Full Time Commercial Manager

Re: Full Time Commercial Manager

Postby Freez » Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:46 pm

The job advertised is commercial manager, Mark was General Manager, so a slightly different role!
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Postby redtilldead74 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:28 pm

take your point freez, but its still the same person. Like I said once bitten twice shy.
redtilldead74

Postby redrobo » Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:33 pm

I thought he was the Commercial Manager to start with. Then was recruited to the Board and became the General Manager to look after the interests of PMcG who due to his commitments away from the club wasn't as active as he was at first.
redrobo

Postby sandgrown » Sun Mar 31, 2019 3:33 pm

redtilldead74 wrote: I hope the club don't go back to the bad old days, has nothing will have changed. This is the man who alienated some long time local sponsors of the club, alienated some of the long time supporters of the club. Was so good at his job at MFC that he was kept on by Abdul and Mr Burnaud, oh sorry he wasn't. The same man who lasted a short time at a thriving club such has Salford FC. Then moved on to be head salesman for uncle peters new venture with Sam Alladice selling high end spa's to footballers, were I presume if he was so successful would not need to be looking at our club again. I for one will not be renewing my season ticket or buying anything from the club shop if he gets within two feet of our club. What's the saying once bitten twice shy.Just my thoughts only. what does anyone else think about this possibility of his return?.
Jimmy Goulding

couldn't have put it better

it would be a horrendous step backwards for the club
Last edited by sandgrown on Wed May 29, 2019 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sandgrown

Postby KenH » Sun Mar 31, 2019 3:59 pm

Westgate Wanderer wrote:Be a poor day for the club is Mr.Dixon returns to the job he did previously.

Never a good idea to go back - we need to look forward with new ideas, not the "same old" that didn't work and helped towards the demise of the club. We need someone who will heal rifts not cause them. There's already too much in the way of cliques and him coming back will just make the "them and us" situation even worse.
Last edited by KenH on Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
KenH

Postby P/T Indie » Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:22 pm

Rod and Graham must be on the interview panel and have prob always had opposite views to mark so I would be surprised if he returns.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby mrpotatohead » Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:56 pm

Get him in I say, it'd be great :) :)
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby Wild Bill » Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:19 pm

Fresh blood needed. Dicko was a bad egg by all accounts.
I am the Thai Shrimp!
Wild Bill

Postby mrpotatohead » Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:31 pm

Awwww c'mon guys , it'd be coool :) :lol:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby MfcChris » Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:32 pm

Westgate Wanderer wrote:Be a poor day for the club is Mr.Dixon returns to the job he did previously. We need fresh ideas from outside the club or else nothing will improve. Although the half time entertainment yesterday couldn't have gone much worse. Was nice to see a turn from Norman Collier though! Shame it took 15 minutes to get a new set of batteries or microphone out onto the pitch!

Not the first time the PA system has not worked in the home standing end. Is it legal to carry on with no PA system at a football game due to H&S?
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby tim-sanchez » Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:29 pm

[url=Peterborough sell naming rights to their stadium in a 10-year deal for £2m.]https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47784972[/url]

Obviously they're a much bigger club than ours, but only a league above, and have sponsored Colchester before. Can we really not find anyone to stump up a few thousand pounds for naming rights? A priority for the new commercial manager in my opinion, an unsponsored stadium is a wasted asset in the modern era.
tim-sanchez

Postby skyecat » Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:15 pm

Westgate Wanderer wrote:Was nice to see a turn from Norman Collier though! Shame it took 15 minutes to get a new set of batteries or microphone out onto the pitch!

I got the impression that it was a case of the radio mic being out of range from the receiver - when he got nearer the main stand, it kicked back in again.
The best mind-altering drug is the truth - Lily Tomlin
skyecat

Postby BerlinWaller » Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:44 pm

Martin Thomas is the new Commercial Manager. A local and a supporter who has worked for Johnston press.
BerlinWaller

Postby Keith » Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:22 pm

BerlinWaller wrote:Martin Thomas is the new Commercial Manager. A local and a supporter who has worked for Johnston press.

Good luck Martin, hope you do a great job!
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Born again Bill » Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:59 pm

Phew what a relief ,welcome Martin and good luck in your new roll
Born again Bill

Postby Phoenix Shrimp 2017 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:46 pm

Born again Bill wrote:Phew what a relief ,welcome Martin and good luck in your new roll

^ This!

UTS.
Phoenix Shrimp 2017

Postby redrobo » Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:16 am

Welcome.

A lot rests on your shoulders to bring the local businesses back into supporting our club.
redrobo

Postby Posh » Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:44 am

redrobo wrote:Welcome.

A lot rests on your shoulders to bring the local businesses back into supporting our club.

No pressure then. :shock:

I really hope he gets the freedom to go out there and do deals.

Dicko, Dicko’s Angels and others since made very little attempt to understand the businesses they were dealing with and tried to just sell off a fixed price menu. If I’m say a local shop what I want is more people coming into my shop, so come up with some creative ideas for how you can help me achieve that. That could include discount vouchers, ground board facing supporters, etc. Whereas a local accountants would want to do schmoosing clients so match day exec boxes, use of Local Choice Suite for a business event etc. Also most companies I know would say I’m willing to give you say £3,000, what can I get for that? As long as that includes season tickets and a decent package they’ll be happy.

Lastly, keep the directors out of it bar passing on leads. Let them get on with it.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby redrobo » Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:59 am

Sales people live and die by results, so the pressure is and should be always on them.

I worked in Print Sales for some major Nationwide players for well over 20 years and was head hunted on numerous occasions due to my record but in the end the pressure of meeting targets and day to day motorway driving got to me and i had to get out. So anybody who thinks sales is an easy ride should think again.

I wish the new guy well but it's a result based profession.

However I agree with Posh, just hope that the Directors let him get on with it in his own way.
redrobo

Postby Keith » Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:49 pm

Posh wrote:
redrobo wrote:A lot rests on your shoulders to bring the local businesses back into supporting our club.

I really hope he gets the freedom to go out there and do deals...

...Lastly, keep the directors out of it bar passing on leads. Let them get on with it.

To be fair, Neil is right, a lot does rest on his shoulders! This is the most important appointment in many years. Success in this role will bring success & stability elsewhere within the club. Let's go!
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby SupermarketShrimp » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:48 am

redrobo wrote:Sales people live and die by results, so the pressure is and should be always on them.

I worked in Print Sales for some major Nationwide players for well over 20 years and was head hunted on numerous occasions due to my record but in the end the pressure of meeting targets and day to day motorway driving got to me and i had to get out. So anybody who thinks sales is an easy ride should think again.

I wish the new guy well but it's a result based profession.

However I agree with Posh, just hope that the Directors let him get on with it in his own way.

Give over Neil, you spent most of your mornings watching the training!
SupermarketShrimp

Postby parceldave » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:00 pm

Keith wrote:
Posh wrote:
redrobo wrote:A lot rests on your shoulders to bring the local businesses back into supporting our club.

I really hope he gets the freedom to go out there and do deals...

...Lastly, keep the directors out of it bar passing on leads. Let them get on with it.

To be fair, Neil is right, a lot does rest on his shoulders! This is the most important appointment in many years. Success in this role will bring success & stability elsewhere within the club. Let's go!

Surely it all comes down to how much of a free reign he gets from Ronnie & Reggie , he may have some great ideas but could have some financial constraints to prevent him doing what he wants . Maybe it would have been nice of the club to introduce him to the fans on a match day so we all know who he is , unless its a surprise on the last day of course . ;)
parceldave

Postby paulshrimp » Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:05 am

I hope that Ronnie and Reggie isn’t a reference to the murderous Kray twins! Totally unfunny. Although the new owners haven’t been seen much their money did get us out of a hole. We await to see what their future plans are for the club
paulshrimp

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:26 am

He starts work the day of the Newport game so maybe introduced then?
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Previous

Return to General Discussion