JIMBO

Re: JIMBO

Postby Moose » Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:09 pm

Freez wrote:And crowds are up, they were last season too!!
If it happens, with a new boss, will the crowds come flooding back?
We shall see.
paschahound wrote:
Moose wrote:It was already crap, crowds were down, people like myself had stopped bothering, football was boring,

Mmm.. Did you enjoy those days at home against teams like Goole when we lost 1-3, or perhaps when we lost 1-4 at home to Lancaster, or maybe that 3-0 home defeat against Matlock...or even, in a slightly later, better era, that 0-3 home loss to Oswestry?
Did you love those FA Cup First Qual rounds (ok Esh Winning was fun), and all those games just to qualify for the first round of the Trophy? Well, I did actually, and crowds were in the 200's as it was our home club and our passion.
So why did you 'stop bothering' given our earlier history? Why did you 'stop bothering' when we had moved from crowds in the 200's to the thousands? Why did you 'stop bothering' when we moved from a cup of hot Bovril at half time to a reasonable pint with a fabulous pie?
Why has football been 'crap' since we have played against fourth tier teams, but not against teams like Netherfield, Great Harwood and South Liverpool?
I honestly don't get it...really, I don't.
Come on, widen your perspective and look how far we have come.

Well... for a start, I can't get access to a pint at any point during the game, having a lifetime ticket from Christie doesn't allow me access... that's where half the old crowd went - to the other side... obviously you have not done your research...
Moose

Postby Moose » Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:15 pm

I was lucky if there was a pie available! Then they come round at full time selling them for 50p!
I used to stand on Christie's car wash in weather the stewards frowned upon!

Crowds are up?
Moose

Postby Slanester » Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:17 pm

Moose wrote:I don't care what any of you say

Pretty much sums it up I think. Shouting your opinion loudest, doesn’t mean it’s right.
Slanester

Postby Moose » Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:25 pm

Slanester wrote:
Moose wrote:I don't care what any of you say

Pretty much sums it up I think. Shouting your opinion loudest, doesn’t mean it’s right.

Well cut and pasted. Nothing to do with what I was saying.
Moose

Postby Moose » Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:47 pm

I deserve a reply. Or an apology for how you tried to make me look.
You can't get away with just picking a clip from my post and making me look like that.
Show my full sentence.
Moose

Postby RapidShrimp » Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:05 pm

Much like RR, I take the opinion of thanking Jim for his excellent service and brilliant memories with our club, and wish him (and anyone he takes with him) good luck because they deserve our backing. He has served us with some brilliant memories over the years, and has shown fortitude in overcoming some of the club’s most difficult periods.

But, the time has well and truly come to part ways (I personally think after Coventry he should’ve stepped down as that, in my opinion, was the peak of the last few years) and both parties to look forward to a new journey.

As RR said, I have been critical of his tactics, team selection/subs, interview excuses etc. but coming out and lambasting a man who has served us for nearly 18 seasons is criminal, it really is. I hate the term ‘true fan’ but the best amongst us, whatever our views on his stint as gaffer, should at least respect and thank this man.

Thanks Jim, we really appreciate you.
Last edited by RapidShrimp on Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RapidShrimp

Postby mrpotatohead » Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:06 pm

Be happy children ...we may be leaving the EFL but at least we will still be in the EU :D
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby Freez » Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:09 pm

It’s is bizarre I admit, but the crowds have averaged higher for home fans based on two seasons ago.
But hopefully people like yourself Moose coming back will help even more, possibly that could increase the playing budget for a new bloke if they get one in?
Who knows.
If he goes, good luck too him, Jim has worked in difficult boardroom circumstances that are well documented, if it was just a job, he has had other offers that he has turned down, so in my opinion that is more than most would have done.
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Postby BerlinWaller » Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:13 pm

Radio Lancs have just tweeted that they understand Jim has taken the job at Fylde
BerlinWaller

Postby Screenster » Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:18 pm

BerlinWaller wrote:Radio Lancs have just tweeted that they understand Jim has taken the job at Fylde

So it's as good as confirmed then. Get the statue built, get a new boss in, and let's get off the bottom of the table.
Screenster

Postby Redalert1970 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:22 pm

Must be Alan Curbishley for Morecambe

He gets touted for every job going

More chance of it been Paul Ince

We need someone who is going to really shake things up and not play there favourites
Redalert1970

Postby Slanester » Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:25 pm

Moose wrote:I deserve a reply. Or an apology for how you tried to make me look.
You can't get away with just picking a clip from my post and making me look like that.
Show my full sentence.

I based my view on most of what you have posted so far, not just a single statement. You have an opinion, which is everybody’s right, and you have made it clear, that is it. Not any kind of debate.
Your full sentence read;

“ I don’t care what any of you say, it was not all down to money.”
Slanester

Postby MFC-Manc » Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:30 pm

He’s gone as of tomorrow. As I said in another thread, I hope people realise we are losing a decent manger who has put up with more crap than any other manager
I'm getting by just the best I can, While you're directing traffic
MFC-Manc

Postby paulshrimp » Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:33 pm

I think Jim deserves a lot of credit for the time he has given to MFC. He was a great leader on the pitch. When he became manager he found a lot of players and arranged some cracking loans which kept us in the EFL. I know teams can do well on low budgets but ours was so low for so long that we had no hope of holding onto the better players. The only thing I found hard to understand towards the end was his reliance on using the same players (deck chairs on the Titanic) rather than trying some of the youngsters. All in all I think Jim’s time here was a positive for Morecambe and we should wish him well for the future
paulshrimp

Postby Wild Bill » Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:51 pm

Good luck Jim and thanks for the memories. You always gave your all to the club and no doubt you will be successful elsewhere. I do though think it is time for all to have a clean break.

Naming stands and having a statue is a bit OTT though. He kept us going during some tough times but he never won anything, rarely did anything in the cups, saw us average 17-18th place finishes and left us bottom of the league.
I am the Thai Shrimp!
Wild Bill

Postby BerlinWaller » Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:52 pm

All the best Jim, thanks for the memories.
BerlinWaller

Postby steve mfc » Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:16 pm

If its true then I wish him all the best a great captain and player and he has done a good job under difficult circumstances in keeping us in this league, but I think the point had come some time ago where it would have been better for everyone concerned if a parting of the ways had occurred. His loyalty and dedication cant be faulted but its time for a change.
steve mfc

Postby Keith » Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:21 pm

Moose wrote:Please explain where loyalty comes into it if he is about to walk away?

The loyalty of sticking with Morecambe Fc through the darkest period of players, staff & himself not being paid for starters! Losing his best players season after season, yet sticking with us? Convincing players to sign for Morecambe on less money than they could get in the National League? The fact that we're still a Football League club is incredible.

But now we can see all you anti-Jim 'stay away' fans come flooding back to take our average attendance up to 2,500 at least and a new manager taking us up to League One while playing like Brazil... I can't wait!
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Redalert1970 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:27 pm

Never mind playing like Brazil. Playing like Bolivia would be a start
Redalert1970

Postby Moose » Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:04 am

Keith wrote:
Moose wrote:Please explain where loyalty comes into it if he is about to walk away?

The loyalty of sticking with Morecambe Fc through the darkest period of players, staff & himself not being paid for starters! Losing his best players season after season, yet sticking with us? Convincing players to sign for Morecambe on less money than they could get in the National League? The fact that we're still a Football League club is incredible.

But now we can see all you anti-Jim 'stay away' fans come flooding back to take our average attendance up to 2,500 at least and a new manager taking us up to League One while playing like Brazil... I can't wait!

He wasn't doing that though Keith.
Who's mentioned league one? Who's mentioned plalying like Brazil?
I've mentioned turning up to watch a decent game of league two / Conference football.
Moose

Postby CityShrimp » Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:01 am

Well now that it’s happened and Jim has left, the Jim in v Jim out argument will be settled for good.

Either a new manager will come in and we will play better football and move up the league, in which case the Jim out brigade were right all along... or things won’t improve and we’ll go down, in which case the Jim in brigade were right.

Let’s all hope that Jim’s critics were right. I just hope those of us who backed him won’t be sat here saying “I told you so” at the end of the season.
CityShrimp

Postby HALMA 1983 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:17 am

CityShrimp wrote:Well now that it’s happened and Jim has left, the Jim in v Jim out argument will be settled for good.

Either a new manager will come in and we will play better football and move up the league, in which case the Jim out brigade were right all along... or things won’t improve and we’ll go down, in which case the Jim in brigade were right.

Let’s all hope that Jim’s critics were right. I just hope those of us who backed him won’t be sat here saying “I told you so” at the end of the season.

No one's bothered about being proved right or wrong, I couldn't care less.
My beef has always been about the way the manager has been undermined and called at every turn by a few serial moaners, who for one, wouldn't have the balls to tell him to his face and two,
Don't have a bloody clue about the complexities of the shitstorm Jim has held together for as long as he has.
I salute him for his tenacity and as said previous, many a weaker man would have packed it in far earlier, so, now he can move on and our best wishes go with him but the main thing is to move on fast, get behind who ever comes in and hope they're made of the same stuff, in order league status can be secured.
This in itself would trump all the previous miracles, end of argument!
HALMA 1983

Postby mrpotatohead » Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:48 am

Oldhamade is correct, there are of course some fans who have been eloquent in their argument for a new boss, but the mindless rants of a few lemming like simpletons have been overwhelming at times, rather like BREXIT supporting racists.
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby BerlinWaller » Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:24 am

The rhetoric used by some people on here is unreal. Get a grip people.
BerlinWaller

Postby Phil Anderer » Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:52 am

Whilst having been one this season to say I think Jim's done all he can for us, I nevertheless appreciated the work he's done and the difficulties he's had along the way, like budgets and players, staff and himself not being paid, so I would like to wish him all the best for the future. I hop whoever comes in to replace him can do as well at finding and encouraging players to come to 'little old Morecambe'. I think the most attractive feature we have for potential managers is that we don't have a history of knee-jerk reactions to poor form, meaning the club at least (though perhaps not some sections of the fans) will allow a manager time to settle and turn things around. The unambitious target of retaining league status may be a bit of a downer, driven as it is by a low budget, but let's please give whoever comes in a chance to improve matters.
The 3 rules of Fascism:
1. Make stuff up;
2. Scream it loudly;
3. Kill people.
(copyright Eddie Izzard)
Phil Anderer

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion