Neil Danns O/T

Neil Danns O/T

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:34 pm

Neil Danns , just arrived back in UK and looking for a club.

Was a Bury legend and although 36 may be just the midfielder we are missing. He is from Liverpool so car school can be arranged !
Gone_Shrimping

Re: Neil Danns O/T

Postby redrobo » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:41 pm

Always liked Neil since his early days at Blackburn. Would be a more than welcome addition to our squad and go some way to replace Fleming who to date we haven't managed. :cry:

However I somehow doubt JB will be interested preferring to continue with Kevin who is no longer the player he once was and there can be no sentiment in football. Sorry to say it but we need to replace Kevin and Fleming and for me ND would be a perfect fit......but we are told we have no money and yet JB has made public we went after someone last week before the window closed. :o :?:
redrobo

Postby MRScaleHall » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:14 pm

Can’t we not still get free agents tho
MRScaleHall

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:16 pm

MRScaleHall wrote:Can’t we not still get free agents tho

Yes , Danns is a free agent having been at Bury.
Gone_Shrimping

Postby MRScaleHall » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:41 am

Why not then aye?
MRScaleHall

Postby glagys » Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:07 am

Also just read an article where Stephan Ireland at 33 still has something to offer the higher leagues but cannot get any offers, and would play for nothing to keep fit and get noticed ???
Worth a punt ??
glagys

Postby BerlinWaller » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:25 pm

I've been told that there isn't anything left in the playing budget. Jim had asked for a midfielder but was told no.
BerlinWaller

Postby Keith » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:34 pm

glagys wrote:Also just read an article where Stephan Ireland at 33 still has something to offer the higher leagues but cannot get any offers, and would play for nothing to keep fit and get noticed ???
Worth a punt ??

That would be an interesting move. Playing for free to get noticed would bring some publicity too and depending upon attitude, could bring additional experience too.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Seasider9601 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:28 am

Nothing to do with Ireland's availability, but an interesting read:

"In September 2007, Ireland was at the centre of controversy when, in the immediate aftermath of a Republic of Ireland international match and days before their crunch match against the Czech Republic, coach Steve Staunton informed him of a telephone call just received from his girlfriend reporting the death of his maternal grandmother. Staunton quickly consented to Ireland's compassionate leave on these grounds, a private jet was chartered for his return.

However the media quickly discovered that Ireland's grandmother was not dead, at which point Ireland announced it was his paternal grandmother who died but yet again, reporters discovered that Ireland's paternal grandmother was also still alive, and her relatives had threatened to sue one newspaper that reported her death. Ireland changed his story again, saying one of his grandfathers had divorced, and it was his second wife who had died. That was also quickly discovered to be untrue.

Ireland eventually came out with the truth, admitting he had invented a reason to leave the Irish team in order to visit his girlfriend in Cork, who, he claimed, had a miscarriage. "I decided at that stage that I must tell the truth and admit I had told lies," Ireland said. "I realise now it was a massive mistake to say my grandmothers had died and I deeply regret it."
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby Keith » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:35 am

Seasider9601 wrote:Nothing to do with Ireland's availability, but an interesting read:

"
Ireland eventually came out with the truth, admitting he had invented a reason to leave the Irish team in order to visit his girlfriend in Cork, who, he claimed, had a miscarriage.
"

Had his girlfriend had a miscarriage? Was this all concocted because of religious negative views towards unmarried pregnant women in Ireland and he was trying to protect her privacy, or was this a case of being forced down a rabbit hole of deception? A 'non-story', invasion of privacy or a strange mind?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:36 am

Danns has signed at Tranmere Rovers until the end of this season.
Gone_Shrimping

Return to General Discussion