Rod Taylor's message to the fans yesterday

Rod Taylor's message to the fans yesterday

Postby redrobo » Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:37 pm

Thanks Rod for yesterday's communication to our clubs fans.

Much appreciated by the majority I suspect.
redrobo

Re: Rod Taylor's message to the fans yesterday

Postby BerlinWaller » Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:21 pm

It was that inspiring it made posts on here vanish!
BerlinWaller

Postby Redalert1970 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:33 pm

I saw the Rod Taylor message online yesterday .. Problem is that if a team is struggling and find themselves bottom of the league fans are going to turn against management whoever they are - this happens at every club across the nation

Fans should stick together through thick and thin but fans do have different opinions and this will continue to happen year in year out

When new manager is appointed he will get the same grief if results are not good enough that's life and times of football
Redalert1970

Postby mrpotatohead » Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:11 pm

I think people on here and on facebook sniping at each other isnt really a concern for rod or the club ...but the direct and indirect shite that the former manager has had aimed at him has been upsetting for him , the board ,and most of the players , Jims gone ,fresh start and all that, but any real fan would recognise his huge contribution and wish him well.
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby Redalert1970 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:14 pm

Totally agree spud man - Jim did a good job as captain, player and manager but football doesn't stand still

He is in a relegation battle at Fylde unless they start getting some wins pretty soon as four teams get relegated from the national league
Redalert1970

Postby BerlinWaller » Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:18 pm

mrpotatohead wrote:I think people on here and on facebook sniping at each other isnt really a concern for rod or the club ...but the direct and indirect shite that the former manager has had aimed at him has been upsetting for him , the board ,and most of the players , Jims gone ,fresh start and all that, but any real fan would recognise his huge contribution and wish him well.

Be good to see you taking heed of Rod and getting behind our owners MPH. We can all move forward together COYS
BerlinWaller

Postby Andy D » Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:29 pm

mrpotatohead wrote:I think people on here and on facebook sniping at each other isnt really a concern for rod or the club ...but the direct and indirect shite that the former manager has had aimed at him has been upsetting for him , the board ,and most of the players , Jims gone ,fresh start and all that, but any real fan would recognise his huge contribution and wish him well.

I think some of it was aimed at you regarding giving the "Owners" some heavy criticism(with that other thread)

You can be a very very naughty Boy at times!
Andy D

Postby mrpotatohead » Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:47 pm

My criticism was aimed at them because of the shabby way they undermined our then manager and I stand by it 100%, I criticised the shabby way I thought MPG treat Jim Harvey whilst he was chairman....ditto.
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Sun Nov 03, 2019 6:13 pm

This is how to give a speech to fans :-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bop4rr6sUQo
Gone_Shrimping

Postby P/T Indie » Sun Nov 03, 2019 6:21 pm

I have always thought people at Morecambe get an easy ride compared to other clubs as it is all clubs go through periods of debating if their managers time is up. I always say imagine the forums and facebook groups at places like Bradford, Carlisle etc they will be on your back after a couple of games if they are not top of the league.

I admire Rod's loyality but to say noone should be debating the managers position when we are the bottom of the league seems a bit nieve to me, also the fact that Jim says in his interview that Rod and Graham wanted him to stay so would they have given him a new contract? given are current position that seems crazy.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Sun Nov 03, 2019 6:26 pm

P/T Indie wrote:I have always thought people at Morecambe get an easy ride compared to other clubs as it is all clubs go through periods of debating if their managers time is up. I always say imagine the forums and facebook groups at places like Bradford, Carlisle etc they will be on your back after a couple of games if they are not top of the league.

I admire Rod's loyality but to say noone should be debating the managers position when we are the bottom of the league seems a bit nieve to me, also the fact that Jim says in his interview that Rod and Graham wanted him to stay so would they have given him a new contract? given are current position that seems crazy.

Agreed.

I was amazed how much flak was aimed at the 2 owners when it was revealed that they had said there could be no contract talks with Jim until safety had been achieved. It would have been madness to have given him and Kenny another 2 year contract when we are bottom of the league.
Gone_Shrimping

Postby Slanester » Sun Nov 03, 2019 6:36 pm

Not unsurprising, but why is the question, that some choose to turn all threads, into our previous manager In/Out type of debate, even though he has now moved on. :?: :?:
Slanester

Postby redrobo » Sun Nov 03, 2019 6:37 pm

Could never include you in the sniping category could we.... :?: :?: :?:

:lol:
redrobo

Postby BerlinWaller » Sun Nov 03, 2019 6:38 pm

It's think fair to say that if it was up to Rod, Jim would have got a new contract. Rod would be making that decision due to Jim being held is such high regard by people within the club. Jim sounded very put out about entering his final 12 months and clearly expected a new deal.

Morecambe fans as a whole are very patient. I read a few forums and they are pretty serious places. Ours is very tame in comparison. I doubt Jim will get any serious flak at Fylde if things don't work out. Their fan base is very small, made up of Blackpool and Preston based fans who probably see Fylde as a second team.
BerlinWaller

Postby P/T Indie » Sun Nov 03, 2019 6:42 pm

Jim's problem at Fylde will be the Chairman if they aren't at the top this time next yyear he will be gone.

Challinor won 3 promotions just missed out last season but one bad start and he's gone.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby HALMA 1983 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:12 pm

Safe to say that Big Kev might take things a tad more personal than Jim did, given his sensitive nature and be much more proactive in facing up to any future detractors that cross the line and rightly so.
no one in their right mind, would want to bring on that amount of trouble in one sitting and hiding behind a keyboard won't save you :lol:
HALMA 1983

Postby MFC-Manc » Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:15 pm

It’s 2019, social media is part of every day life, every company has to deal with it. If you don’t like it, don’t read it.....as nothing anyone does will make it stop
I'm getting by just the best I can, While you're directing traffic
MFC-Manc

Postby HALMA 1983 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:20 pm

MFC-Manc wrote:It’s 2019, social media is part of every day life, every company has to deal with it. If you don’t like it, don’t read it.....as nothing anyone does will make it stop

A punch on the nose might change that philosophy
HALMA 1983

Postby BerlinWaller » Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:23 pm

OLDHAMADE wrote:
MFC-Manc wrote:It’s 2019, social media is part of every day life, every company has to deal with it. If you don’t like it, don’t read it.....as nothing anyone does will make it stop

A punch on the nose might change that philosophy

What a very strange comment
BerlinWaller

Postby KenH » Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:32 pm

Social media is here to stay. The club need to engage and be proactive with it. No good at all ignoring it and then having a rant when they see something they don't like. The club needs to turn the tables and take control of it's social media.
KenH

Postby BerlinWaller » Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:54 pm

I noticed Fylde are very proactive on matchdays on Twitter. Almost minute by minute updates during the game.
BerlinWaller

Postby al1 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:11 pm

Mr spud,the last manager undermined his own position by never changing his philosophy or tactics!
al1

Postby HALMA 1983 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:19 pm

al1 wrote:Mr spud,the last manager undermined his own position by never changing his philosophy or tactics!

That doesnt excuse the cowardly behaviour of some on here, it became personal and that's a whole new ball game.
HALMA 1983

Postby black morse » Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:58 pm

I think Rod rightly called for everyone to pull together now. What is in the past is in the past and everyone needs to let it rest now for the good of the club.
black morse

Postby thedoc » Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:27 am

I don't know Rod Taylor so I have no axe to grind with him personally. I just felt that - as The Man With The Microphone - he was in a particularly powerful (and unchallengeable) position on Saturday: nobody had a right to reply. How politicians must envy him: they could all say whatever they liked and the (captive) audience can like it or lump it as we all did at the Globe on Saturday. I didn't personally agree with some of the things he said, which I thought were self-serving and not necessarily true either. To be fair though, I take my hat off to him for being seemingly the only person on the Morecambe Board to be prepared to stick his head above the parapet and actually talk to The Great Unwashed in the first place (who else does?) However, I think it would be better if he were to write a version of what he said on Saturday and publish it on the Club's website. That way, at least there would be the possibility for some sort of feedback from the people who actually support what is - when all is said and done - our club. Not his. Not mine. Not yours. But all of ours. Surely that's a more productive way to proceed for everyone concerned rather than a one-way street where we all hear what he thinks but it doesn't work the other way round.
thedoc

Next

Return to General Discussion