Current squad

Re: Current squad

Postby al1 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:22 pm

Do not think we can afford any more coaches! We cannot give long serving players coaching positions just for the sake of it.
al1

Postby fulwoodshrimp » Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:38 am

I feel Tutte and Wildig are a luxury in the current squad that we can't afford. Both are good players but their fitness is questionable. Both play one or two games and then are out injured for quite a few games. What they are costing us for the actual number of games they play, heaven knows. I think we need to turn to young, durable players that can be relied on to play regularly. Midfield is rough and tough but it seems like time has caught up with both Tutte and Wildig, sad to say.
fulwoodshrimp

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:43 am

fulwoodshrimp wrote:I feel Tutte and Wildig are a luxury in the current squad that we can't afford. Both are good players but their fitness is questionable. Both play one or two games and then are out injured for quite a few games. What they are costing us for the actual number of games they play, heaven knows. I think we need to turn to young, durable players that can be relied on to play regularly. Midfield is rough and tough but it seems like time has caught up with both Tutte and Wildig, sad to say.

Wildig is one of our best players , and because of this the opposition give him rough treatment so it is not surprising he misses matches. It is no coincidence that the 2 games he played last week FGR and MK were both really good performances and wins.

Tutte looks a good player but does seem injury prone , but he is on a 2 year contract so will be here next season most likely.
Gone_Shrimping

Postby BerlinWaller » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:32 am

Gone_Shrimping wrote:
fulwoodshrimp wrote:I feel Tutte and Wildig are a luxury in the current squad that we can't afford. Both are good players but their fitness is questionable. Both play one or two games and then are out injured for quite a few games. What they are costing us for the actual number of games they play, heaven knows. I think we need to turn to young, durable players that can be relied on to play regularly. Midfield is rough and tough but it seems like time has caught up with both Tutte and Wildig, sad to say.

Wildig is one of our best players , and because of this the opposition give him rough treatment so it is not surprising he misses matches. It is no coincidence that the 2 games he played last week FGR and MK were both really good performances and wins.

Tutte looks a good player but does seem injury prone , but he is on a 2 year contract so will be here next season most likely.

Wildig is our best player. Yes, he has weetabix legs but he is a class above anything else we have
BerlinWaller

Postby redrobo » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:57 am

al1 wrote:Do not think we can afford any more coaches! We cannot give long serving players coaching positions just for the sake of it.

Would agree that if that was his only role, but Baz could be both a back up keeper and a coach to the Academy and reserves....assuming that is what all parties wanted.
redrobo

Postby jbc.shrimp » Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:48 pm

We have Mingoia until season end. If he's not in John C's plans, would it be less expensive to extend the loan by next season then possibly take him on a free.
jbc.shrimp

Postby MfcChris » Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:38 am

We have one of the worst fitness and training facilities in the FL but that will change now. All our equipment has been removed from Turners field and our temporary use of the training and fitness facilities at Lancaster University will become permanent from April, so our injuries and fitness of players should improve. Finally we get decent facilities.
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby BerlinWaller » Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:31 am

MfcChris wrote:

We have one of the worst fitness and training facilities in the FL but that will change now. All our equipment has been removed from Turners field and our temporary use of the training and fitness facilities at Lancaster University will become permanent from April, so our injuries and fitness of players should improve. Finally we get decent facilities.

Is this more evidence of things moving in the right direction under the new owners? When this was suggested on here previously it was rubbished by some due to the cost.
BerlinWaller

Postby redrobo » Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:07 pm

MfcChris wrote:

I posted a few weeks ago about our new training facility but to date no official confirmation has been made. Hopefully the above post will prove to be true and that the news of it given to a few of us by a former club official comes to fruition.
redrobo

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:36 pm

MfcChris wrote:

It would make sense from a logistical aspect. Easy to drive to for our players based in Merseyside/Manchester and for the locally based players easy to go down the Bay Gateway and on the M6 to the University.
Gone_Shrimping

Postby P/T Indie » Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:53 am

That explains why Ken was in the Uni Gym the other day
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Previous

Return to General Discussion