JIMBO

Re: JIMBO

Postby Slanester » Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:17 am

BerlinWaller wrote:
Slanester wrote:
Redalert1970 wrote:My proper name is John Taylor. I’m not bothered who knows

Football is like life we all have different opinions

You are right John, this is a footy forum, very boring if we all agreed on everything. It’s not about the differing opinions, but more, the sometimes personal digs/jibe/piss take/insults etc,etc. It is much less likely to happen, when it isn’t from, or too, a forum pseudonym, imo. Just like on fb, it soon becomes apparent who is “fishing,” and just being a dick, but the numbers are small, likely due to not being anonymous, and then easily ignored.( keeping the blood reassure down :) )
If someone isn’t prepared to say something,in face to face discussion, then don’t spout it from behind a keyboard.
This is not aimed at you personally.

I will talk football with anyone Sean Slaney, it is my favourite hobby. I feel your post is tinged with a bit of passive aggression there Sean. I stand in the same spot every week, i walk over Regent bridge every week. More than happy to talk football with you anytime you want. I don't use FB but I post on twitter using my real name Sean, I don't just hide under the cloak of darkness on here.

“Passive aggression??” Just stating it as I see it, sorry don’t know your name. Sounds more like the “passive aggression ” is in your post, aimed at me. No mention of any individual in mine, just a generalisation of my “opinion.”
You know who I am, why not introduce yourself at a game?
Based on the evidence of posts so far, there is no “discussion” on your part, just your opinion, that in the way you word things, is always right.

Missed your last comment Berlin Waller. Yes that is me on fb, no picture, for reasons I can’t be bothered to explain on here. The thing is, I don’t “spout off,” but if people do feel aggrieved by anything, they can easily get hold of me, no problem.
It is obvious, that for some reason you want to keep things personal, nothing to do with football, so maybe we can talk it out, to resolve things?
Slanester

Postby BerlinWaller » Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:27 am

I give up Sean. It was an invitation to have a chat anytime you want. Despite being classed as having mental health issues by some on here, I am a jovial chap.

We both know your post was aimed at me, don't be playing daft. Is it you who campaigns for all anonymity to be removed on here, who has no profile pic on FB? Give me a follow on twitter Sean, we can chat on there as well( gazpar81)
BerlinWaller

Postby Slanester » Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:36 am

BerlinWaller wrote:I give up Sean. It was an invitation to have a chat anytime you want. Despite being classed as having mental health issues by some on here, I am a jovial chap.

We both know your post was aimed at me, don't be playing daft. Is it you who campaigns for all anonymity to be removed on here, who has no profile pic on FB?

See my previous post BW.
Not cracking on daft, my post is reference to all, including you.
I have never knowingly aimed insult at you, or anybody, on here. Maybe a bit of banter, without venom.
We even occasionally agree on footy opinion(?)
Happy to keep it that way, and will continue to maintain that, on here.
Slanester

Postby HALMA 1983 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:10 am

BerlinWaller wrote:I give up Sean. It was an invitation to have a chat anytime you want. Despite being classed as having mental health issues by some on here, I am a jovial chap.

We both know your post was aimed at me, don't be playing daft. Is it you who campaigns for all anonymity to be removed on here, who has no profile pic on FB? Give me a follow on twitter Sean, we can chat on there as well( gazpar81)

Most men have some form of mental health issue during their lives Gareth and I've admitted to my own struggle after losing my father, I never stated that you had mental health although, I'd say your overall demeanor and prickliness towards other people certainly flags up the warning signs.
Nature or nurture? I can't decide which category you fall into.

Sean called it right, you've been asked politely to stop insulting others from behind your keyboard and leave the personal stuff behind, we are all grown men and the good of Morecambe Football club is all this forum is truly about.
HALMA 1983

Postby Redalert1970 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:21 pm

I have had stress depression and anxiety issues for the last two years and am currently seeing a councillor

The condition is real and it’s an awful thing to go through - if I hadn’t opened up about it I would probably have been dead by now as it got that bad

I actually spoke to a current player who as gone through the same things

Would not wish my condition on my worst enemy - you get through each day best you can and hope things get gradually better which for me thankfully they are but it’s a very slow process

When my ex wife cheated on me I went off the rails drinking and gambling and thought life wasn’t worth living but thankfully to my councillor and very close friends I am fighting through it every day
Redalert1970

Postby Slanester » Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:56 pm

Redalert1970 wrote:I have had stress depression and anxiety issues for the last two years and am currently seeing a councillor

The condition is real and it’s an awful thing to go through - if I hadn’t opened up about it I would probably have been dead by now as it got that bad

Would not wish my condition on my worst enemy - you get through each day best you can and hope things get gradually better which for me thankfully they are but it’s a very slow process

When my ex wife cheated on me I went off the rails drinking and gambling and thought life wasn’t worth living but thankfully to my councillor and very close friends I am fighting through it every day

A very personal, honest, and brave post John.
What you are going trough, puts the reality of life into perspective, and in the scheme of things, football actually counts for Jack Sh!t. Stay strong, and keep doing whatever it takes. Things WILL get better in time, however long it takes.
Use the forum as a small, but maybe important part of the journey.
Take it easy.
Sean
Slanester

Postby Keith » Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:23 pm

Redalert1970 wrote:I have had stress depression and anxiety issues for the last two years and am currently seeing a councillor

Very honest post John, hopefully being able to talk openly is also an indication of a more positive state of mind generally.

I missed any comment that could be construed as being derogatory regarding mental health (unfortunately I do miss some posts, what with sometimes having a life!) but if they are seen, they'll be dealt with.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby HALMA 1983 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:03 pm

John,
I had no idea you were going through all of this mate, it takes a brave man to admit when things aren't going as they should and I salute you for it, I made the mistake of bottling it up and cutting off ties with people.
We are social creatures and need others around us to function correctly, I am just and so getting back to full interaction with others after nearly 2 years, the pain still lingers on.
If you want to talk about it or just do the walk down the prom, go for a coffee, D.M me!
Adrian.
HALMA 1983

Postby BerlinWaller » Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:27 pm

At least some good came from this topic. Fair play John, hope better times are around the corner for you and you are back watching your beloved Morecambe sooner rather than later. Nobody should doubt your support of this club.

Keith, I am willing to let the " i know people with cancer who are happier than you" comment pass.
BerlinWaller

Postby Redalert1970 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:22 am

People should not judge books by just the covers

I’ve been as low as you can get in life but am slowly working back up

Yes I have been negative but I really want to get out of that mindset not just on here but life in general
Redalert1970

Postby HALMA 1983 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:05 am

Redalert1970 wrote:People should not judge books by just the covers

I’ve been as low as you can get in life but am slowly working back up

Yes I have been negative but I really want to get out of that mindset not just on here but life in general

John,
Only one person can judge you or anyone else, fair play to you, like me you have openly said there's been a crisis point in your life, something that has taken you away from your normal self.
You've been apologetic about things you've said on here and that's fully accepted and understood, now we know why.
HALMA 1983

Postby redrobo » Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:42 am

It takes a lot of courage to admit that one has problems especially on this forum which in the past has been so toxic.

All credit and admiration to those who have posted on here and elsewhere to bear their soul in public.

Takes a lot of doing and speaks volumes about ones strength of character in a society where people are so quick to judge on their fellow man without any regard of the possible lasting effect that may endure.
redrobo

Postby mrpotatohead » Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:54 pm

A lot of people suffer in silence at work, being put on to do extra hours and tasks outside their job description , getting paid sporadically or sometimes not at all, undermined by their bosses , sometimes on social media, and reading toxic things about themselves online in by fans of the local footy club, maybe someone we all know suffered in silence before quitting his job and going to Fylde.
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:03 am

Barnet score a 93rd minute winner against AFC Fylde in the televised game.
Gone_Shrimping

Postby mrpotatohead » Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:03 am

Is this the future....not a peep when he wins but straight on it when he loses...Fylde will overtake us like Accy and Fleetwood did before them, deal with it.
mrpotatohead

Postby redrobo » Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:10 pm

Suggest that we ALL keep the faith in OUR club...... :cry:
redrobo

Postby Slanester » Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:20 pm

redrobo wrote:Suggest that we ALL keep the faith in OUR club...... :cry:

Agreed rr. The “equal and opposite stuff,” is very tedious, in both directions. COYS.
Slanester

Postby Keith » Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:34 pm

BerlinWaller wrote:The infamous Round up Gang have been replaced by Spud head and his merry men. Always ready to pounce in numbers on any poor soul who dares post about St Jim. The Oldham fan has even gone incognito with a cunning name change.

Redalert even backed up his claim with last seasons attendance but the Merry men are not having it.

“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:29 pm

Been following a FB thread and a person going on about JB, who has said leave it alone and yet he is the one still giving it.
Jims wife has even joined in to ask him to leave it alone and he still persists and is arguing with her.
She has kept screenshots of his abusive behaviour and cyberbullying towards her husband.

Apparently he has sent screenshots of hers to the Fylde Chairman!

FFS
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby mrpotatohead » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:40 pm

Hope it's not one of our lot !!!
mrpotatohead

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:10 pm

mrpotatohead wrote:Hope it's not one of our lot !!!

Unfortunately it is
marky No.1

Postby dazza » Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:39 pm

Name and shame them mark

It needs dealing with.
****dazza****
dazza

Postby mrpotatohead » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:02 pm

Embarrassing and undeserved, but sadly part and parcel of the job, "fans" eh???
mrpotatohead

Postby Shrimptheworld » Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:44 pm

marky No.1 wrote:Been following a FB thread and a person going on about JB, who has said leave it alone and yet he is the one still giving it.
Jims wife has even joined in to ask him to leave it alone and he still persists and is arguing with her.
She has kept screenshots of his abusive behaviour and cyberbullying towards her husband.

FFS

If you see the message that her sent me personal messages is it is bad. If the non league see it he can get sack cos of his wife. So what if I sent it to afc fydle chairman I was in the right to sent it to them. And lots of other people know who was in the wrong and right.
Shrimptheworld

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:57 pm

Shrimptheworld wrote:
marky No.1 wrote:Been following a FB thread and a person going on about JB, who has said leave it alone and yet he is the one still giving it.

FFS

If you see the message that her sent me personal messages is it is bad. If the non league see it he can get sack cos of his wife. So what if I sent it to afc fydle chairman I was in the right to sent it to them. And lots of other people know who was in the wrong and right.

Why can't you just leave him and his family alone Mark, he's gone now. Remember it was you that stated exactly that.
Marie has obviously been following your 'slanderous' statements against her husband, you wouldn't want her to get the police involved like she has mentioned.

I'm saying this for your own good, but seeing all that tripe rattled my cage.
marky No.1

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion