Good point / Bad point

Good point / Bad point

Postby Redalert1970 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:33 pm

Looking at today`s game was this a good point or bad point ???

Poor referring

Scored two goals

Conceded another two goals

More shots on target than previous home games

Conceded twenty five attempts

Allesandra looks like he might get quite a few goals

WHAT ARE OTHER FANS THOUGHTS
Redalert1970

Re: Good point / Bad point

Postby fulwoodshrimp » Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:47 pm

I thought it was a spirited performance by the Shrimps with some neat football in between some mediocrity. Another awful performance by the referee who seemed very biased in his decision making. The first Salford penalty seemed very harsh and he had a perfect view of the incident at a Morecambe corner when was it Allesandra was wrestled but waved play on. Too many match officials including today's, favour the " big team" and ignore the shrimps appeals. Whilst we continue to produce such poor officials the beautiful game suffers.
fulwoodshrimp

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:50 pm

It was a good point when you see the opposition miss 2 penalties.

We needed a 3rd before they got a 2nd and it didn't happen.
Gone_Shrimping

Postby tim-sanchez » Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:35 pm

fulwoodshrimp wrote:I thought it was a spirited performance by the Shrimps with some neat football in between some mediocrity. Another awful performance by the referee who seemed very biased in his decision making. The first Salford penalty seemed very harsh and he had a perfect view of the incident at a Morecambe corner when was it Allesandra was wrestled but waved play on. Too many match officials including today's, favour the " big team" and ignore the shrimps appeals. Whilst we continue to produce such poor officials the beautiful game suffers.

I watched on iFollow and have to say I disagree. The first penalty was blatant, no idea what Sutton was thinking flailing his arm at the ball. He bumped into Lavelle on the way through, but inexcusable for a defender to have your arm in the air like that in the box.

The second penalty was more debatable, the Salford player was definitely looking for it, but Buxton barged right into the back of him. It's going to be given most times.

I do think the ref was inconsistent, particularly with the Alessandra opportunity where he was brought down whilst running towards goal, but the two penalties were the right call in my eyes.
tim-sanchez

Postby Keith » Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:00 pm

The key good points...

We scored another really high quality goal, following about twenty passes, all on the deck and a great final pass for the goal, which was perfectly placed. Miller's confidence will have soared.

Last season, lots of fans were saying that they wouldn't mind if we lose, as long as we're entertained. Well today was an excellent draw against moneybags Skyford City and lots of entertainment. Now next week, we need to really go at Scunthorpe and expect a win against a team that have only picked up one point so far.

Same two up front please!
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Westgate Wanderer » Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:17 pm

2 points quite literally dropped! After that howler Halstead deserves a starting place! Need a left back asap too. Funny how after being outclassed in the first half we come out play some football on the deck, score two quality goals and get in front. Then hey we've got a point keep it tight lads. Fortunate to get a point today. But i imagine everyone will remember the penalty save rather than the drop!
Don't worry be happy!
Westgate Wanderer

Postby Andy D » Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:24 pm

Westgate Wanderer wrote:2 points quite literally dropped! After that howler Halstead deserves a starting place! Need a left back asap too. Funny how after being outclassed in the first half we come out play some football on the deck, score two quality goals and get in front. Then hey we've got a point keep it tight lads. Fortunate to get a point today. But i imagine everyone will remember the penalty save rather than the drop!
No please in some people ;)

I was entertained today, the Lads should take confidence from today's performance.
Andy D

Postby Caton83 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:42 pm

Mark saw JB Friday and was informed he that he is the backup keeper, regardless of being ppoy. Think he knows his place now.
Caton83

Postby Westgate Wanderer » Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:45 pm

Andy D wrote:
Westgate Wanderer wrote:2 points quite literally dropped! After that howler Halstead deserves a starting place! Need a left back asap too. Funny how after being outclassed in the first half we come out play some football on the deck, score two quality goals and get in front. Then hey we've got a point keep it tight lads. Fortunate to get a point today. But i imagine everyone will remember the penalty save rather than the drop!
No please in some people ;)

I was entertained today, the Lads should take confidence from today's performance.
Lets be entertained all the way back to the conference eh?
Don't worry be happy!
Westgate Wanderer

Postby BerlinWaller » Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:18 pm

Caton83 wrote:Mark saw JB Friday and was informed he that he is the backup keeper, regardless of being ppoy. Think he knows his place now.

Is having a quality and sought after goalie signed on a 2 year deal on what i assume will be decent wages as a number 2, good squad management? Surely Mark takes up a chunk of the budget and has been told he is a bench warmer. Wouldn't the money be better spent elsewhere?
BerlinWaller

Postby al1 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:04 pm

Lucky point today when you consider 2 missed penalties and a howler of a goal conceded! We played well for 10 mins while keeping the ball on the floor,rest of the game was the usual hoofing. Still no home wins this season,Kieth said Salford are a top team,wrong as they are in the bottom half! Illness seems to be the trending excuse from jb this season,surely if a player is ill why is he playing when you have good fit players available? Halstead can not hope to get a game as Barry is his mate and jb has to look after his mates,if Kenyon had been fit he would have been in the side and Kev has to get his appearance money when players half his age are left on the bench,all in all shocking man management from a manager who must not get a new contract!
al1

Postby Redalert1970 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:56 pm

What a shocking post al1...Jim sees the squad every day and knows who is fit or not

Leave the poor guy alone he's trying his best and as for baz he didn't throw the bloody ball in the net on purpose

Baz will be more distraught than anyone tonight I can assure you of that but hes still a top top keeper and would get in most league 2 line ups
Redalert1970

Postby Slanester » Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:10 pm

Redalert1970 wrote:What a shocking post al1...Jim sees the squad every day and knows who is fit or not

Leave the poor guy alone he's trying his best and as for baz he didn't throw the bloody ball in the net on purpose

Baz will be more distraught than anyone tonight I can assure you of that but hes still a top top keeper and would get in most league 2 line ups

Don’t waste your time R1970. Like banging your head against a brick wall.
Slanester

Postby Westgate Wanderer » Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:33 am

Slanester wrote:
Redalert1970 wrote:What a shocking post al1...Jim sees the squad every day and knows who is fit or not

Don’t waste your time R1970. Like banging your head against a brick wall.
Absolutely its against the law to post any critisism!
Don't worry be happy!
Westgate Wanderer

Postby Slanester » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:05 am

Westgate Wanderer wrote:Absolutely its against the law to post any critisism!

If you post an opinion, which Is “criticism,” that’s your right. If others disagree, then the post receives “criticism,” then that’s theirs.
Slanester

Postby black morse » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:35 am

Slanester wrote:

If you post an opinion, which Is “criticism,” that’s your right. If others disagree, then the post receives “criticism,” then that’s theirs.

But you've now criticised the criticism which criticised your criticism.....I think! :lol:
black morse

Postby Slanester » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:54 am

black morse wrote:
Slanester wrote:

But you've now criticised the criticism which criticised your criticism.....I think! :lol:

:D :D

In all that “criticism,” didn’t answer the question. Based on 2 penaltys conceded and missed, we should have lost the game. Overall though, the result, money no object F.C. 2 - MFC 2, is a fair outcome over the 90+mins. An excellent, point earned.
Slanester

Postby Keith » Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:09 pm

Amazing how last couple of seasons, the Bentley can do nothing right brigade were saying they'd rather we lost in an entertaining manner than anything that was being served up back then. Now they are moaning about yesterday's game, getting a point and for me at least, a very entertaining game.

al1 wrote:Kieth said Salford are a top team,wrong as they are in the bottom half!

You think they will be bottom half by the end of the season? Where do you think they will finish?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

Keith
Site Admin

Postby al1 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:00 pm

Not bothered where Salford finish but very worried where we will finish!
al1

Postby al1 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:01 pm

Redalert were you at the game?
al1

Postby Niborian_Shrimp » Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:03 pm

Just to throw in the controversial spectre that is expected goals.
With that sort of match I consider it very much a point gained.
Niborian_Shrimp

Postby BerlinWaller » Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:09 pm

Niborian_Shrimp wrote:Image

Pretty much sums up my thoughts on the game. Lucky to still be in it at half time and 5 good second half minutes. It is ok putting these stats up but it doesn't take in to account how many pies we sold and how many times we hit the wood work. :D
BerlinWaller

Postby Slanester » Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:29 pm

BerlinWaller wrote:
Niborian_Shrimp wrote:Image

Pretty much sums up my thoughts on the game. Lucky to still be in it at half time and 5 good second half minutes. It is ok putting these stats up but it doesn't take in to account how many pies we sold and how many times we hit the wood work. :D

The other thing it shows, and most importantly, is that for, all the squiggly line bull sh!te, it resulted in 2 goals each, and a point each. :D
Slanester

Postby BerlinWaller » Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:34 pm

I know the Church of Jim is reluctant to accept things that dispel the myths of his work and teachings but that graph and the stats I put up the other day really do sum up where we are at.
BerlinWaller

Postby Keith » Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:53 pm

BerlinWaller wrote:I know the Church of Jim is reluctant to accept things that dispel the myths of his work and teachings but that graph and the stats I put up the other day really do sum up where we are at.

So you weren't entertained? Isn't that what the anti-Jim brigade were calling for?
Salford City, average salary £4k+ per week.

Keith
Site Admin

Next

Return to General Discussion