Carlos Mendes Gomez?

Carlos Mendes Gomez?

Postby lancaster shrimp » Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:25 am

Has he fallen out with JB? What's going on with him? Expected to see him on the bench this season, seen he played he in the senior cup other day? Will JB ever give him a chance?
lancaster shrimp

Re: Carlos Mendes Gomez?

Postby BerlinWaller » Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:31 am

Too exciting and unpredictable for Jim. Would love to see him in the line up along side Lewis. 2 technical players who could create lots of chances. The same as Oates, looked quality at times last year but a bench warmer this year. Anyone remember Jordan Cranston, what happened to him? Much rather see these players than the likes of Tutte who is blowing out of his arse after 5 minutes.
BerlinWaller

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:37 am

BerlinWaller wrote:Too exciting and unpredictable for Jim. Would love to see him in the line up along side Lewis. 2 technical players who could create lots of chances. The same as Oates, looked quality at times last year but a bench warmer this year. Anyone remember Jordan Cranston, what happened to him? Much rather see these players than the likes of Tutte who is blowing out of his arse after 5 minutes.

I think Jim prefers Kenyon who tends to pass to a bloke on the Berlin Wall :lol: :lol: :lol:
Gone_Shrimping

Postby BerlinWaller » Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:42 am

I doubt Alex could pick out the Berlin Wall nevermind someone stood on it!
BerlinWaller

Postby Slanester » Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:47 am

Morecambe’s very own Paulo Wanchope. :D The opposition, the supporters, and Carlos himself, never actually quite know what he is going to do next. Sometimes,not a bad thing. :shock:
Last edited by Slanester on Sun Sep 01, 2019 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Slanester

Postby fulwoodshrimp » Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:53 am

While we continue to play the more experienced players who are past their best and continue to ignore younger players we are going to struggle. The turnaround last season didn't happen because of the more seasoned pros but by the signing of young Aaron Collins. We continue to ignore younger more dynamic players at our peril and lose many of them because they are not getting a chance at our club!
fulwoodshrimp

Postby BerlinWaller » Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:57 am

The seasoned pros are underperforming so why not chuck a couple of the younger lads in? If Jim doesn't take positive action soon, this season will just continue to be Groundhog day for ever dwindling home support.
BerlinWaller

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:01 pm

Joe Lynch looks like he deserves a go.

Let's hope Jim puts out a decent team at Bloomfield Road with some of the youngsters in and they show what they can do.
Gone_Shrimping

Postby glagys » Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:42 pm

Don't think Jim would know talent if it bit him on the a#$€,
Leif Davis never got near the bench with us, now in the first team squad at Leeds,
Sam Dalby,on loan from Leeds couldn't get a lot of action here now playing at Watford's
U23s
Seems to me that Jim has his favs regardless of skill, as kenyon proves why would you give him a contract,let's face it he didn't have clubs beating a path to his door :D
glagys

Postby Ego Tripping » Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:54 pm

I think it was said that he’s been ill so not fit at start of season. I do think this is an area where the club really lets itself down. They really do need to keep fans up to date on team info. People want to know and will speculate otherwise
Ego Tripping

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Sun Sep 01, 2019 2:47 pm

Ego Tripping wrote:I think it was said that he’s been ill so not fit at start of season. I do think this is an area where the club really lets itself down. They really do need to keep fans up to date on team info. People want to know and will speculate otherwise

Agreed , in the Summer they were doing very informative recordings of the treatment room showing how players were being rehabilitated and recovering from injuries.

And now just a deadly silence which encourages speculation and gossip
Gone_Shrimping

Postby black morse » Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:50 pm

Gone_Shrimping wrote:
Ego Tripping wrote:I think it was said that he’s been ill so not fit at start of season. I do think this is an area where the club really lets itself down. They really do need to keep fans up to date on team info. People want to know and will speculate otherwise

Agreed , in the Summer they were doing very informative recordings of the treatment room showing how players were being rehabilitated and recovering from injuries.

And now just a deadly silence which encourages speculation and gossip

But does it also give information to opposition as to which players they will be facing or not ?
black morse

Postby Ego Tripping » Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:57 pm

Not if you do it properly. It’s quite usual before big games to have a couple of players who are ‘doubtful’ so you can keep the other team guessing. In today’s world where information is instant and people demand it we have to feed supporters thirst for info on their team!
Ego Tripping

Postby parceldave » Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:16 pm

Ego Tripping wrote:Not if you do it properly. It’s quite usual before big games to have a couple of players who are ‘doubtful’ so you can keep the other team guessing. In today’s world where information is instant and people demand it we have to feed supporters thirst for info on their team!

I think most of our players are doubtful as we never play the same team twice :o
parceldave

Postby BerlinWaller » Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:32 pm

Wasn't Zack Mills' hernia mentioned on one of last years video and the club weren't happy about it?
BerlinWaller

Postby Andy D » Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:49 pm

glagys wrote:Don't think Jim would know talent if it bit him on the a#$€,
Leif Davis never got near the bench with us, now in the first team squad at Leeds,
I was at the last Q&A night.

And the question was asked to Lavelle, Oats, Fleming. about this move and they all said that they were all surprised when Leeds signed him.
Andy D

Postby Posh » Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:12 pm

Andy D wrote:

And the question was asked to Lavelle, Oats, Fleming. about this move and they all said that they were all surprised when Leeds signed him.

My recollection was that they were talking about Sam Dalby signing for Watford and not Leif Davis.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby Andy D » Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:26 pm

Posh wrote:
Andy D wrote:

My recollection was that they were talking about Sam Dalby signing for Watford and not Leif Davis.
i could be mistaken, but thought Sam Dalby was unattached for a while, then Watford signed him?

And I would say Davis made a bigger move to the Leeds Utd first team where as Sam is only in Watfords under 23s.
Andy D

Postby Posh » Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:20 pm

Andy D wrote:i could be mistaken, but thought Sam Dalby was unattached for a while, then Watford signed him?

And I would say Davis made a bigger move to the Leeds Utd first team where as Sam is only in Watfords under 23s.

That’s true but Davis didn’t train with the first team squad. The surprise was Dalby having been brought in, not making an impression, didn’t get a game and then getting a move to Watford.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby black morse » Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:20 am

I suspect that some of these young loanees have the wrong attitude and I should think that is something Jim wouldn't tolerate.
black morse

Postby BerlinWaller » Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:17 am

You would think that would be one of the first questions you ask when borrowing a player.
BerlinWaller

Postby Little Shrimp » Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:03 am

Davis has, to some extent, been the benefactor of circumstance at Leeds. Barry Douglas and Ezgjan Alioski - Leeds' two first choice left backs - both ended up injured last season and Stuart Dallas (who would probably be third) was also injured for a lot of the first half of the season. This meant Davis got his chance at left back last season.

I've been told that Marcelo Bielsa quite likes him, and that he is trying to develop him as a centre back. Apparently he's been willing to be versatile with his position which is a big plus for Bielsa.

Disappointed about the current situation with Lamin Jagne and Carlos Mendes Gomes, I really think Jagne might have something to offer in our midfield. In regards to Davis though, it's quite common now for larger clubs to pinch academy prospects from sides like ourselves before they've had a chance to appear in the first team and increase their value/advertise to other clubs etc. Can't really blame Bentley for that imo.
Little Shrimp

Postby KenH » Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:03 am

black morse wrote:I suspect that some of these young loanees have the wrong attitude and I should think that is something Jim wouldn't tolerate.

Perhaps he should place more emphasis on ability than attitude though? It's clear that Jim prefers players who do what he tells them to, but sometimes, you do need the Maverick who'll take chances and shake things up a bit.
KenH

Postby redrobo » Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:29 am

KenH wrote:
black morse wrote:I suspect that some of these young loanees have the wrong attitude and I should think that is something Jim wouldn't tolerate.

Perhaps he should place more emphasis on ability than attitude though? It's clear that Jim prefers players who do what he tells them to, but sometimes, you do need the Maverick who'll take chances and shake things up a bit.

Does a leopard change its spots...... :?:

As long as the 'old' brigade are there for selection then I doubt anything will change.

Man Utd many decades ago made major changes and brought in a number of untried youth team players.....and look what happened, they took their chance and the rest is history.
redrobo

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:22 pm

redrobo wrote:
Man Utd many decades ago made major changes and brought in a number of untried youth team players.....and look what happened, they took their chance and the rest is history.

... and strangely enough, some of them might end up in Morecambe next week
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Next

Return to General Discussion