Baz signs, what about Mark?

Baz signs, what about Mark?

Postby Keith » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:42 pm

Great news that Barry has signed, but I wonder what that means for Mark? Will we have two excellent keepers on our books?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Re: Baz signs, what about Mark?

Postby RedRampage » Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:53 pm

Personally would have liked Barry to have been released, I can imagine him being one of, if not the highest earner in the squad, and his shot stopping from distance is pretty poor. Mark Halstead should have been made number 1, and we could have maybe of brought someone young in as his under study.

Not slagging Baz, he's a legend and he's been a great servant, and without him we would of been down years ago.
RedRampage

Postby Ntini » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:52 am

Firstly, great to have Barry on board for the new season. A proven talent at this level and a club legend.

Barry's quote on the OWS seemed to hint towards developing the club. Could that be developing his own coaching skills for the future whilst mentoring a younger keeper?

I also seem to remember someone closer to Mark having intimated that he wouldn't be happy to re-sign as our number 2 keeper. It would be a real shame if we lost Mark looking longer-term who IMO could clearly be our 1st choice for the next 10 years.

My hope is that we can secure them both for the coming season. Mark as number one and Barry to cover whilst training in a coaching role. Only time will tell.
HOWAY THE SHRIMPS!!!!!

On topic(ish) and proud!
Ntini

Postby Caton83 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:51 am

Reliably informed that Mark Halstead who has been offered a two year deal, has returned from his holiday and set to sign early next week.
Caton83

Postby black morse » Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:57 am

Caton83 wrote:Reliably informed that Mark Halstead who has been offered a two year deal, has returned from his holiday and set to sign early next week.

If true it's excellent news. :D We are close to having the core of a pretty good team.
black morse

Postby Slanester » Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:03 pm

Caton83 wrote:Reliably informed that Mark Halstead who has been offered a two year deal, has returned from his holiday and set to sign early next week.

Missed this somehow, bloody brilliant news.
Slanester

Postby cyprus-shrimp » Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:14 pm

How often do we see a major sponsor on @shrimpsofficial (or anywhere else) talking about the positivity at the club and the good signings being made?? Great stuff Charlie Appleyard (Annapurna shirt sponsors).

What a change from recent summers when all talk seems to have been about possibly escaping the drop the following season. Let's hope that all this positivity turns into good performances and results along with increased crowds next season.
The wine and the football seem better in the sunshine!!
cyprus-shrimp

Postby Keith » Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:04 pm

That would be a great signing! Hope so. :D
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

Keith
Site Admin

Postby Castaway » Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:38 pm

Looks a great keeper whose never quite broken through anywhere. Last season he made 18 appearances with us (according to Wikipedia) and the most before that was 16 for Shrewsbury. Staggering when you consider he's 28. Becoming a typical profile for a Jim signing.

Perhaps Baz will take him under his wing abit (though obviously he'll naturally want to keep number one) knowing that perhaps he may himself become involved in other areas such as coaching. I could be wrong but like the idea of him mentoring Mark into his long term replacement.
Castaway

Postby Caton83 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:46 pm

OWS states that he started 26 games for us last season. Hope he's found his home at last.
Caton83

Postby Castaway » Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:07 pm

Thanks for clarifying Caton83
Castaway

Postby Niborian_Shrimp » Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:47 pm

Niborian_Shrimp

Postby Slanester » Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:10 pm

Niborian_Shrimp wrote:https://www.morecambefc.com/news/2019/june/mark-halstead-signs-new-deal/

Two-year deal for Mark. Brilliant stuff.

HAPPY DAYS. You knew Caton83, eh!!
Slanester

Postby Keith » Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:57 pm

Really pleased with this news!

At the end of last season, I said I'd be delighted to see the majority of the squad staying together, I'm getting my wish so far!

Keith
Site Admin

Postby Caton83 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:52 pm

Slanester wrote:
Niborian_Shrimp wrote:https://www.morecambefc.com/news/2019/june/mark-halstead-signs-new-deal/

HAPPY TVDAYS. You knew Caton83, eh!!

Well they say that even a broken clock is right twice a day. Good news though
Caton83

Postby Castaway » Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:44 pm

Fantastic news!
Castaway

Postby MfcChris » Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:31 pm

Caton83 wrote:
Slanester wrote:

HAPPY TVDAYS. You knew Caton83, eh!!

Well they say that even a broken clock is right twice a day. Good news though

Clearly you know Baz ;)
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:45 pm

Keith wrote:Really pleased with this news!

At the end of last season, I said I'd be delighted to see the majority of the squad staying together, I'm getting my wish so far!

Jordan Cranston has tweeted on the MFC official twitter re the Halstead re-signing "The whole gang getting there slowly". I hope he knows something ;) ;)

And he isn't referring to "The Round-Up Gang" :lol: :lol:
Gone_Shrimping

Return to General Discussion