Macclesfield in big big trouble

Re: Macclesfield in big big trouble

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:19 pm

No wages for the 4th time

Macclesfield Town fail to pay salaries on schedule for fourth time this season - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51713424

Oldham have till Friday to pay up

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... debts.html
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby jbc.shrimp » Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:01 pm

So what's the penalty if this happens
jbc.shrimp

Postby paulshrimp » Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:06 pm

I would have thought that failing to pay players is an internal club matter and doesn’t concern the EFL. Any consequences such as strike action clearly would involve the EFL. A lot of clubs will be wondering what has happened to the case the EFL had against Macclesfield. If Macc had won surely it would have been announced. If Oldham go into administration that’s 12 point deduction. A mate of mine is an Oldham fan and he tried to explain what is happening there. It’s very, very complicated
paulshrimp

Postby BoroRedShrimp » Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:41 pm

Profile picture; James Stannage.
BoroRedShrimp

Postby redrobo » Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:21 pm

I just hope that as and when our owners decided to pull out that a deal has already been agreed and approved by all parties both internal and external to our club.

If my memory serves me correctly, May / June of this year is the end of the initial deal with our current owners and time is passing for a new deal with new owners to be finalized.

I don't expect any news about a new deal to be confirmed at this stage, but some indication of the current situation would I'm sure be welcome by those fans concerned with the future of OUR club.

Nobody wants OUR club to go through a repeat of the problems it had a number of years ago prior to the current owners taking control AND mostly certainly the news from Macc and Oldham not forgetting the demise of Bury is something that nobody at OUR club wants to have to experience.
redrobo

Postby marky No.1 » Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:05 pm

To be fair to Jason & Colin, they have stated that the 2 years wasnt set in stone and they have turned down offers from potential buyers who they don't see as being good for the Club.
It would be nice if they would announce a further guaranteed tenure, but let's face it, any owner can jump ship whenever they choose.

Be thankful for what they have done for us in the meantime, regardless of on line polls and look forward to a fruitful adventure ahead.

In the immediate future, I wonder who is buying PMGland?
marky No.1

Postby RedRedWine » Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:46 pm

redrobo wrote:I just hope that as and when our owners decided to pull out that a deal has already been agreed and approved by all parties both internal and external to our club.

If my memory serves me correctly, May / June of this year is the end of the initial deal with our current owners and time is passing for a new deal with new owners to be finalized.

I don't expect any news about a new deal to be confirmed at this stage, but some indication of the current situation would I'm sure be welcome by those fans concerned with the future of OUR club.

Ownership periods in any club isn't brokered in 'deals' - if it was, then it'd be a pretty shitty one for Bond Group Investments who own the controlling stake in the company that runs Morecambe FC. This ownership will continue until the sale of its controlling stake in the club, not the cessation of a verbal "two year commitment" (IMO was a verbal tick box appeasement of the EFL fit and proper persons test - it has no legal bearing).

The Owners may decide to stop funding the clubs losses by share issue (investing in the club), tantamount to 'pulling out' I suppose - in which case the company would run up debts and ultimately plunged into administration. Unsure why the owners would do this though - the club was bought as an investment, so surely they would protect that investment? I assume that's why they invested again in the playing squad and management team in January.
Hello! Hello! We are the Morecambe boys!
RedRedWine

Postby Redalert1970 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:03 pm

Another charge on there way as not paid players for February

Any point deductions have to happen before 22nd March cut off point
Redalert1970

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:29 pm

Southend & Macclesfield given EFL charge for failing to pay players - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51804003
marky No.1

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:31 pm

Redalert1970 wrote:Another charge on there way as not paid players for February

Any point deductions have to happen before 22nd March cut off point

There's talk on the Macc forum of the players not training this week and striking next Saturday.
Gone_Shrimping

Postby Redalert1970 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:27 pm

If the players strike next saturday they surely will be punished very heavy - Could be a bigger deduction than last time plus they still have a four point suspended deduction pending
Redalert1970

Postby MfcChris » Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:12 pm

Will that finally make you happy redalert? Don’t forget in your opinion we are nowhere near safe and probably favourites to still go down this season, in your highly pessimistic life.
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby Redalert1970 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:24 pm

Never said we were favs to go down

But we also aren't anywhere near safe either
Redalert1970

Postby Redalert1970 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:12 am

According to Talksport...

Macclesfield players have been paid half their February wages this morning to avoid players going on strike ahead of this weekends match
Redalert1970

Postby Posh » Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:03 pm

I can see a lot of clubs not surviving the shutdown, especially if it goes beyond April. Apart from Macc and Oldham there are a lot of clubs who will struggle to cope with no revenue. The important thing is the season needs to finish. Players get paid all year round, so even if we take a break now and then say finish the season in say June and July, then a couple of weeks off and straight into next season, it may be the only option. Irrespective I can’t see Macc surviving this.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby Keith » Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:16 pm

Posh wrote:The important thing is the season needs to finish.

Closet Liverpool fan eh?

Posh wrote:
Players get paid all year round, so even if we take a break now and then say finish the season in say June and July, then a couple of weeks off and straight into next season, it may be the only option.

Problem is, players who are out of contract. Some will already have signed pre-contract agreements from January onwards, so whose players will they be?

I think doing whatever they can to finish the season is the best option, which may require games to be played behind closed doors. There was a suggestion that iFollow could be available for free to season ticket holders. It may need to be everyone if it is to stop people congregating.

But if the season can't be finished, it will be worth it just to watch the closet Scousers' heads exploding!
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby MfcChris » Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:48 pm

Let’s just freeze the tables and have no promotions and relegations apart from Harrogate coming up to replace Bury :lol:
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby Redalert1970 » Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:13 pm

This season as already finished

There won't be any more games in 19/20 season

Watch this space
Redalert1970

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:34 pm

There will be quite a few Adam Buxtons around when the players get back to it, Steve McNulty could be the norm
marky No.1

Previous

Return to General Discussion