Postby glagys » Fri May 10, 2019 5:12 pm

Not sure if I have missed this,
But I cannot recall seeing any pre-season friendlies pencilled in
Anyone seen anything
Would like to think we may have put that in Leif Davis 's move
glagys

Re: Pre-season

Postby Andy D » Fri May 10, 2019 7:04 pm

Not keen on the idea of playing Leeds United in a summer, cant help but think of the time(90s) when they played Bournemouth(by the seaside) in pre season and absolutely wrecked the place, rioting with Police, and especially with us being a Lancashire club(by the seaside) who they've never played before.

Be a nightmare for Police and Security.
Andy D

Postby Potted Shrimp » Fri May 10, 2019 10:17 pm

Way too early to announce pre-season friendlies guys, but expect the usual:

Bamber Bridge, Kendal Town, Chorley (insert local non-league cub) away.

Home games to Lancashire football league clubs resrve sides eg/: Wigan, Preston, Blackburn, Bolton, Fleetwood, Burnely XI's.

PS.
Potted Shrimp

Postby BerlinWaller » Sat May 11, 2019 9:15 am

I would like to see another Scottish team come down and play at the Globe. Motherwell and Falkirk(?) Travelled in decent numbers and created a great atmosphere.
BerlinWaller

Postby glagys » Sat May 11, 2019 9:30 am

Agree about Leeds they would sell all their tickets but the cost of policing would strip any profits, oxford have already announced about 6 games ,we'll prob end up with Blackburn,Bolton select eleven :D
glagys

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Sat May 11, 2019 9:35 am

I used to enjoy seeing the Scottish clubs.

Motherwell fans were great.

We cancelled one Scottish club in order to play Wigan Reserves so they may be wary about arranging fixtures with us.
Gone_Shrimping

Postby Keith » Sat May 11, 2019 9:44 am

BerlinWaller wrote:I would like to see another Scottish team come down and play at the Globe. Motherwell and Falkirk(?) Travelled in decent numbers and created a great atmosphere.

I’d like to see the club working with the Tourist Board and have a few Scottish clubs come down. As you say, they’ve previously travelled in good numbers, so make a weekend of it. Even consider Sunday 2pm kick-off to make the weekender more attractive? The club is worth millions of pounds each season to the town, in terms of visitors & advertising, so let’s work together to maximise this. That will ultimately have a positive impact upon the club too.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby BerlinWaller » Sat May 11, 2019 10:00 am

Keith wrote:
BerlinWaller wrote:I would like to see another Scottish team come down and play at the Globe. Motherwell and Falkirk(?) Travelled in decent numbers and created a great atmosphere.

I’d like to see the club working with the Tourist Board and have a few Scottish clubs come down. As you say, they’ve previously travelled in good numbers, so make a weekend of it. Even consider Sunday 2pm kick-off to make the weekender more attractive? The club is worth millions of pounds each season to the town, in terms of visitors & advertising, so let’s work together to maximise this. That will ultimately have a positive impact upon the club too.

You could even go further and have a 4 team cup tournament over 2 days. Like you say, it would benefit the club and the town alike if 2 Scottish clubs and another local FL side participated in games over a nice summers weekend.
BerlinWaller

Postby redrobo » Sat May 11, 2019 10:01 am

Keith wrote:

Great idea....let's go big and try and get either a Rangers 11 or that other lot :lol: ...and use it to implement a trial of segregation of the Berlin Wall so that when that small club from Bradford visit we are ready and able to cope with a few extra who may decide to use the Berlin Wall assuming that their numbers justify the additional safety measures put in place.
redrobo

Postby redrobo » Sat May 11, 2019 10:04 am

BerlinWaller wrote:
Keith wrote:

You could even go further and have a 4 team cup tournament over 2 days. Like you say, it would benefit the club and the town alike if 2 Scottish clubs and another local FL side participated in games over a nice summers weekend.

Assuming of course that we could segregate all the fans from over the Border plus our own fans into at least 4 segregated areas ie 1 for each participating club.
redrobo

Postby BerlinWaller » Sat May 11, 2019 10:28 am

All four teams won't be playing at the same time?
BerlinWaller

Postby jbc.shrimp » Sat May 11, 2019 10:34 am

Where did Aaron McGowan go. Get their first team down with Aaron.
jbc.shrimp

Postby redrobo » Sat May 11, 2019 10:54 am

BerlinWaller wrote:All four teams won't be playing at the same time?

know but if it is anything like the tournament we had a few seasons ago all teams played each other on the same day so all fans mingled. Can't imagine the Scots being happy about that knowing how tribal they are.
redrobo

Postby mrpotatohead » Sat May 11, 2019 8:35 pm

Is that a racist comment there Neil?
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby redrobo » Sun May 12, 2019 10:25 am

mrpotatohead wrote:Is that a racist comment there Neil?

;)
redrobo

Postby Marineroadrovers » Sun May 12, 2019 2:00 pm

Keith wrote:

the club don't advertising when morecambe player at home any where round morecambe or Lancaster. why we not got peole watch us.
Marineroadrovers

Postby redrobo » Sun May 12, 2019 2:58 pm

Now where was it I read about a very loyal fan of OUR club going around the surrounding areas and putting up posters for ALL to see advertising the games.

Non so blind as those who choose not to believe what's going on around them...suggest you wake up and get out a bit more..... :lol:
redrobo

Postby Seasider9601 » Tue May 14, 2019 9:05 am

Andy D wrote:Not keen on the idea of playing Leeds United in a summer, cant help but think of the time(90s) when they played Bournemouth(by the seaside) in pre season and absolutely wrecked the place, rioting with Police, and especially with us being a Lancashire club(by the seaside) who they've never played before.

Be a nightmare for Police and Security.

Nah, that was a last match of the season game when they sealed promotion. Not a pre season game.

They took thousands there.
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Return to General Discussion