Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Re: O/T scholes gone from oldham

Postby Slanester » Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:34 pm

Some interesting posts on their forum.
Slanester

Postby HALMA 1983 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:08 pm

I thought he was a very brave man taking that job and it just goes to show that fame and high profile count for nothing when you have zero experience, instead of showing leadership and using his own previous ability, he's actually taken the footballing side of things backwards.
HALMA 1983

Postby BerlinWaller » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:32 pm

OLDHAMADE wrote:I thought he was a very brave man taking that job and it just goes to show that fame and high profile count for nothing when you have zero experience, instead of showing leadership and using his own previous ability, he's actually taken the footballing side of things backwards.

Sounds like another very dodgy owner and he had no choice but walk away.
BerlinWaller

Postby Phoenix Shrimp 2017 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:05 pm

Looks like we got rid of another one, just took a little longer this time.Conversation probably went something like this.

Lem. Bloody ell Scholesy, whata da feck, we gotta beat by the Dog ana Duck las night, no one never heard of them before ana they play us off da bloody park! Bloody Shrimpettes.
Scholesy. Give us a chance mate, I've only been ere' a week.
Lem.Listen I donta care if you winna everthing going with Man U and run the middle of the park for England for years. You getta me in the Premiership ina 4 years or your arse is toast.You never learn anything from Saint Alex?
Scholesy. OK mate, I'll leave it with you. You need the mighty Jimbo for that. Best of luck with that one!

UTS.
Phoenix Shrimp 2017

Postby HALMA 1983 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:42 pm

Phoenix Shrimp 2017 wrote:Looks like we got rid of another one, just took a little longer this time.Conversation probably went something like this.

Lem. Bloody ell Scholesy, whata da feck, we gotta beat by the Dog ana Duck las night, no one never heard of them before ana they play us off da bloody park! Bloody Shrimpettes.
Lem.Listen I donta care if you winna everthing going with Man U and run the middle of the park for England for years. You getta me in the Premiership ina 4 years or your arse is toast.You never learn anything from Saint Alex?
Scholesy. OK mate, I'll leave it with you. You need the mighty Jimbo for that. Best of luck with that one!
UTS.
BerlinWaller wrote:Sounds like another very dodgy owner and he had no choice but walk away.

I like that Phoenix and I'm guessing it's been like that since the guy came in but Scholes knew full well what he was letting himself in for and didn't bat an eyelid.
The fans knew it and have been constantly saying it but Scholes thought he was man enough to see beyond that, obviously he wasn't and his reputation was taking a beating from the Crewe game onwards.
Regardless of the clown owner, he's no chance of managing another club in the near future because he hasn't got what it takes.
HALMA 1983

Postby Andy D » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:23 am

Cant help but think Scholes soon realised how hard a job he had, and is playing "oh i just had a fall out and told him to do one" so he can still look Cool.

You could argure the Money Paul Scholes as got and if he Loves Oldham that much, just buy Oldham outright.
Andy D

Postby Slanester » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:19 am

Andy D wrote:Cant help but think Scholes soon realised how hard a job he had, and is playing "oh i just had a fall out and told him to do one" so he can still look Cool.

I was thinking along those lines too. Owner maybe a two hat, but Scholes bailed very quickly, and he must have already been aware of the situation at Oldham.(?)
Slanester

Postby Seasider9601 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:27 am

BerlinWaller wrote:
OLDHAMADE wrote:I thought he was a very brave man taking that job and it just goes to show that fame and high profile count for nothing when you have zero experience, instead of showing leadership and using his own previous ability, he's actually taken the footballing side of things backwards.

Sounds like another very dodgy owner and he had no choice but walk away.

Very dodgy.

Owner insisted on full control of team affairs ie, pick the team, decide which players to bring in etc.

Scandalous.
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby Phoenix Shrimp 2017 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:09 am

OLDHAMADE wrote:
Phoenix Shrimp 2017 wrote:Looks like we got rid of another one, just took a little longer this time.Conversation probably went something like this.

UTS.
BerlinWaller wrote:Sounds like another very dodgy owner and he had no choice but walk away.

I like that Phoenix and I'm guessing it's been like that since the guy came in but Scholes knew full well what he was letting himself in for and didn't bat an eyelid.
The fans knew it and have been constantly saying it but Scholes thought he was man enough to see beyond that, obviously he wasn't and his reputation was taking a beating from the Crewe game onwards.
Regardless of the clown owner, he's no chance of managing another club in the near future because he hasn't got what it takes.

I'm feeling your pain ADE. A good friend of mine is an Oldham fan so I get a regular dose of his desperation.If the same guy is still in charge next season he is going to lump on them to go down. I've seen worse bets.
Phoenix Shrimp 2017

Postby HALMA 1983 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:50 am

Relegation from League one was unthinkable but to even consider falling out of this one will see the club fold, that's if it doesn't happen beforehand.
Already a dozen applicant's for the job :lol: Best of British I say! :?
HALMA 1983

Postby Seasider9601 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:50 am

Oldham fans are currently speaking to the Blackpool Supporters Trust and also The Tangerine Knights for help and advice.
Seasider9601

Postby HALMA 1983 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:34 am

The only problem is, if this fool and his brother walk right now, the club folds because the trust isn't in a position to take on the responsibilities of the day to day running.
No doubts more L1 and L2 clubs will succumb to this in the not too distant future as owners with so called bottomless pockets become more aware of the pitfalls.
HALMA 1983

Postby black morse » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:41 am

OLDHAMADE wrote:The only problem is, if this fool and his brother walk right now, the club folds because the trust isn't in a position to take on the responsibilities of the day to day running.
No doubts more L1 and L2 clubs will succumb to this in the not too distant future as owners with so called bottomless pockets become more aware of the pitfalls.

Best not to think about it too much :(
black morse

Postby Seasider9601 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:16 pm

From The Latics forum:

"Jim Bentley for me. This is the kind of manager Latics should have been in for from the very start, yet some at Morecambe have never fully appreciated the job he's doing season after season."
Seasider9601

Postby Wild Bill » Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:04 pm

Not surprised really. His demeanor never suited management, particularly at the lower levels. He came across as miserable as a wet weekend in Accrington :lol: He was also quite shy and lacking in confidence. In L2 you need to be larger than life and able to motive a motley crew of players, working in often challenging conditions.

Also,like most of Man Utd's ex-players from the the golden era of Fergie, they tend to be perfectionists and unable to cope with the limited abilities and attitudes of less successful teams. A few problems at Oldham and he spat his dummy out. Back to punditry and talking about how it wouldn't happen under Sir Alex...
I am the Thai Shrimp!
Wild Bill

Postby BoroRedShrimp » Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:53 pm

They should have stuck with Pete Wild. Considering he didn't have a wealth of experience at first team level he did a good overall job when in temp charge.
Profile picture; James Stannage.
BoroRedShrimp

Postby BerlinWaller » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:12 pm

Wild Bill wrote:Not surprised really. His demeanor never suited management, particularly at the lower levels. He came across as miserable as a wet weekend in Accrington :lol: He was also quite shy and lacking in confidence. In L2 you need to be larger than life and able to motive a motley crew of players, working in often challenging conditions.

Also,like most of Man Utd's ex-players from the the golden era of Fergie, they tend to be perfectionists and unable to cope with the limited abilities and attitudes of less successful teams. A few problems at Oldham and he spat his dummy out. Back to punditry and talking about how it wouldn't happen under Sir Alex...

I spy with my little eye.....a Liverpoo fan
BerlinWaller

Postby Joel Ninety » Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:04 pm

Sounds perfectly justified for him to walk.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/englis ... li=AA9SkIr
Joel Ninety

Postby Seasider9601 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:16 am

Massive fine for breaching football betting rules:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48689396
Seasider9601

Postby jbc.shrimp » Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:28 am

Make Kyle Hawley a regular in the first team the let scholes take his place in the reserves.
Last edited by jbc.shrimp on Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jbc.shrimp

Postby jbc.shrimp » Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:06 pm

Seasider9601 wrote:From The Latics forum:

"Jim Bentley for me. This is the kind of manager Latics should have been in for from the very start, yet some at Morecambe have never fully appreciated the job he's doing season after season."

With this sort of comment coming from other team's fans, and Jim possibly being 'head hunted', does this raise the value of our club ? Just curious.
jbc.shrimp

Postby HALMA 1983 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:01 pm

jbc.shrimp wrote:
Seasider9601 wrote:From The Latics forum:

With this sort of comment coming from other team's fans, and Jim possibly being 'head hunted', does this raise the value of our club ? Just curious.

No amount of money can buy what Jim has and I'd drive him to Oldham myself.
HALMA 1983

Return to General Discussion