Re: Live IFollow thread from Meadow Ln Notts County

Postby MFC-Manc » Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:37 pm

7 points from the last three games is brilliant. A lot closer to safety now
I'm getting by just the best I can, While you're directing traffic
MFC-Manc

Postby Phoenix Shrimp 2017 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:19 pm

black morse wrote:
Phoenix Shrimp 2017 wrote:Result of the season for me. Notts County despite their position have some very good players and won easily at Carlisle midweek. We've kept our distance from them and it's another game less to play.

UTS.

They're going down though.

Maybe, but when teams are behind the 8 ball they can frequently gain a new lease of life. Look at Scotland RUFC today at Twickenham or Barnet FC in League 2 last season. Make no mistake Notts County had a massive win midweek and would have wanted to keep the momentum going today. We stalled their momentum and more credit to us in what was a massive game for Notts County.
Phoenix Shrimp 2017

Postby tim-sanchez » Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:56 pm

Phoenix Shrimp 2017 wrote:
black morse wrote:
Phoenix Shrimp 2017 wrote:Result of the season for me. Notts County despite their position have some very good players and won easily at Carlisle midweek. We've kept our distance from them and it's another game less to play.

UTS.

Look at Barnet FC in League 2 last season. Make no mistake Notts County had a massive win midweek and would have wanted to keep the momentum going today. We stalled their momentum and more credit to us in what was a massive game for Notts County.

This time last season we had one fewer point, but were 11 points clear of Barnet with a game in hand. Definitely don't underestimate how crucial it was for us to stop Notts County picking up 3 points here.
tim-sanchez

Postby black morse » Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:57 pm

Phoenix Shrimp 2017 wrote:
black morse wrote:

UTS.

Maybe, but when teams are behind the 8 ball they can frequently gain a new lease of life. Look at Scotland RUFC today at Twickenham or Barnet FC in League 2 last season. Make no mistake Notts County had a massive win midweek and would have wanted to keep the momentum going today. We stalled their momentum and more credit to us in what was a massive game for Notts County.

Agreed but they now have to produce 2 points per game for the rest of the season and every time they 'only' draw it gets more difficult. What are the odds of them doing that?
black morse

Postby black morse » Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:01 pm

Just had a look on current betting odds and it's roughly 3 to 1 on them going down.

Bookies at last don't think we will at 20 to 1 against :D
black morse

Postby BHmfc » Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:10 pm

Missed Oates and Wildig today. Oates for his power and running down the left and Wildig for the class that he provides in midfield.
BHmfc

Postby Phoenix Shrimp 2017 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:03 am

BHmfc wrote:Missed Oates and Wildig today. Oates for his power and running down the left and Wildig for the class that he provides in midfield.

Agreed. Oates has provided that forward momentum whenever he's played. Struggled for a full ninety like, but when he's on it's been all action. We've missed that little bit of class in the middle all season. Wildig, Tutte and Flemmo have seen little action, so it's all credit to Jim and Ken to have improvised and kept our heads above water. Cranston whilst not a natural mid-fielder has adapted really well so it's good looking forward to know that we have a utility player there who can play more than one position. Invaluable for the teams on a lower budget.
Phoenix Shrimp 2017

Postby sandgrown » Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:37 am

BHmfc wrote:Missed Oates and Wildig today. Oates for his power and running down the left and Wildig for the class that he provides in midfield.

couldn't Mandy do Wildig's job ?
sandgrown

Postby Slanester » Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:45 am

sandgrown wrote:

A real shame, but at present, Mande doesn’t appear to want to do any job. He looks like a beaten man, why :?: :?: :?: His body language is very negative, half hearted in warm up.......
Slanester

Postby black morse » Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:54 am

Slanester wrote:
sandgrown wrote:

A real shame, but at present, Mande doesn’t appear to want to do any job. He looks like a beaten man, why :?: :?: :?: His body language is very negative, half hearted in warm up.......

Which ties in with What Alick said about Donny's fans feeling about him.
black morse

Re: Notts County 0 Morecambe 0 iFollow Thread

Postby Little Shrimp » Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:03 pm

A win would obviously have been preferable against a side likely to be relegated, but a point suits us a lot more than it suits them.

Not a bad one either, when you consider their midweek performance and the fact that they do have some of the best attackers in the division (on paper). It's curious how they've ended up in this position with some of the players they have, although I suppose they're incredibly top heavy.

Stopped momentum (hopefully) and kept distance from them, can't be too displeased. Macclesfield gain ground but at the expense of Yeovil, dragging them into it more. Could get interesting for them come the end of the season. Fingers crossed we look to be pulling clear.
Little Shrimp

Postby Posh » Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:09 pm

Agreed.

Up front Ritchie Bennett and Aaron Collins were a handful and our defence was excellent with Ritchie Sutton outstanding.

Yet midfield was our weak point. Jordan Cranston gave the ball away a lot, most notably an awful bit of football on the edge of our box that gave them their only shot on target; Alex Kenyon hoofed it a lot, which didn’t help us get hold of the game; and both them sat deep, with Piero Mingoia out wide and Kev a bit lost at times we struggled. They were poor too though thankfully, with David Vaughan showing his age.

As soon as Andy Fleming came on he started connecting defence to attack and we played some of our best football.

A stronger midfield - Oates, Fleming, Wildig and Mingoia - and I think we could have taken it too then more and won the game.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby MfcChris » Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:19 pm

Am I missing something with Mingoia? Have watched him fairly closely the last game or so and he offers little. He runs round like he's a lost lamb, loses the ball, doesn't go to man when they have the ball and can't tackle.
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:25 pm

MfcChris wrote:Am I missing something with Mingoia? Have watched him fairly closely the last game or so and he offers little. He runs round like he's a lost lamb, loses the ball, doesn't go to man when they have the ball and can't tackle.

Well yes , you have missed something. Our run of decent performances isn't down to good luck.

Mingoia has been excellent in attacking moves , dead balls etc and he tracks back to support the defence. I would love to see him as a permanent signing in the Summer.
Gone_Shrimping

Postby Slanester » Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:41 pm

Gone_Shrimping wrote:
MfcChris wrote:Am I missing something with Mingoia? Have watched him fairly closely the last game or so and he offers little. He runs round like he's a lost lamb, loses the ball, doesn't go to man when they have the ball and can't tackle.

Well yes , you have missed something. Our run of decent performances isn't down to good luck.

Mingoia has been excellent in attacking moves , dead balls etc and he tracks back to support the defence. I would love to see him as a permanent signing in the Summer.

All about opinions, but definitely agree with GS.
Slanester

Postby Shrimp Girl » Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:56 pm

Keith wrote:The ref has been appalling through the game ...

I think this was the only game I've ever been to where both sets of fans ended up chanting 'you don't know what you're doing' at the ref.
Liners weren't much better either.
Shrimp Girl

Postby paschahound » Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:30 pm

Shrimp Girl wrote:
Keith wrote:The ref has been appalling through the game ...

I think this was the only game I've ever been to where both sets of fans ended up chanting 'you don't know what you're doing' at the ref.
Liners weren't much better either.

Yes , he was shockingly bad. However, none of his decisions really affected the match. A point was a fabulous achievement yesterday.

Speaking of refs, the worst I can remember was the ref with the ginger hair who always used to officiate our pre-season friendlies over a number of seasons. Can't remember his name, but that guy had absolutely no idea what he was doing.
paschahound

Previous

Return to General Discussion