that would be of benefit to the Ukrainian's company.

He also managed to claim mileage expenses 'accidentally' while he wasn't even in the UK.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

Keith
Site Admin

Postby shrimperteer » Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:14 am

Keith wrote:
redrobo wrote:Wouldn't surprise me if ALL MPs whatever party at some stage in their political careers receive 'favours' it's scandalous how a great number appear to get away with it...... :evil:

Meanwhile, he denied there is extreme poverty in Morecambe and that GP's were lying when they saw malnourished children and that head teachers were lying when they said they washed pupils' clothing at the schools because their parents couldn't afford the electric to wash them at home.

So perhaps you wouldn't be "surprised" but that doesn't excuse ignoring the evidence that Morris repeatedly places himself above others.

He doesn't have to worry about calling anyone a liar now. Priti Patel has confirmed "well its not the government is it". People think it's just this "bland blob" to blame the problems of the country (they're governing) on. Maybe she just means poverty in Barrow.
https://youtu.be/5E6zS4QQH7k
shrimperteer

Postby KenH » Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:58 am

Keith wrote:Meanwhile, he denied there is extreme poverty in Morecambe and that GP's were lying when they saw malnourished children

To be fair, the GP in question (Andy Knox) did have to admit that what he claimed wasn't actually true.
KenH

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Thu Dec 12, 2019 1:03 pm

Keith wrote:

The headteacher also made a claim about several cases of rickets in Morecambe. This was checked with the medical authorities and it was found there were no cases of rickets in Morecambe and that the nearest case was actually in Manchester.
Gone_Shrimping

Postby thedoc » Thu Dec 12, 2019 1:36 pm

Simple answer, folks: vote Labour! I have.
thedoc

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Thu Dec 12, 2019 5:51 pm

thedoc wrote:Simple answer, folks: vote Labour! I have.

The number of people I have know who are usually Labour voters but who won't touch them with Corbyn suggests you are in for disappointment. Also Big Red Dog is taking Labour voters with him.
Gone_Shrimping

Postby Brian S » Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:02 pm

Gone_Shrimping wrote:Also Big Red Dog is taking Labour voters with him.

Just the one, assuming he doesn't spoil his ballot paper :lol:
Brian S

Postby Keith » Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:19 pm

Yup, a Tory boy doing his best to support a Conservative government. If Johnson gets back in, I hope Darren will be proud of what Johnson does to the NHS & poor people over the next five years.

Keith
Site Admin

Postby BerlinWaller » Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:35 pm

Yes because it will all be Darren Clifford's fault. Very similar to the rhetoric you used when talking about people who didn't share your opinions last month Keith.
BerlinWaller

Postby Keith » Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:12 pm

BerlinWaller wrote:Yes because it will all be Darren Clifford's fault. Very similar to the rhetoric you used when talking about people who didn't share your opinions last month Keith.

Darren either knows that he's making it easier for Morris to get re-elected, in which case he's supporting the Tories or he doesn't know, in which case, he's a bit thick. I don't think he's thick, therefore he's trying to help Morris. The only other option is that he genuinely believes he electable as an independent, in which case I believe he's deluded and I'll take whatever wager you want to offer, that he won't be elected.

Keith
Site Admin

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:15 pm

Keith wrote:

Yup, a Tory boy doing his best to support a Conservative government. If Johnson gets back in, I hope Darren will be proud of what Johnson does to the NHS & poor people over the next five years.

Big Red Dog is a patriot who has served in HM forces. Corbyn and McDonnell entertain terrorists and other enemies of the UK and Corbyn even laid a wreath on the grave of the murderers of the Israeli athletes who where tortured , mutilated and then killed. Big Red Dog or Collinge , easy choice.
Gone_Shrimping

Postby thedoc » Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:49 pm

As usual, this topic has meandered right away from the point made originally. Putting all party considerations and prejudices aside, who in their right mind would vote for an MP as lazy, useless and usually absent as David Morris? If he was a Labour MP, I wouldn't vote for him personally. The party he belongs to is a secondary issue in many ways. I know from personal experience that this ex-hairdresser has utter contempt for us, his constituents. He doesn't care what happens to the rest of us providing he can continue to line his own pockets - and as New_Ground_Watcher has mentioned, even a Tory-supporting newspaper thinks his nose has gone too far into the trough. I voted Labour because I think Lizzie Collinge is the best bet for Morecambe: I know she would do a better job than Morris the (very) Minor, who is a serial offender as far as being creative with his `expenses' are concerned. I voted Labour not because I support Jeremy Corbyn: mine is a vote for the most realistic choice to remove an incompetent and extremely dodgy current incumbent.
thedoc

Postby Andy D » Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:20 pm

This Election will be down to the estimated “7 Million” Labour voters who voted “brexit”.

Although “Free movement” might suit Employers it’s people working at the lower end who suffer like in Construction because of “under cutting” it’s just depressed the hourly rate since 2004, I’d always voted Labour and worked in construction but can’t justify them this time around.
Andy D

Postby Slanester » Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:51 pm

Andy D wrote:This Election will be down to the estimated “7 Million” Labour voters who voted “brexit”.

Fair comment that Andy D.
I think that a serious number of Brexit supporters, who didn’t actually take time to vote in the referendum, because they thought, as did the government at the time, remain was a forgone conclusion. The numbers are probably huge imo, and they will make their vote count this time.
As for Morris, not a first choice, character wise, but part of the vote that gets Brexit sorted.
Last edited by Slanester on Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Slanester

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:08 pm

Slanester wrote:
Andy D wrote:This Election will be down to the estimated “7 Million” Labour voters who voted “brexit”.

Fair comment that Andy D.
I think that a serious number of Brexit supporters, who didn’t actually take time to vote in the referendum, because they thought, as did the government the time, remain was a forgone conclusion. The numbers are probably huge imo, and they will make their vote count this time.
As for Morris, not a first choice, character wise, but part of the vote that gets Brexit sorted.

Agreed , you have to hold your nose and vote Morris. The Exit poll suggests Dianne Abbott will not be Home Secretary .... Phew !
Gone_Shrimping

Postby Keith » Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:47 pm

Well the early exit poles are suggesting a Conservative landslide. Well, nowhere for them to hide now. Let's see how quickly they get Brexit done and what happens to the NHS. Not sure how all those nurses are going to be stopped from retiring?

Keith
Site Admin

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:18 pm

Keith wrote:Well the early exit poles are suggesting a Conservative landslide. Well, nowhere for them to hide now. Let's see how quickly they get Brexit done and what happens to the NHS. Not sure how all those nurses are going to be stopped from retiring?

POLL

This looks like a victory for democracy. Ordinary people going into polling booths and putting a X for who they want as The Government.

Sky suggesting Smith in Lancaster could struggle to hold on with a 6,000 majority.
Gone_Shrimping

Postby Slanester » Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:51 pm

Gone_Shrimping wrote:
Keith wrote:Well the early exit poles are suggesting a Conservative landslide. Well, nowhere for them to hide now. Let's see how quickly they get Brexit done and what happens to the NHS. Not sure how all those nurses are going to be stopped from retiring?

POLL

This looks like a victory for democracy. Ordinary people going into polling booths and putting a X for who they want as The Government.

Sky suggesting Smith in Lancaster could struggle to hold on with a 6,000 majority.

Any party that chooses to ignore it’s core support, in fact voters in general, with respect to something as massive as Brexit,and continue to tell them, directly, or even indirectly, that their opinion is wrong, because the “experts” say so, were always going to pay the price, in the polling booth.
Slanester

Postby KenH » Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:34 am

Keith wrote:Darren either knows that he's making it easier for Morris to get re-elected, in which case he's supporting the Tories or he doesn't know, in which case, he's a bit thick. I don't think he's thick, therefore he's trying to help Morris. The only other option is that he genuinely believes he electable as an independent, in which case I believe he's deluded and I'll take whatever wager you want to offer, that he won't be elected.

He got so few votes it made no difference. Did he do any campaigning at all? I didn't even know he was standing until I read this post.
KenH

Next

Return to General Discussion