Player Update

Player Update

Postby glagys » Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:51 pm

I see AJ has made the bench, good news,
No Tanner
I assume he's being rested as he played nearly 2 games in the week and not sure of his fitness levels
Any news on kenyons injury?
No wildig again??
tia
glagys

Re: Player Update

Postby Slanester » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:26 pm

Reported on iFollow, that Kenyon could be 4-6 wks.
Slanester

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:24 am

According to a tweet Morecambe are to sign Will Patching a 20 year old midfielder who has just left Notts County.
Gone_Shrimping

Postby black morse » Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:46 am

Gone_Shrimping wrote:According to a tweet Morecambe are to sign Will Patching a 20 year old midfielder who has just left Notts County.

Might not be bad, if true. Youth playmaker with Man City before joining County :)
black morse

Postby Bare bum » Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:19 am

Yes, but will patching up the midfield be enough?

:?
A lilo, almost as nice as a puppy
Bare bum

Postby Alan » Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:29 am

Bare bum wrote:Yes, but will patching up the midfield be enough?

:?

Sound effect of groan..... but 9/10 for effort. :lol:
Alan

Postby redrobo » Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:48 pm

Like I assume the vast majority I'd prefer Jamie to return on a season long loan but I suspect his wages may be beyond our means at the moment.

:cry:
redrobo

Postby RapidShrimp » Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:21 pm

redrobo wrote:Like I assume the vast majority I'd prefer Jamie to return on a season long loan but I suspect his wages may be beyond our means at the moment.

:cry:

I think we’ve just got to forget about the idea of bringing Jamie back. By all accounts, we seem to have all but exhausted our wage budget (obviously just enough to bring this midfielder in if is true ;) ) and Blackpool would almost certainly want us to pay the vast majority, if not 100% of his wages, which just isn’t posible. :(

Also, why would he drop down to our level, when he cemented himself as undoubtedly one of the best attacking-mids in the league, and then even got his move up a division.

But we can hope!! :? :cry:
RapidShrimp

Postby Shrimp Girl » Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:48 pm

Jamie Devitt has gone to Bradford on loan for the season, it has just appeared on BBC Lancs news.
Shrimp Girl

Postby redrobo » Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:47 pm

Shrimp Girl wrote:Jamie Devitt has gone to Bradford on loan for the season, it has just appeared on BBC Lancs news.

:cry: Oh well we'll have to see what JB can do before 2 September when window closes.

I accept that we had little chance of taking him when the likes of Bratford came a calling. Just goes to show the financial power of the number of season tickets they regularly sell....
redrobo

Postby Phoenix Shrimp 2017 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:40 pm

Shrimp Girl wrote:Jamie Devitt has gone to Bradford on loan for the season, it has just appeared on BBC Lancs news.

Unfortunately we could never afford him to come back :cry: Quality player who is out of our price range.
Phoenix Shrimp 2017

Postby redrobo » Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:34 am

What really pisses me off is that Jamie could still have been one of ours had it not been for the stupidity of a certain Dixon at the time. That guy has a lot to answer for not only with regards to Jamie but in the way he really alienated some local business people.

Thankfully some of those he alienated are back in the family but untold damage may have been done at the time.

:evil: :evil: :evil:
redrobo

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:53 pm

redrobo wrote:What really pisses me off is that Jamie could still have been one of ours had it not been for the stupidity of a certain Dixon at the time. That guy has a lot to answer for not only with regards to Jamie but in the way he really alienated some local business people.

Thankfully some of those he alienated are back in the family but untold damage may have been done at the time.

:evil: :evil: :evil:

Devitt falls into the same category as other star players who have moved upwards from the Globe such as Thompson , Baker , Duffy. Their wages will only be within our pay structure when they are about 37 or 38 and then they are not the same player that they were as we found out with Thommo.
Gone_Shrimping

Postby redrobo » Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:11 am

Will Patching is training with Port Vale with a view to signing for them.

Just hope that efforts to replace Fleming will prove successful but with little money available so we are kept reminding it may not be possible....but we can all live in hope... :)

Our midfield is almost non existing so we need to sign someone currently without a club or bring someone in on loan or even look at Jagne and Carlos.

:?: :?: :?:
redrobo

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:32 am

What has happened to Mendes-Gomes ? He doesn't seem to be anywhere near the first team and he should be with us losing Fleming and with Tutte being injury prone and unfit.
Gone_Shrimping

Postby redrobo » Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:29 pm

Gone_Shrimping wrote:What has happened to Mendes-Gomes ? He doesn't seem to be anywhere near the first team and he should be with us losing Fleming and with Tutte being injury prone and unfit.

JB prefers to stay loyal to his aged squad member(s) rather than give youth an extended run out despite the aged squad players contribution being significantly less than it was. Age finally catches up with us all..... :cry:
redrobo

Postby Keith » Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:03 pm

redrobo wrote:JB prefers to stay loyal to his aged squad member(s) rather than give youth an extended run out despite the aged squad players contribution being significantly less than it was. Age finally catches up with us all..... :cry:

You'd rather play young players who have been ill?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby redrobo » Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:22 pm

Keith wrote:
redrobo wrote:JB prefers to stay loyal to his aged squad member(s) rather than give youth an extended run out despite the aged squad players contribution being significantly less than it was. Age finally catches up with us all..... :cry:

You'd rather play young players who have been ill?

Don't be silly...... :roll: :lol: ;)
redrobo

Return to General Discussion