Budget Stays the Same

Re: Budget Stays the Same

Postby redrobo » Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:18 pm

I seem to recall that a former Director was interested in buying the club long before we had the influx of foreign individuals but PMG didn't want to sell to the individual and that an opportunity to put the club in the hands of a fan was missed.

Hopefully the person concerned along with a group of interested fans can purchase our and his club at long last.

Here's hoping.... :) :) :)
redrobo

Postby mrpotatohead » Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:50 am

Whatever their motives ,we would probably be non league or non existent if they hadn't come along , I am sure the present co chairmen would welcome input from any local businessmen/fans who would like to buy into the club, if Neil's "fantasy consortium" existed I am sure they would have made a move when the club was being hawked around for peanuts.
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby black morse » Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:44 am

mrpotatohead wrote:Whatever their motives ,we would probably be non league or non existent if they hadn't come along , I am sure the present co chairmen would welcome input from any local businessmen/fans who would like to buy into the club, if Neil's "fantasy consortium" existed I am sure they would have made a move when the club was being hawked around for peanuts.

Don't spoil his dream ;)
black morse

Postby BerlinWaller » Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:03 am

black morse wrote:
mrpotatohead wrote:Whatever their motives ,we would probably be non league or non existent if they hadn't come along , I am sure the present co chairmen would welcome input from any local businessmen/fans who would like to buy into the club, if Neil's "fantasy consortium" existed I am sure they would have made a move when the club was being hawked around for peanuts.

Don't spoil his dream ;)

Imagine if his dream team took over and they signed a young Andy Grimshaw!
BerlinWaller

Postby Phoenix Shrimp 2017 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:05 am

BerlinWaller wrote:
black morse wrote:

Don't spoil his dream ;)

Imagine if his dream team took over and they signed a young Andy Grimshaw!

All well and good but we need a 'Yard Dog'! A young Andy Grimshaw might be more of a Puppy Dog.

UTS.
Phoenix Shrimp 2017

Postby Keith » Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:52 am

mrpotatohead wrote:...if Neil's "fantasy consortium" existed I am sure they would have made a move when the club was being hawked around for peanuts.

Unless there were other, more personal reasons for not doing so previously? They may have included the mess referred to by the current owners regarding sorting things out such as who actually owned shares in the first place? Anyone with some inside knowledge at that time may have decided it wasn't a safe investment, in that they may have paid the wrong person? Now, it may be safer to return? I'd certainly be delighted if a local consortium of business men (or women) came along who have the club in their heart.

I also think that the town of Morecambe is on the up generally, which can only make owning the club more attractive as time goes on.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby BerlinWaller » Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:23 pm

Simon Sadler has made a huge difference at Blackpool not just because he has replaced the Oystons but also because he is a Blackpool fan. I suppose that is the ideal scenario but are there any local business folk with pockets deep enough to push us up the league, finish the Stadium and buy back the 3G pitches? It has been said that the easiest way to lose £10mil is to buy a footy club and you would think that is the kind of figure needed to push us on and absorb all the losses.
BerlinWaller

Postby BerlinWaller » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:04 am

2 loans have been settled by the club.
Attachments
IMG_20190814_110135.jpg
IMG_20190814_110135.jpg (185.86 KiB) Viewed 802 times
IMG_20190814_110139.jpg
IMG_20190814_110139.jpg (161.95 KiB) Viewed 802 times
BerlinWaller

Postby Posh » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:47 pm

BerlinWaller wrote:2 loans have been settled by the club.

Both for Graham Hodgson.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby marky No.1 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:57 pm

Says Graham Howse on the statement
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:10 pm

marky No.1 wrote:Says Graham Howse on the statement

Yes the Companies House site says one for Graham Hodgson and one for Graham Howse were satisfied.

I was hoping the Mayfair Finance charge was going to be one of them.
Gone_Shrimping

Postby Ntini » Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:31 pm

The name on the form is the club official who has submitted the document...
HOWAY THE SHRIMPS!!!!!

On topic(ish) and proud!
Ntini

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:43 pm

Ntini wrote:The name on the form is the club official who has submitted the document...

Just re-checked.

One was "Bay Business Consultancy"

The other was Graham Hodgson.

There are just 3 charges still outstanding :

Barclays Bank

Mayfair Finance

Peter Cross.
Gone_Shrimping

Previous

Return to General Discussion