JIMBO

JIMBO

Postby HALMA 1983 » Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:58 pm

What a Captain, what a Manager, what a Man.
A true hero and no amount of thanks will ever cover what you've done for this club and town.
I just wanted you to know this...................It's been an honour.
HALMA 1983

Re: JIMBO

Postby mrpotatohead » Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:35 pm

Whatever the future holds for Jim, he will always be remembered as the greatest ever Shrimps Legend , on and off the pitch.
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby Moose » Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:47 am

Both annoyed and bilious... going to sum it up for you right now Oldham... (from me and a good few hundred others)... what a load of arse licking shite.
Obviously don't talk to the people that used to come to watch a game of decent football then dropped off..
Captain, Player.. yes... Manager? Get a grip.
Christie the Cat could have done what he has or hasn't.
It's shit, accept it and accept the fact that is why people don't come any more, not because the town doesn't support their team, it's because when they do turn out... it's shit!
I (and many others) stopped coming when they renewed his contract.
'Oh he's done a great job of keeping us up...' no, there have just been shitter teams than us. Change should have come years ago, but no... now we are paying the price.
Not all down to money, yes, it plays a massive part, but if the tactics and football are shit, it's no wonder the gates dropped.
A breath of fresh air instead of the same old shite?.... yes I will start attending again.
Moose

Postby Redalert1970 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:11 am

Well said Moose

Your always going to get free loaders. clingons. arse lickers what ever you wanna call them at every club

Yes we have no money , yes we get small crowds , yes we are competing against massive clubs like Bradford and Carlisle but 2 league wins in 16 is simply simply not good enough
Redalert1970

Postby BerlinWaller » Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:21 am

Jimbo the player was a monster, a true leader. His 2 goals v Chester, his header when 2 yards out of play at Scouseport and lifting the trophy at Wembley all stick in my mind. A legend.

Jim was the right appointment at the time. We all wanted it. I don't think it has panned out the way he wanted it to and some of us fans feel the same. He got us through the takeover saga when we were totally screwed. We should remember that.

For me, it has dragged on for two years too long but we should never forget what Jim Bentley means to Morecambe FC.
BerlinWaller

Postby Redalert1970 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:16 am

Totally agree Berlin Waller

Similar to Arsène Wenger at Arsenal ... club legend and will never be forgotten

Only problem is when it goes stale changes need to be made and not dragged on and on
Redalert1970

Postby mrpotatohead » Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:24 am

The point of this post has been lost immediately, Moose, you are entitled to your opinion but it belonged on the "Jim out" post, it's disrespectful, and your comments, red alert, towards Oldhamade and other pro Bentley fans are out of order, get a grip.

Slagging Jim off in one breath and then comparing him to Arsene in another, was frankly hilarious though :lol:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby HALMA 1983 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:38 am

Moose wrote:Both annoyed and bilious... going to sum it up for you right now Oldham... (from me and a good few hundred others)... what a load of arse licking shite.
Obviously don't talk to the people that used to come to watch a game of decent football then dropped off..
It's shit, accept it and accept the fact that is why people don't come any more, not because the town doesn't support their team, it's because when they do turn out... it's shit!
'Oh he's done a great job of keeping us up...' no, there have just been shitter teams than us. Change should have come years ago, but no... now we are paying the price.
Not all down to money, yes, it plays a massive part, but if the tactics and football are shit, it's no wonder the gates dropped.
A breath of fresh air instead of the same old shite?.... yes I will start attending again.

I came on here to pay tribute to the legend that is Jim Bentley, I did it purely because of my own personal feelings towards his standing and what he's achieved over many years of service.
A mark of respect! It's not 'arse licking' for I have nothing to gain, it comes from the heart.

Looks like you and a few others on here have finally got your way, hopefully the next man who comes in, will be able to work to a very rigourous timetable, zero backing from the owners or the so called 'fans' and with the same empty purse,
woe-be-tide he lose a few games or set the team up differently to your opinion, for he too is destined to failure straight from the off and will no doubts receive the same shabby treatment off a select few on here.

The man deserves better and we'll leave it there.
HALMA 1983

Postby BerlinWaller » Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:42 am

OLDHAMADE wrote:
Moose wrote:Both annoyed and bilious... going to sum it up for you right now Oldham... (from me and a good few hundred others)... what a load of arse licking shite.

I came on here to pay tribute to the legend that is Jim Bentley, I did it purely because of my own personal feelings towards his standing and what he's achieved over many years of service.
A mark of respect! It's not 'arse licking' for I have nothing to gain, it comes from the heart.

Looks like you and a few others on here have finally got your way, hopefully the next man who comes in, will be able to work to a very rigourous timetable, zero backing from the owners or the so called 'fans' and with the same empty purse,
woe-be-tide he lose a few games or set the team up differently to your opinion, for he too is destined to failure straight from the off and will no doubts receive the same shabby treatment off a select few on here.

The man deserves better and we'll leave it there.

I remember your unwavering support for Paul Scholes when he got the Oldham job. Don't come on here giving it the holier than thou routine.
BerlinWaller

Postby HALMA 1983 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:23 am

BerlinWaller wrote:I remember your unwavering support for Paul Scholes when he got the Oldham job. Don't come on here giving it the holier than thou routine.

I don't need your permission to say anything and I've no doubts been in Morecambe longer than yourself to make an opinion,
You're correct, that I had more than a little excitement at the prospect of one of the best midfielders in the game becoming manager but as was proved on that cold Tuesday night at Boundary park, he was out thought by a better manager of a smaller club, punching well above its weight, with far less at his disposal.

The reality is, you have a man who is Morecambe through and through, done more than was realistically possible and will be remembered long after you and your bunch of merry men have turned to dust.
Time you started to enjoy your life more, it's shorter than you think!
HALMA 1983

Postby BerlinWaller » Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:36 am

OLDHAMADE wrote:
BerlinWaller wrote:I remember your unwavering support for Paul Scholes when he got the Oldham job. Don't come on here giving it the holier than thou routine.

I don't need your permission to say anything and I've no doubts been in Morecambe longer than yourself to make an opinion,
You're correct, that I had more than a little excitement at the prospect of one of the best midfielders in the game becoming manager but as was proved on that cold Tuesday night at Boundary park, he was out thought by a better manager of a smaller club, punching well above its weight, with far less at his disposal.

The reality is, you have a man who is Morecambe through and through, done more than was realistically possible and will be remembered long after you and your bunch of merry men have turned to dust.
Time you started to enjoy your life more, it's shorter than you think!

What riches did Scholes have at Oldham? The players had to drive themselves to an away game due to there being no coach.

No Morecambe fan will say anything other than Jim Bentley is a true legend. We all have our memories and gratitude for everything he has done as a player, manager and ambassador.
BerlinWaller

Postby Slanester » Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:36 am

Redalert1970 wrote:Well said Moose

Your always going to get free loaders. clingons. arse lickers what ever you wanna call them at every club

Whatever your thoughts about our current manager, that statement is out of order, and a “car crash” waiting to happen.
Slanester

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:27 am

According to journalist Alan Nixon everyone is waiting to see if Jim takes the Fylde job.
Gone_Shrimping

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:27 am

According to journalist Alan Nixon everyone is waiting to see if Jim takes the Fylde job.
Gone_Shrimping

Postby Keith » Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:31 am

Redalert1970 wrote:Your always going to get free loaders. clingons. arse lickers what ever you wanna call them at every club

Remind me, how often have you payed to watch Morecambe in the last decade? Or do you just base your opinions on BBC's text stats because you won't even support the club by subscribing to iFollow? Finger poised to be the first to text Radio Lancashire to say how crap we are without letting them know you were never at the game?

Perhaps you could volunteer at the club and become a "freeloader" too?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Keith » Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:37 am

Moose wrote:
'Oh he's done a great job of keeping us up...' no, there have just been shitter teams than us.

Yes you utter twonk! That's how relegation works! Every season, there have been at least two much bigger clubs, with much more money than us, who Jim has managed to be 'less shit than' despite having no financial backing. We've stayed up on merit, due to finding gems that other clubs have discarded. He's resurrected many careers. Once he's done so, he then loses those gems to other clubs. He dragged the club through the most traumatic period of time since the mid 1980's almost by force of personality itself. Listen to interviews by the players who all say that Jim is the reason they came to Morecambe in the first place.

If we could finish above a club like Notts County with their huge budget, imagine where we'd have finished if we were on level terms?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Screenster » Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:45 am

Keith wrote:
If we could finish above a club like Notts County with their huge budget, imagine where we'd have finished if we were on level terms?

I'm sick of this argument. Budget is not the be all and end all of where a side should finish in the league.

It's fair to say that up until this season at least, Bentley has done an admirable job but there's no defending him anymore. He simply needs to go before it gets embarrassing.
Screenster

Postby Moose » Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:14 am

You missed the part where I stated I would like to turn up and watch a decent, entertaining game of football Keith. Don't mind losing if it looks like we tried to have a go. I'm no individual twonk, just one of many 'twonks'.
Moose

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:16 am

Screenster wrote:
Keith wrote:

I'm sick of this argument. Budget is not the be all and end all of where a side should finish in the league.

It's fair to say that up until this season at least, Bentley has done an admirable job but there's no defending him anymore. He simply needs to go before it gets embarrassing.

Agreed , Macclesfield won the Conference 2 years ago with no player earning more that £400/£500 per week. Identify the right hungry players and just like Accrington you can have success.
Gone_Shrimping

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:20 am

OLDHAMADE wrote:What a Captain, what a Manager, what a Man.
A true hero and no amount of thanks will ever cover what you've done for this club and town.

Agreed. If Jim does move on it would be great if funds could be raised by whatever means possible to have a statue on the forecourt of the stadium. Statues are usually done after somebody has passed away but there are exceptions like Jimmy Armfield (before he died) and Dickie Bird in Barnsley. This guy deserves no less after 17 years services as player , captain and manager.
Gone_Shrimping

Postby HALMA 1983 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:30 am

Gone_Shrimping wrote:
Screenster wrote:
Keith wrote:

Agreed , Macclesfield won the Conference 2 years ago with no player earning more that £400/£500 per week. Identify the right hungry players and just like Accrington you can have success.

If only it was that easy, Morecambe as a town isn't best placed geographically and even if Jim were to have a bigger budget, do you still think those 'hungry' players would fancy long drives to get here?
As mentioned, alot have come here because of the manager, let's hope the next man is as well thought of in the game or it's curtains.
HALMA 1983

Postby HALMA 1983 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:35 am

Gone_Shrimping wrote:

Agreed. If Jim does move on it would be great if funds could be raised by whatever means possible to have a statue on the forecourt of the stadium. Statues are usually done after somebody has passed away but there are exceptions like Jimmy Armfield (before he died) and Dickie Bird in Barnsley. This guy deserves no less after 17 years services as player , captain and manager.

I was going to say this myself but I'd used up my full allocation of arse licking :?

Wonderful idea and tell me when you want to get this project off the ground.
HALMA 1983

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:38 am

OLDHAMADE wrote:
Gone_Shrimping wrote:

I was going to say this myself but I'd used up my full allocation of arse licking :?

Wonderful idea and tell me when you want to get this project off the ground.

Next time there is a Trust open meeting or at a Fans Forum would be a great time to see what the fans and club think of this. Go to Leeds see Bremner , Go to Bolton see Mortenson , Go to Preston and see Finney. Morecambe and Bentley just as inseparable.
Gone_Shrimping

Postby redrobo » Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:39 am

Gone_Shrimping wrote:

At the very least a stand should be named after him in thanks for 17 years of outstanding service, but it's time for Jim and ourselves to open a new chapter as much as it hurts all parties. JB deserves our respect and thanks. I often don't agree with his tactics but that's football but everything he has done has been in the best interest of the club that has and will always be his first love...with Everton a close second. :D
redrobo

Postby black morse » Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:58 am

redrobo wrote:
Gone_Shrimping wrote:

At the very least a stand should be named after him in thanks for 17 years of outstanding service, but it's time for Jim and ourselves to open a new chapter as much as it hurts all parties. JB deserves our respect and thanks. I often don't agree with his tactics but that's football but everything he has done has been in the best interest of the club that has and will always be his first love...with Everton a close second. :D

Perhaps he'll be happy too loan us some of Fylde's players then ;)
black morse

Next

Return to General Discussion