JIMBO

Re: JIMBO

Postby Keith » Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:01 am

Moose wrote:
Keith wrote:
Moose wrote:Please explain where loyalty comes into it if he is about to walk away?

The loyalty of sticking with Morecambe Fc through the darkest period of players, staff & himself not being paid for starters! Losing his best players season after season, yet sticking with us? Convincing players to sign for Morecambe on less money than they could get in the National League? The fact that we're still a Football League club is incredible.

But now we can see all you anti-Jim 'stay away' fans come flooding back to take our average attendance up to 2,500 at least and a new manager taking us up to League One while playing like Brazil... I can't wait!

He wasn't doing that though Keith.
Who's mentioned league one? Who's mentioned plalying like Brazil?
I've mentioned turning up to watch a decent game of league two / Conference football.

Anyone who suggests that League position and size of budget are not related are clearly suggesting that despite the lack of money, we should be higher up than we are.

Anyone who thinks that we can turn out a decent footballing side without any cash, rather than being able to grind out results in order to survive, somehow thinks that the two are unrelated.

"I've mentioned turning up to watch a decent game of league two / Conference football".

That statement really is the crux of the matter. The 'Jim out' campaigners would rather watch us as a mid-table Conference side than a struggling Football League team. And that is fair enough if, as you have, they'd just say so. Unfortunately, our budget is lower Conference level. Once relegated, our budget will be cut further. So we end up with a natural position of National League North.

If you want to watch nice football in National League North instead of Football League, then that's a fair & reasonable argument.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby BerlinWaller » Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:04 am

[/quote]

The loyalty of sticking with Morecambe Fc through the darkest period of players, staff & himself not being paid for starters! Losing his best players season after season, yet sticking with us? Convincing players to sign for Morecambe on less money than they could get in the National League? The fact that we're still a Football League club is incredible.

But now we can see all you anti-Jim 'stay away' fans come flooding back to take our average attendance up to 2,500 at least and a new manager taking us up to League One while playing like Brazil... I can't wait![/quote]
He wasn't doing that though Keith.
Who's mentioned league one? Who's mentioned plalying like Brazil?
I've mentioned turning up to watch a decent game of league two / Conference football.[/quote]

Anyone who suggests that League position and size of budget are not related are clearly suggesting that despite the lack of money, we should be higher up than we are.

Anyone who thinks that we can turn out a decent footballing side without any cash, rather than being able to grind out results in order to survive, somehow thinks that the two are unrelated.

"I've mentioned turning up to watch a decent game of league two / Conference football".

That statement really is the crux of the matter. The 'Jim out' campaigners would rather watch us as a mid-table Conference side than a struggling Football League team. And that is fair enough if, as you have, they'd just say so. Unfortunately, our budget is lower Conference level. Once relegated, our budget will be cut further. So we end up with a natural position of National League North.

If you want to watch nice football in National League North instead of Football League, then that's a fair & reasonable argument.[/quote]

Sorry to hijack this debate but The Daily Keith predicted a play off push at the start of the season.
BerlinWaller

Postby black morse » Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:02 am

To be fair, the vast majority of us were expecting good things from the new team. There was an optimistic approach from fans, team and management after the second half of last season. we new we had lost several of our top players but the feeling was that re-signing the likes of Allesandra, Miller and Stockton would compensate.
black morse

Postby black morse » Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:04 pm

Thanks Jim for all your hard work. May not have agreed with all your decisions but can't say you haven't put your heart and soul into it under dire circumstances. You'll always be remembered as a Morecambe legend.
black morse

Postby sandgrown » Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:37 pm

black morse wrote:Thanks Jim for all your hard work. May not have agreed with all your decisions but can't say you haven't put your heart and soul into it under dire circumstances. You'll always be remembered as a Morecambe legend.

ditto
sandgrown

Postby lancaster shrimp » Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:44 pm

Weather we disagreed on Jim in/out, tactics, players, formations etc. One thing we can all agree on is thanking Jim for all the years of services and as a club we will never see his like again. Thank you for all you've done for our football club JB. For that i'll be forever and eternally grateful and I wish you all the very best in your new and future adventures.
lancaster shrimp

Postby HALMA 1983 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:50 pm

'Oh Jimbooooooooooo, he's magic you knooooooooooooow'

Get the statue foundations ready, let work commence!
HALMA 1983

Postby BerlinWaller » Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:11 pm

OLDHAMADE wrote:'Oh Jimbooooooooooo, he's magic you knooooooooooooow'

Where is the Joe Royle statue at Boundry Park?
BerlinWaller

Postby HALMA 1983 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:19 pm

BerlinWaller wrote:
OLDHAMADE wrote:'Oh Jimbooooooooooo, he's magic you knooooooooooooow'

Where is the Joe Royle statue at Boundry Park?

He was City and Everton but still managed to get a stand named after him, Jim was all Morecambe and deserves a statue,
You going to help me dig the foundations with the other volunteers or is that beyond you?
HALMA 1983

Postby BerlinWaller » Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:38 pm

Be too tempted to push you in the hole
BerlinWaller

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:44 pm

BerlinWaller wrote:Be too tempted to push you in the hole

:lol:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Pandashrimp » Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:09 pm

Some of these comments are laughable and quite frankly disgraceful in equal measure. I actually think this was the right time for Jim to move on. We are in need of a change but his status at this club as player AND MANAGER is untouchable. Legend forever. Well said Oldhamade.

Interesting report coming out on Radio Lancashire due. Twitter stating Bentley full of praise for the club “But not it’s owners”. Do you think he means the current pair ??
Pandashrimp

Postby HALMA 1983 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:24 pm

BerlinWaller wrote:Be too tempted to push you in the hole

For the good of everyone else I'd be sure to pull you in with me, concrete might just shut that cakehole of yours up
HALMA 1983

Postby Phoenix Shrimp 2017 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:34 pm

Pandashrimp wrote:Some of these comments are laughable and quite frankly disgraceful in equal measure. I actually think this was the right time for Jim to move on. We are in need of a change but his status at this club as player AND MANAGER is untouchable. Legend forever. Well said Oldhamade.

Interesting report coming out on Radio Lancashire due. Twitter stating Bentley full of praise for the club “But not it’s owners”. Do you think he means the current pair ??

He said the same on his ITV interview from AFC Fylde a short time ago. Words to the effect that he had always been supported by the owners (presumably Peter Mc', but not for the last 18 months). Could this be a reference to him wanting to bring a midfielder in after Andy Flemings untimely retirement but allegedly being refused permission. Link this in with the owners claims that we will not make a loss this season and it all makes sense i.e. severe budget restrictions. Anyhow thanks for everything Jimbo. You were a true legend as a player and have done a more than decent job as a manager with one hand tied behind your back.

UTS.
Phoenix Shrimp 2017

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:03 pm

In regard to a statue, there is a donation page for people to contribute to a Thora Hird one. They are looking to raise £92,000 :o

http://www.thorahirdstatue.co.uk/
marky No.1

Postby BerlinWaller » Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:13 pm

marky No.1 wrote:In regard to a statue, there is a donation page for people to contribute to a Thora Hird one. They are looking to raise £92,000 :o

Does that include the stair lift?
BerlinWaller

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:23 pm

BerlinWaller wrote:
marky No.1 wrote:In regard to a statue, there is a donation page for people to contribute to a Thora Hird one. They are looking to raise £92,000 :o

Does that include the stair lift?

Lol, just pointing out the potential cost, I would rather see the home end sorted
marky No.1

Postby BerlinWaller » Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:39 pm

We could get that Venis and Cupid statue from the prom near Happy Mount Park. Put a tracksuit and a Jim Bentley mask on the big one and then for a one off payment, you could have your face put on the little one. That way, all the people that miss Jim can pretend he is lovingly swinging them in the air. Raise a few quid doing that and that statue only cost 20k.
Attachments
unique.jpg
unique.jpg (51.77 KiB) Viewed 2872 times
BerlinWaller

Postby asda shrimp » Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:08 pm

black morse wrote:Thanks Jim for all your hard work. May not have agreed with all your decisions but can't say you haven't put your heart and soul into it under dire circumstances. You'll always be remembered as a Morecambe legend.

Same from me.
asda shrimp

Postby HALMA 1983 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:21 pm

Makes a pleasant change to hear something positive about J.B
https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/spor ... 1-10087365
HALMA 1983

Postby jbc.shrimp » Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:40 pm

A little critical of this. He was on radio Lancs at lunchtime praising Fylde for having all weather training pitches, yet when he was with us he said he wasn't interested in them.
jbc.shrimp

Postby Bare bum » Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:59 pm

Yeah but when I was with Jane I said I wasn't interested in big breasted women, now I'm with buxom Melonia I'm full of praise for them
A lilo, almost as nice as a puppy
Bare bum

Postby Seasider9601 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:16 pm

Bare bum wrote:Yeah but when I was with Jane I said I wasn't interested in big breasted women, now I'm with buxom Melonia I'm full of praise for them

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby redrobo » Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:48 pm

OLDHAMADE wrote:Makes a pleasant change to hear something positive about J.B

Matty Kosylo played in last years FA Cup replay for Halifax v ourselves and was regarded by their fans as their best player.

Don't recall him being that special on the night.
redrobo

Postby Phoenix Shrimp 2017 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:25 pm

redrobo wrote:
OLDHAMADE wrote:Makes a pleasant change to hear something positive about J.B

Matty Kosylo played in last years FA Cup replay for Halifax v ourselves and was regarded by their fans as their best player.

Don't recall him being that special on the night.

I and several others thought he ripped us a new one for 60 minutes at the Shay that night, before they sat back on their lead. We didn't seem to be able to stop his runs and he looked very creative. I personally thought that Jimbo would look forward to working with him at Fylde and I notice he's gone from being out of favour to straight back in the first 11 under Jim.
Phoenix Shrimp 2017

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion