Notts County 0:0 Morecambe

Notts County 0:0 Morecambe

Postby thedoc » Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:46 pm

thedoc

Re: Notts County 0:0 Morecambe

Postby Slanester » Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:27 am

Sums up the game pretty much doc. A few points with respect to The Shrimps though...
3rd game in 8 days (for both I know) ,particularly tough Tue night.
Definitely missed Oates, who has played like a man possessed in his last few appearances, and also Wildig’s quality. Cranston had a poor game.
Worst referee seen in a long time, booked Bennett early, unjustified in my opinion, which then handicapped him for the rest of his match. It meant he was much more measured in his physicality, which is a big part of his game.

A point gained for us, 2 lost by Notts, not too bad a result.
Last edited by Slanester on Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Slanester

Postby thedoc » Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:40 am

Can't argue with any of the above. I personally think that Aaron Wildig is our best player by quite some distance. What I was trying to say is that I really thought Jim got it badly wrong yesterday. Even with the tired legs and missing players, we were clearly too good for this shower. We should have gone for them, full-stop: if they'd conceded one, they would have conceded a hat-full. Point gained - yes: but wouldn't three be so much better?
thedoc

Postby Slanester » Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:56 am

Yes doc, 3 points would have been brilliant. I just feel, it was as much a case of not firing on all cylinders, as apposed to a to just a sit back, defensive job. Been wrong before though, plenty of times. :lol:
Slanester

Postby Keith » Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:10 pm

You really need a sub-editor!

Morecambe arrived at Meadow Lane today looking to make it three games in a row against a team desperate for points right at the bottom of the EFL. Notts County, though, had surprised almost everyone in the football world by winning 1-3 against Carlisle at Brunton Park last Saturday.

We played Notts County three games in a row?
Carlisle must hate County, they beat them on Tuesday night as well...
:roll:

I'll read the second paragraph later! 8-)
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby redrobo » Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:34 pm

After 2 positive performances it sounds as though we returned to type being negative and content at the end with a draw, if my understanding of The Doc's posting is correct.

Listening to JB in both his pre and post match interviews yet again he spouted on about what a good team they are and by the result he was more than happy with the single point. :roll:

What happened to the attacking football we witnessed at The Globe? Why not be positive and go all out for a win ?

I'm no fan of KmK and often think that he has too much influence over JB and that our tactics particularly yesterday called for a more positive performance. Our performance v FGR had a change of managers assistant who from what i understand the players have a lot of respect for as he's attack minded which from his touchline instructions v FGR provided more enjoyment both on and off the pitch.

The win v MK Dons was excellent but we were aided by an own goal and could have thrown it away had it not been for a well taken 4th to derail an MK fight back that for me was on the cards as soon as they got their second.
redrobo

Postby Slanester » Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:46 pm

redrobo wrote:
The win v MK Dons was excellent but we were aided by an own goal and could have thrown it away had it not been for a well taken 4th to derail an MK fight back that for me was on the cards as soon as they got their second.

You’re a hard man to please rr. :D

We can all make it, so the pieces fit our puzzle, including me obviously. It’s just that for me, mine is a lot more fun to play with.
Slanester

Postby redrobo » Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:37 pm

Slanester wrote:
redrobo wrote:

You’re a hard man to please rr. :D

We can all make it, so the pieces fit our puzzle, including me obviously. It’s just that for me, mine is a lot more fun to play with.

Too right I am..... :!: :!: :!:

I've witnessed too many bad performances over the last 60 years to settle for anything other than the best our team can perform which when we are on song we are capable of beating anybody at whatever level we've played at.

Since we've attained EFL status we've under performed too many times which we now appear to have to accept as the norm....sorry but I just can't go along with such negativity. :cry:
redrobo

Postby thedoc » Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:47 pm

We played Notts County three games in a row?

Blimey Keith, you're a hard man to please sir. I was knackered when I sent this stuff in last night: it was almost midnight and I had got up at twenty past four to get the earliest train to Notts. So please cue the violins and take pity of a poor old man. I meant to write `looking for three wins in a row' not what I actually did. But I suspect you knew that, you very bad person...
thedoc

Postby thedoc » Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:50 pm

Keith - and before you pick me up on it again. I meant to write `on' an old man not `of'. Pedantic? Moi? I'm going back to bed...
thedoc

Postby black morse » Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:57 pm

thedoc wrote:Keith - and before you pick me up on it again. I meant to write `on' an old man not `of'. Pedantic? Moi? I'm going back to bed...

You've got the doc rattled Keith :lol: :lol: :lol:
black morse

Postby black morse » Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:01 pm

I've probably said this before but it's worth repeating....Thanks for the reports doc it really helps exiles like me who can't make many matches :D

I don't pull your reports to pieces.... not like Keith :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
black morse

Postby Freez » Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:04 pm

I tend to agree with the comments about missing Oates and not firing on all cylinders. The wind was bloody awful but unlike Tuesday our passing was equally bad, we gave away the ball far too easily far too many times. However we got better in the second half and had a go. So when you play badly but try and attack, this isn’t being defensive, it’s acknowledging we were inept going forward for the first half particularly.
But as has been said, you can make the report fit what you want where you want!!
Nice one Rog.
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Postby Keith » Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:24 pm

redrobo wrote:...sorry but I just can't go along with such negativity. :cry:

You don’t think that you are being negative? Seven points from the last three games and you still manage to get a dig in at Ken McKenna? You don’t suppose losing arguably two of our best three players from Tuesday had anything to do with it? Or that we’ve played a couple of really tough games already this week? Or that County, despite their position, have a squad where almost every player would be straight in to our first team if they were ours? Or that County, having kicked Carlisle’s backside a few days earlier, probably fancied their chances in a ‘must win’ game for them?

It was a solid performance in horrible conditions. Notts County rarely looked threatening (one really good chance and one excellent double save by Halstead after a defensive slip). We had a couple of decent chances too but all in all, we did what we needed to do.

Good write up Doc, thanks! :D
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion