Full Time Commercial Manager

Full Time Commercial Manager

Postby BerlinWaller » Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:07 pm

Anyone fancy it? The full time job has been advertised today.
BerlinWaller

Re: Full Time Commercial Manager

Postby Andy D » Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:21 pm

Quite a few Fans have gone off on here about the Commercial Management in the past.

And some have made some valid points and ideas in the past, great opportunity for a Morecambe Fan who's already aware of our problems with a Management background.
Andy D

Postby Posh » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:04 pm

Crucial appointment for the club and a real opportunity to move the club forward.

While Football League payments are the biggest source of revenue it doesn’t change and gate money is dependent on performances, weather and opposition, commercial revenues are something where one talented person can make a huge difference. Daniel Bowerbsnk at Accrington has brought in hundreds of thousands for them per season. It is worth seriously incentervising it.

They also need the freedom to negotiate and do deals. Selling off a fixed rate card doesn’t work.

For the right money a few people spring to mind.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby Andy D » Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:07 am

Posh wrote:Crucial appointment for the club and a real opportunity to move the club forward.

While Football League payments are the biggest source of revenue it doesn’t change and gate money is dependent on performances, weather and opposition, commercial revenues are something where one talented person can make a huge difference. Daniel Bowerbsnk at Accrington has brought in hundreds of thousands for them per season. It is worth seriously incentervising it.

They also need the freedom to negotiate and do deals. Selling off a fixed rate card doesn’t work.

For the right money a few people spring to mind.

Posh you not fancy it? in all honesty you did spring to mind, apply for it and tell em your price Kid.
Andy D

Postby mrpotatohead » Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:11 am

The outgoing commercial manager was severely hampered by the fact he was working with fixed prices and little or no budget, a good example being last Tuesday, an excellent value hospitality package yes, could he have offered this deal to people, no, also ownership uncertainty over the last couple of years have made MFC a very difficult sell, it remains to be seen if a new commercial manager is given reasonable negotiating power to give people value for money.
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby P/T Indie » Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:48 pm

When we first moved there always seemed to be deals for hospitality and people actively mailing people with deals.

I know someone who used to only come to the odd game for an afternoon out because the club would contact them and offer a deal.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby mrpotatohead » Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:12 am

There were, the commercial manager at the time had a free hand, he wasn't popular but it was busy, if a bit elitist, the way forward for the club is making the match day experience affordable for business customers and fans alike, and addressing the challenge of improving the facilities behind the goals.
mrpotatohead

Postby SupermarketShrimp » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:14 am

There's a massive problem with the clubs image, and anyone wanting to take the role on has to work on that with a pretty decent budget and a lot of humility from the board.

I mentioned it on Facebook some time ago, but until our owners come and open up the books to independent auditing from the Trust or other body to show that they are benefactors to the club and not taking money out - thus giving any potential sponsor the knowledge that they are assisting the growth of the club and investing in the team and not the back pocket of the directors, then frankly you are shuffling the deckchairs on the Titanic.

I could bang on about our sales and marketing being deep rooted in the 1990's, but until you sort the first problem out then it's pointless resolving the rest of it. There are assets within the business as an outsider looking in that are clearly not being utilised to their full ability and potential. You sort the first problem and than a decent salesman can create a whole plethora of stuff involving the club that you can then sell to people who activily want to donate to the club but need something in return for accountancy purposes to stick on their website. Google "sponsors of Morecambe FC" - you don't even get Biz Loans 4 You! You need to create a relationship between the club and the sponsors amongst all the media where everyone creates eyeballs on each others websites and promotes each other. This just isn't happening. As Posh says, Bowerbank at Accrington does this brilliantly.

There is a long line on companies that can and want to get involved but you come against that exact problem.

Whereas our London friends are saying the right things, they need to do the right things. Unfortunately they are on the back foot as even if their intentions are honourable, we've had at least 5 years of being treated like mushrooms, and the mountain must now come to Mohammed.
SupermarketShrimp

Postby Vinny » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:51 am

SupermarketShrimp wrote:There's a massive problem with the clubs image, and anyone wanting to take the role on has to work on that with a pretty decent budget and a lot of humility from the board.

I mentioned it on Facebook some time ago, but until our owners come and open up the books to independent auditing from the Trust or other body to show that they are benefactors to the club and not taking money out - thus giving any potential sponsor the knowledge that they are assisting the growth of the club and investing in the team and not the back pocket of the directors, then frankly you are shuffling the deckchairs on the Titanic.

I could bang on about our sales and marketing being deep rooted in the 1990's, but until you sort the first problem out then it's pointless resolving the rest of it. There are assets within the business as an outsider looking in that are clearly not being utilised to their full ability and potential. You sort the first problem and than a decent salesman can create a whole plethora of stuff involving the club that you can then sell to people who activily want to donate to the club but need something in return for accountancy purposes to stick on their website. Google "sponsors of Morecambe FC" - you don't even get Biz Loans 4 You! You need to create a relationship between the club and the sponsors amongst all the media where everyone creates eyeballs on each others websites and promotes each other. This just isn't happening. As Posh says, Bowerbank at Accrington does this brilliantly.

There is a long line on companies that can and want to get involved but you come against that exact problem.

Whereas our London friends are saying the right things, they need to do the right things. Unfortunately they are on the back foot as even if their intentions are honourable, we've had at least 5 years of being treated like mushrooms, and the mountain must now come to Mohammed.

Excellent post SMS. I hope the CM appointee and Board read this or think likewise!
Bring me sunshine, in your smile.
A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Vinny

Postby BerlinWaller » Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:34 pm

Would it be beneficial for the next CM to be a Morecambe fan or would you prefer somebody with no affiliation to the club?
BerlinWaller

Postby Vinny » Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:31 pm

BerlinWaller wrote:Would it be beneficial for the next CM to be a Morecambe fan or would you prefer somebody with no affiliation to the club?

I personally don't think that matters. What counts is that they have abilities and commitment as eluded to in SMS's post and to bring that kind of approach to the job and club.
Bring me sunshine, in your smile.
A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Vinny

Postby redrobo » Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:47 pm

BerlinWaller wrote:Would it be beneficial for the next CM to be a Morecambe fan or would you prefer somebody with no affiliation to the club?

Not totally convinced that he or she needs to be a fan.What they must have is an awareness of the local business community and a personality that will encourage business to get involved.

I assume that the salary will include commission on all monies brought into the club which should be attractive enough to enable the new CM to earn a good wage.

I'd have no problems if the successful applicant was a women in fact it would be a welcome change and could be just the person the club needs to take it to the next level.
redrobo

Postby P/T Indie » Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:57 pm

I agree SS if I was a local business I would be sceptical about giving the club money and where it was going.

I think the apt of rod and Graham helped a bit a d its not as bad as it was but a year or two ago you wouldnt have been wanting to hand any cash over.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby Andy D » Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:09 pm

redrobo wrote:I'd have no problems if the successful applicant was a women in fact it would be a welcome change and could be just the person the club needs to take it to the next level.

2nd this.

Ideally a Women with Charm playing Businessmen who just can't deny beauty.
Andy D

Postby Phil Anderer » Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:31 am

Andy D wrote:
redrobo wrote:I'd have no problems if the successful applicant was a women in fact it would be a welcome change and could be just the person the club needs to take it to the next level.

2nd this.

And preferably not feeling a need to live up to archaic stereotypes. :roll:
The 3 rules of Fascism:
1. Make stuff up;
2. Scream it loudly;
3. Kill people.
(copyright Eddie Izzard)
Phil Anderer

Postby Andy D » Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:27 pm

Phil Anderer wrote:
Andy D wrote:

2nd this.

And preferably not feeling a need to live up to archaic stereotypes. :roll:

Well I was going to say a Fit Bird with Big Knockers.
Andy D

Postby mrpotatohead » Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:30 pm

Do you mean you want a man who's had a sex change Neil, or vice versa?
mrpotatohead

Postby redrobo » Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:43 pm

mrpotatohead wrote:Do you mean you want a man who's had a sex change Neil, or vice versa?

Sent your application in then.... ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:
redrobo

Postby mrpotatohead » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:27 pm

:lol:
mrpotatohead

Postby Brian S » Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:37 pm

redrobo wrote:I assume that the salary will include commission on all monies brought into the club which should be attractive enough to enable the new CM to earn a good wage.

NO No no. The club needs someone who loves the club and finds businesses that are in it for the love of the club, long term, not going out grabbing a quick buck to boost their bank balance.
Brian S

Postby Wild Bill » Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:21 pm

Brian S wrote:
redrobo wrote:I assume that the salary will include commission on all monies brought into the club which should be attractive enough to enable the new CM to earn a good wage.

NO No no. The club needs someone who loves the club and finds businesses that are in it for the love of the club, long term, not going out grabbing a quick buck to boost their bank balance.

You mean keep the status quo? No thanks. We need an outsider to come in hungry to succeed and with a bag of new ideas and fresh pair of eyes. Someone who isn't going to listen to 'this is how we do things' and actually make a positive impact. Trust me, no decent salesperson will come in without a decent salary and reward package. I hope the club sees this and invests in the right person for this critical role for getting the club back on it's feet.
I am the Thai Shrimp!
Wild Bill

Postby BerlinWaller » Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:39 pm

Wild Bill wrote:
Brian S wrote:

You mean keep the status quo? No thanks. We need an outsider to come in hungry to succeed and with a bag of new ideas and fresh pair of eyes. Someone who isn't going to listen to 'this is how we do things' and actually make a positive impact. Trust me, no decent salesperson will come in without a decent salary and reward package. I hope the club sees this and invests in the right person for this critical role for getting the club back on it's feet.

Totally agree with this. We need to do away with the old boys act and freshen it up. No room for sentiment if we are to progress. Get the best person for the job even if they know nothing about the club. We need someone to bring those pounds in.
BerlinWaller

Postby redrobo » Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:00 am

Our former Commercial Director was enjoying some pre match hospitality yesterday along with another former Director.

Wonder if a return as the new Commercial Manager is on the cards..... :?: :?: :?:
redrobo

Postby redtilldead74 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:09 pm

Yes I believe he maybe is one of the candidates for the job. I hope the club don't go back to the bad old days, has nothing will have changed. This is the man who alienated some of the long time supporters of the club. Was so good at his job at MFC that he was kept on by Abdul and Mr Burnaud, oh sorry he wasn't. The same man who lasted a short time at a thriving club in Manchester. Then moved on to be salesman for a former MFC chairman's new venture with a former Bolton Wanderers manager, selling high end spa's to footballers, were I presume if he was so successful would not need to be looking at our club again. I for one will not be renewing my season ticket or buying anything from the club shop if he gets within two feet of our club. What's the saying once bitten twice shy.Just my thoughts only. what does anyone else think about this possibility of his return?.
Jimmy Goulding
Last edited by redtilldead74 on Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
redtilldead74

Postby Westgate Wanderer » Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:28 pm

Be a poor day for the club is Mr.Dixon returns to the job he did previously. We need fresh ideas from outside the club or else nothing will improve. Although the half time entertainment yesterday couldn't have gone much worse. Was nice to see a turn from Norman Collier though! Shame it took 15 minutes to get a new set of batteries or microphone out onto the pitch!
Don't worry be happy!
Westgate Wanderer

Next

Return to General Discussion