Ken Mckenna’s role

Ken Mckenna’s role

Postby MFC-Manc » Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:15 pm

What do people think of Ken’s role? Is he a good assistant manager.... he seems to shout a lot to me at the 4th official....
is this a role that could be strengthened?

Just looking for opinions
I'm getting by just the best I can, While you're directing traffic
MFC-Manc

Re: Ken Mckenna’s role

Postby BerlinWaller » Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:31 pm

I am not what Ken's roll is. I personally feel that Jim as Manager should be sat in the gods relaying messages to Ken on the touchline not the other way round. Then you have a Head of Coaching in John Mcmahon and a fitness coach.
BerlinWaller

Postby Andy D » Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:26 pm

MFC-Manc wrote:What do people think of Ken’s role? Is he a good assistant manager.... he seems to shout a lot to me at the 4th official....

With being in C-Prem, been watching Ken closely, as I do with all Away management teams trying to play the 4th Official, there needs to be a balance and to be fair Ken isnt that bad where as some Managment teams can go to far to the extent they just piss the 4th official off and then get no change whatsoever.
Andy D

Postby redrobo » Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:55 pm

Never been convincedthat barracking the officials is productive. Ken can at times take it just too far for me. However I doubt he will change.
redrobo

Postby Andy D » Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:47 pm

I'm now convinced you've to put pressure on officials, quite often when they've made a bad decision(only human) they often look to balance things out by giving the opposition player a booking or penalty if you don't ask you don't get.

I also wish we as fans at home would be more intimidating making Officials afraid to make untoward decisions against us, like they do.
Andy D

Return to General Discussion