Macclesfield in big big trouble

Re: Macclesfield in big big trouble

Postby black morse » Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:23 am

We would lose 3 points. We'd not be relegated and I'm sure we'd all take that at present :) but it's a poor way of staying up :(
black morse

Postby Wild Bill » Sat Dec 21, 2019 9:24 am

Whatever happens with Macc we need to be aiming for 50+ points and finishing off the bottom. A season drifting though the season sat at the bottom could be a killer for us also.so need a win today.
I am the Thai Shrimp!
Wild Bill

Postby marky No.1 » Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:24 am

Wild Bill wrote:Whatever happens with Macc we need to be aiming for 50+ points and finishing off the bottom. A season drifting though the season sat at the bottom could be a killer for us also.so need a win today.

That would mean us winning nearly half of our remaining games :shock:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby tim-sanchez » Sat Dec 21, 2019 11:35 am

Macclesfield had 4 points suspended in their last punishment, so I'd assume we'll be off the bottom once that's confirmed. Very sad way for it to happen
tim-sanchez

Postby Redalert1970 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:58 pm

Macc players have been paid on time for December according to Radio Manchester

Some good news for them at last
Redalert1970

Postby Redalert1970 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 6:00 pm

Some fans on here saying we need 50 points to stay up mmm

Really can't see us getting another 32 points from 22 games

Personally if we get to 40 that will be an achievement but will it be enough ????
Redalert1970

Postby BoroRedShrimp » Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:02 pm

Redalert1970 wrote:Some fans on here saying we need 50 points to stay up mmm

Really can't see us getting another 32 points from 22 games

Personally if we get to 40 that will be an achievement but will it be enough ????

All depends on who Derek Adams brings in in the transfer window. Still early days to write us off.
Profile picture; James Stannage.
BoroRedShrimp

Postby Posh » Wed Jan 01, 2020 4:40 pm

Last 10 seasons 40 points would have been enough to stay up if only one team relegated except in two seasons where you needed 42, 46 and 49 points. Personally I think with only one down 44 would be enough.

As for Macclesfield, I think clubs receive a Football League payment in December, which would have easily covered wages. The problems have not gone away though and I can see more problems ahead.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby Phoenix Shrimp 2017 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:06 pm

Red Alert I assume it is you on the Macc forum 'Wraggs to Riches' posting as Blackpool Shrimp. I don't think you will endear yourself to them enquiring when the next points deductions are due and asking for updates on Alkhadi selling the club.

Presumably the suspended 4 point deduction is due soon for failing to play the Plymouth game and will be imposed when the EFL resume full sessions after the x-mas break. In respect of Alkhadi selling the club you only have to read the many threads on the subject to realise they haven't got the foggiest when (if ever) this may happen. They are desperate for it to happen as Alkhadi is a busted flush, but he is a secretive man and they really don't know. Be interesting to see what responses you get from the Macc fans!

UTS.
Phoenix Shrimp 2017

Postby HALMA 1983 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:04 am

HALMA 1983

Postby BerlinWaller » Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:52 am

Derby County have failed to pay their players this month. I am sure Mr Rooney will be chuffed with that.
BerlinWaller

Postby BerlinWaller » Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:20 pm

Macc' Manager has handed in his notice and is fav for the Leyton Orient job.

Sheridan leaves Chesterfield after being sacked. Chances of him ending up at Macclesfield?
BerlinWaller

Postby HALMA 1983 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:19 pm

BerlinWaller wrote:Macc' Manager has handed in his notice and is fav for the Leyton Orient job.

Sheridan leaves Chesterfield after being sacked. Chances of him ending up at Macclesfield?

More chance of him holding out and waiting for the imminent Oldham job that's about to be come available
HALMA 1983

Postby BerlinWaller » Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:26 pm

HALMA 1983 wrote:
BerlinWaller wrote:Macc' Manager has handed in his notice and is fav for the Leyton Orient job.

More chance of him holding out and waiting for the imminent Oldham job that's about to be come available

I doubt anyone is going to touch that job.
BerlinWaller

Postby HALMA 1983 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:38 pm

BerlinWaller wrote:
HALMA 1983 wrote:

I doubt anyone is going to touch that job.

It's a proper poison chalice and you're no doubts correct but someone's going to have to do it
Being a massive club and all
HALMA 1983

Postby jbc.shrimp » Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:23 am

On the league table it shows an asterix by Macc's points tally. Is this for points already deducted, or points to be deducted ?
jbc.shrimp

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:11 pm

Darryl McMahon has been appointed as Dagenham's manager. Will anybody want the Macclesfield job !
Gone_Shrimping

Postby Brucie Arnee » Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:51 pm

Surely Macclesfield are now entering the end game.

Their Manager has gone and players are set to leave with the transfer window opening, on top of that they’re also facing a further points deduction after failing to fulfil the Plymouth Argyle fixture. I just can’t see how they will be able to continue until the end of the season. Who in their right mind would sign for them knowing they probably won’t get paid. If they do carry on they’ll probably have to rely on youth players which they were forced to play in their FA Cup tie with Kingstonian. Ironically if they’d put out a first team in that game they would have played AFC Fylde in the Second Round and would now be facing a possible money spinning FA Cup Third Round-tie with Sheffield United this weekend.

Macclesfield’s demise is of course great news in that no team will be relegated from League Two this season but it’s still very sad to see another club go out of business.
Brucie Arnee

Postby marky No.1 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:58 pm

Brucie Arnee wrote:Surely Macclesfield are now entering the end game.

Their Manager has gone and players are set to leave with the transfer window opening, on top of that they’re also facing a further points deduction after failing to fulfil the Plymouth Argyle fixture. I just can’t see how they will be able to continue until the end of the season. Who in their right mind would sign for them knowing they probably won’t get paid. If they do carry on they’ll probably have to rely on youth players which they were forced to play in their FA Cup tie with Kingstonian. Ironically if they’d put out a first team in that game they would have played AFC Fylde in the Second Round and would now be facing a possible money spinning FA Cup Third Round-tie with Sheffield United this weekend.

Macclesfield’s demise is of course great news in that no team will be relegated from League Two this season but it’s still very sad to see another club go out of business.

Absolutely.... I, like many, hope they get through it and meanwhile we go on a run that takes us to mid table :o ...

How are ice cream sales in Barra these days?
marky No.1

Postby Keith » Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:07 pm

Brucie Arnee wrote:Macclesfield’s demise is of course great news in that no team will be relegated from League Two this season but it’s still very sad to see another club go out of business.

Agree with the sentiment behind your post, but definitely not "great news" that no team will be relegated, even if it us who benefit from their sad position. Hopefully they will at least survive with a club to go into the Conference. I'm sure Bury would rather have been relegated last season and survive as a club than promoted but going out of business.

I wonder how many other clubs are on the edge?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Redalert1970 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:28 pm

It's only rumours about Macclesfield going out of business

If they go to the wall and we stay up through this then that's good but another club going to the wall would be tragic very tragic

Really hope they survive and move forward
Redalert1970

Postby marky No.1 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:14 pm

Adjourned again for yet another 2 months

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51121648
marky No.1

Postby black morse » Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:58 pm

marky No.1 wrote:Adjourned again for yet another 2 months

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51121648

Good news for their fans but they have certainly been given plenty of time.
black morse

Postby black morse » Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:52 pm

No action seems to have been taken by the league over Macc's failure to play Plymouth back in December despite being under a 4 point penalty threat.
black morse

Postby Redalert1970 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:41 pm

We need to forget about Macclesfield and think more about catching teams like Oldham, Carlisle and Orient
Redalert1970

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion