Released players.....

Released players.....

Postby Potted Shrimp » Mon May 06, 2019 1:07 pm

When would we expect to find out which players have been released from the club, I guess tomorrow?
Potted Shrimp

Re: Released players.....

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Mon May 06, 2019 1:53 pm

Carlisle just announced their retained/released list and Richie Bennett has been released.
Gone_Shrimping

Postby Andy D » Mon May 06, 2019 4:06 pm

Carlisle United boss Steven Pressley has released eight players, including first-team regulars Anthony Gerrard and Gary Liddle, following the conclusion of the 2018-19 League Two season.

Defenders Gerrard, 33, and Liddle, 32, made 44 and 45 appearances respectively in all competitions.

2 fit defenders experienced in L2 right there!
Andy D

Postby glagys » Mon May 06, 2019 4:27 pm

Wasn't impressed with Gerrard when we played them thought he was slow
glagys

Postby Little Shrimp » Mon May 06, 2019 4:48 pm

Andy D wrote:
Carlisle United boss Steven Pressley has released eight players, including first-team regulars Anthony Gerrard and Gary Liddle, following the conclusion of the 2018-19 League Two season.

Defenders Gerrard, 33, and Liddle, 32, made 44 and 45 appearances respectively in all competitions.

Do we need them? Lavelle, Old and Sutton is a pretty damn good centre back core. More worth having Brownsword as a fourth choice than wasting a big wage on one of those two. IMO the money would be far better spent elsewhere.
Little Shrimp

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Mon May 06, 2019 5:03 pm

Little Shrimp wrote:
Andy D wrote:

Do we need them? Lavelle, Old and Sutton is a pretty damn good centre back core. More worth having Brownsword as a fourth choice than wasting a big wage on one of those two. IMO the money would be far better spent elsewhere.

Agreed , all 3 have contracts for next season and young Brownsword is highly rated. Goalkeeping is ok depending on whether they both sign. Right back we need Mills to sign and if fully fit James Sinclair can fit in there as well as midfield.
Gone_Shrimping

Postby Andy D » Mon May 06, 2019 5:19 pm

Little Shrimp wrote:
Andy D wrote:

see your point.

But Liddell who plays R/B allows us to push Zac Mills into C/M, tried him there before and he looked alright.
Last edited by Andy D on Mon May 06, 2019 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andy D

Postby MfcChris » Mon May 06, 2019 5:27 pm

They all got told Sunday so the announcement must be anytime now.

Surely Sinclair is one of the bankers to go, along with Campbell. Think Vadaine will be gone too.
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Mon May 06, 2019 6:46 pm

Gone_Shrimping

Postby PrestonShrimp » Mon May 06, 2019 6:48 pm

https://www.morecambefc.com/news/2019/m ... ased-list/

Vadine, Sinclair, Campbell, Hedley and Szczepaniak released
PrestonShrimp

Postby tim-sanchez » Mon May 06, 2019 7:09 pm

All eyes turn to Doncaster and Accrington then, would love to see Mandeville and Mingoia offered deals. Bennett already been released by Carlisle so I hope we offer him a deal too, especially with Vadaine going. No complaints with those released.

Talks ongoing with Kenyon, anyone know what that means?
tim-sanchez

Postby CityShrimp » Mon May 06, 2019 7:13 pm

Happy with that released and retained list. It’ll be interesting to see whether Roche and Halstead both sign, and Collins signing is the other key question.

It must be essential to sign up Ritchie Bennett to lead our line next season now that Vadaine is gone. If he and Collins both leave then it’ll feel like we’re building the striking department up from scratch.
CityShrimp

Postby Shrimpy » Mon May 06, 2019 7:13 pm

I would take a guess it means we’ve not offered Alex a new contract but we haven’t shut the door on him returning. Negotiating a deal on lower wages than he was on previously?
Shrimpy

Postby Slanester » Mon May 06, 2019 7:15 pm

I really hope Barry, and Mark take up their contract offers.
Slanester

Postby MfcChris » Mon May 06, 2019 7:20 pm

tim-sanchez wrote:All eyes turn to Doncaster and Accrington then, would love to see Mandeville and Mingoia offered deals. Bennett already been released by Carlisle so I hope we offer him a deal too, especially with Vadaine going. No complaints with those released.

Unlikely we will get Mingoia. Still has over a year left on his contract therefore wont be released so we would have to buy him.
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Mon May 06, 2019 7:34 pm

MfcChris wrote:
tim-sanchez wrote:All eyes turn to Doncaster and Accrington then, would love to see Mandeville and Mingoia offered deals. Bennett already been released by Carlisle so I hope we offer him a deal too, especially with Vadaine going. No complaints with those released.

Unlikely we will get Mingoia. Still has over a year left on his contract therefore wont be released so we would have to buy him.

I don't think it works like that at our level.

If he is not in Coleman's plans then he will feel it is better to release Pierro and use his wages on another area rather than try and sell him to clubs who don't pay transfer fees.
Gone_Shrimping

Postby MfcChris » Mon May 06, 2019 7:39 pm

Gone_Shrimping wrote:
MfcChris wrote:

I don't think it works like that at our level.

If he is not in Coleman's plans then he will feel it is better to release Pierro and use his wages on another area rather than try and sell him to clubs who don't pay transfer fees.

You can't just release a player 1 year in to a 2 year contract. Not without paying the contract up anyway, so is still costing the same. Piero could asked to terminate it himself though...
Last edited by MfcChris on Mon May 06, 2019 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MfcChris

Postby Westgate Wanderer » Mon May 06, 2019 7:40 pm

Love to see Collins Mandeville and Bennett in our future sides, not too worried about Mingoia. Hopefully the majority of our side will re-sign, they showed a great togetherness at the awards evening. Happy chatting to the fans (and buying them drinks) and not vanishing as soon as the awards were over as in previous seasons! :)
Don't worry be happy!
Westgate Wanderer

Postby jbc.shrimp » Mon May 06, 2019 8:27 pm

MfcChris wrote:

We could possibly try to negotiate a season long loan for Pierro, as we did with Phil Jevons years ago.
jbc.shrimp

Postby Seasider9601 » Tue May 07, 2019 7:37 am

glagys wrote:Wasn't impressed with Gerrard when we played them thought he was slow

A bad egg.

Avoid.
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby Keith » Tue May 07, 2019 10:26 am

MfcChris wrote:Unlikely we will get Mingoia. Still has over a year left on his contract therefore wont be released so we would have to buy him.

I think with Acci staying up, there is a very good chance that if he wanted to come here, he could have his contract cancelled by mutual consent. Obviously, that would depend upon what salary he was on at Accrington and whether we would be matching it. He's probably not out of our price range unless he had a salary increase for gaining promotion with Acci?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby redrobo » Tue May 07, 2019 10:37 am

No complaints from me about who is to leave, but Alex would also be one of those included in the non retained players..

Very happy that Mark has been offered a new deal but as a number 2... :?: :?: :?:

Personally I think Baz should move over to a coaching role with back up to Mark which could see the departure of our current goalkeeping coach. I did read somewhere that long term Baz wanted to create a goalkeeping coaching school, maybe this could be the first step.

Collins I suspect will be on his way back to his first club Newport having read an article in the Newport paper about him and what he said.

Somewhat surprised that Kevin could be with us but again in a coaching role with the club's younger squads... :?: :?: :?:
redrobo

Postby Bare bum » Tue May 07, 2019 10:55 am

Collins I suspect will be on his way back to his first club Newport having read an article in the Newport paper about him and what he said.

This one?
https://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/sport ... ref=twtrec

You may be right but it's purely speculative reporting here. Didn't say anything apart from keeping his options open. Clearly enjoyed his time here so far and identified Jim as a very positive influence. I would think he's definitely us worth investing some money in, for his potential.
A lilo, almost as nice as a puppy
Bare bum

Postby Caton83 » Sat May 25, 2019 2:04 pm

Slanester wrote:I really hope Barry, and Mark take up their contract offers.

I heard that Mark has been offered a better deal, but potentially still as number 2. Also informed that he possibly has other options to consider before committing.
Anyone else heard any bits of info regarding our two custodians, or any others for that matter ?.
Caton83

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Sun May 26, 2019 8:11 am

Caton83 wrote:
Slanester wrote:I really hope Barry, and Mark take up their contract offers.

I heard that Mark has been offered a better deal, but potentially still as number 2. Also informed that he possibly has other options to consider before committing.
Anyone else heard any bits of info regarding our two custodians, or any others for that matter ?.

It's all been very quiet , whether no news is good news we will have to wait and see :?: :?:
Gone_Shrimping

Next

Return to General Discussion