marky No.1

Re: Free Season Tickets For Kids

Postby Slanester » Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:18 am

Brilliant. Fans of the future.
Slanester

Postby Seasider9601 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:47 am

Superb indeed.

Reminds me of the days when Heysham Port and (I think) McDonalds sponsored this scheme in the mid 90's.
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby cragbankshrimp » Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:12 pm

I'm living proof that this system works. I used to follow Blackpool home and away until the kids came along when I no longer had the time or the funds to carry on. In 1999 my eldest daughter was given a season ticket at Morecambe when she left primary school. I started to take her to games and they became more frequent. I also had another daughter who started to come along. All three of us ended up buying season tickets and I think I've missed three home games in the last twelve years. Both daughters still go, but have to work round their jobs.
It's also not just attending the games that brings in revenue. Our neighbour does a lot for charity and came knocking asking if we had any old Morecambe tops as she was collecting shirts to send to Africa. I handed over 28 Morecambe shirts.
Well done to all who have resurrected the scheme.
"Accrington Stanley" Who are they??????????????
cragbankshrimp

Postby Keith » Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:13 pm

Seasider9601 wrote:Superb indeed.

Reminds me of the days when Heysham Port and (I think) McDonalds sponsored this scheme in the mid 90's.

It would be interesting to know how many (if any) of our current fans started out with a free season ticket when at school?

[Edit] Cragbankshrimp posted as I was writing! Any more?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Doonhamer » Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:22 pm

I read your comments with interest. Great scheme etc etc. No one has mentioned or have thanked the sponsors of the scheme the uniform and leisurewear co ltd so I will and hope that people support them as they are the ones putting up the cash.
Once again the contributors on here giving credit to MFC for something they have not done and once again another money making scheme that has not cost the owners a penny. The owners must be rubbing their hands together with so many lining their pockets.

No budget
Free season tickets (well not to the sponsors )
Pleading for donations to buy equipment
Seems to be a pattern here. It’s Groundhog Day.

So I will say again thanks to uniform and leisurewear co ltd it’s a good thing you are doing for the kids be nice if the owners did something in addition
Doonhamer

Postby CityShrimp » Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:00 pm

Keith wrote:
Seasider9601 wrote:Superb indeed.

It would be interesting to know how many (if any) of our current fans started out with a free season ticket when at school?

[Edit] Cragbankshrimp posted as I was writing! Any more?

Me.

I went to a few games here and there as a kid but my first season ticket was my free one from primary school, which got me attending regularly.

I’ve had 16 more since then.
CityShrimp

Postby P/T Indie » Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:43 am

Am I missing something it's free for primary school kids anyway. Wouldn't this be better for kids at the age when they have to start paying is it 13ish.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby Brian S » Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:15 am

You're right, for anyone under 11 - ** 1 free when purchased in conjunction with a paying adult/concession. Under 14s must be accompanied by a responsible adult

However, reading all the article and the club's own news item, it goes on to say "The Shrimps will also be offering one free ticket to individual matches when purchased with an adult ticket however by gaining the free season ticket this will also allow young supporters additional season ticket holder benefits such as discount in the club shop and pre-sale on cup games."

Excellent scheme and an improvement on what used to be a fantastic offer of free season tickets to primary school leavers.
Brian S

Postby RedRedWine » Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:07 pm

I'm also living proof that the free season tickets for school leavers works - I spent most of my high school years scrounging free tickets from school leavers.... in fact when it was just a card that you had to show, rather than a booklet that was filled in/stamped or the scanners we have now, me and a group of mates used to pass the same card through the railings at the back of the North Stand and we all got in on the same free ticket. I've been an adult season ticket holder for roughly 15 years with a small gap in the middle when I moved away from the area for study and work - so I've paid it back and then some.

I take P/T Indies point, but in reality although the free kids on an adult ticket works for existing fans wanting to take their kids, I don't think it necessarily get kids who's parents aren't already Shrimps fans engaged with the club or attending games - its a bit back to front from the perspective of attracting new fans; which is the point of such a promotion.

With the free season tickets for kids scheme, this gives them something tangible to recipients - their own individual season ticket, so they can to pester parents and relatives to take them to a game. There is a difference IMO.
Hello! Hello! We are the Morecambe boys!
RedRedWine

Postby jbc.shrimp » Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:22 pm

Brian S wrote:You're right, for anyone under 11 - ** 1 free when purchased in conjunction with a paying adult/concession. Under 14s must be accompanied by a responsible adult

However, reading all the article and the club's own news item, it goes on to say "The Shrimps will also be offering one free ticket to individual matches when purchased with an adult ticket however by gaining the free season ticket this will also allow young supporters additional season ticket holder benefits such as discount in the club shop and pre-sale on cup games."

Excellent scheme and an improvement on what used to be a fantastic offer of free season tickets to primary school leavers.

Not quite right, unless I have been robbed ( which I don't believe ). I hold a season ticket for D block and still had to pay for my grandson. The free tickets ( only with adults ) applies only to E block, home end, and the Catteral wall only.
jbc.shrimp

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:27 pm

RedRedWine wrote:me and a group of mates used to pass the same card through the railings at the back of the North Stand and we all got in on the same free ticket.

No wonder the Club is/was losing money :)

Good story, a pity many of the ones that got in for free won't come when they have to pay
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby RedRedWine » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:53 pm

marky No.1 wrote:
RedRedWine wrote:me and a group of mates used to pass the same card through the railings at the back of the North Stand and we all got in on the same free ticket.

Good story, a pity many of the ones that got in for free won't come when they have to pay

Do you mean in terms of adults getting in free? Yes - that is a shame.

But in terms of the kids promotion, the ground is barely 1/3 full most weeks so surely it’s worth doing the free kids season ticket even if only 1 out of 100 of those kids (or in my case, 1 in 6.... although one or two of the others still attend the odd game) on free season tickets are converted into an adult season ticket holder and supporter in the future? What’s the opportunity cost - £4 a game for each kid that attends on a free ticket that probably won't have done so otherwise (i.e. nothing lost) less the additionally ancillary purchases inside the ground? No brainer for me.
Hello! Hello! We are the Morecambe boys!
RedRedWine

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:38 pm

RedRedWine wrote:
marky No.1 wrote:

Do you mean in terms of adults getting in free? Yes - that is a shame.

Yes
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Return to General Discussion