Postby Bare bum » Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:18 pm

Two league higher attendances than Dagenham at the Globe -

v Southend 2nd May 2015 Att. 4108
v Carlisle 26th December 2014 Att. 4165
A lilo, almost as nice as a puppy
Bare bum

Re: Break The Gate!

Postby Potted Shrimp » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:16 pm

If they made it so you could pay £5 on the day they could break the record but if its pre-order only I think its unlikely. Seems strange that you cant pay on the day.
Potted Shrimp

Postby Westgate Wanderer » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:20 pm

Potted Shrimp wrote:If they made it so you could pay £5 on the day they could break the record but if its pre-order only I think its unlikely. Seems strange that you cant pay on the day.
they might end up with the 11,000 that went to Wemberleeee turning up on the day!! :o
Don't worry be happy!
Westgate Wanderer

Postby outsider » Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:41 pm

IMO. They do it on tickets, not pay on the gate as to get an idea for stewarding/Staffing/Pies etc. Imagine having 35 Stewards and only 1500 turn up. Or 15 and 5000. Also imagine the fuss if 4 staff serving 100 pies when 10 serving 1000 was needed. You could end up both ways with as much bad press as good. Great idea though hope it works well.
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby BerlinWaller » Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:55 pm

jbc.shrimp wrote:There was a freebie some years ago, a rearranged match against Daggers. Weather was awful, Euro soccer was on Sky, and they coralled home supporters into the away end. We came from behind to win that one 2 - 1

Andy Parrish scored the winner
BerlinWaller

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:57 pm

I have thought for a while that the club could take one of several empty units in the Arndale Centre on a "pop-up" basis and use it to sell stock and tickets.
Last edited by Gone_Shrimping on Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gone_Shrimping

Postby BerlinWaller » Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:36 pm

I have seen a few clubs advertising reduced tickets on Groupon. I think the fact people have to go down to the club in mainly office hours will be a huge put off.
BerlinWaller

Postby RedRedWine » Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:07 pm

Gone_Shrimping wrote:Why are they not doing on-line ticket sales ?

Does anyone wishing to buy tickets have to go to the Club Shop , if they do then this will not help to reach 4,000.

I have thought for a while that the club could take one of several empty units in the Arndale Centre on a "pop-up" basis and use it to sell stock and tickets.

But the club IS selling tickets online for this fixture (as they do for all home games)?!?

[url]https://www.venuetoolbox.com/morecambefc/ASP/selectArea.asp?bookEvent=true&eventID={28951F0A-89A1-4C6C-8848-2F821039D910}&homeArea=home[/url]

You can pay on the gate - but it will be full price. One of the aims of the promotion is to retain peoples contact details, and others have indicate - effectively plan for the fixture based on pre-ticket sales.

I am glad the club is trying to do something to attract new supporters - our current crowds can not sustain league football in the long term. It addition to discounted tickets, it’s important that all the other aspects surrounding the match day experience (for which the club received poor feedback from an EFL mystery shopper report) are vastly improved. If that means bringing in external caterers to supplement the club’s offering - then so be it. Based on my observations, the club can barely cope with relatively small crowds - if nothing changes, how will they manage if a gate 2 or 3 times the norm shows up? For the avoidance of doubt - there’s no way on earth the club should be pouring cans of beer to order at this fixture.
Hello! Hello! We are the Morecambe boys!
RedRedWine

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:17 pm

RedRedWine wrote:
Gone_Shrimping wrote:Why are they not doing on-line ticket sales ?

Does anyone wishing to buy tickets have to go to the Club Shop , if they do then this will not help to reach 4,000.

But the club IS selling tickets online for this fixture (as they do for all home games)?!?

[url]https://www.venuetoolbox.com/morecambefc/ASP/selectArea.asp?bookEvent=true&eventID={28951F0A-89A1-4C6C-8848-2F821039D910}&homeArea=home[/url]

You can pay on the gate - but it will be full price. One of the aims of the promotion is to retain peoples contact details, and others have indicate - effectively plan for the fixture based on pre-ticket sales.

I am glad the club is trying to do something to attract new supporters - our current crowds can not sustain league football in the long term. It addition to discounted tickets, it’s important that all the other aspects surrounding the match day experience (for which the club received poor feedback from an EFL mystery shopper report) are vastly improved. If that means bringing in external caterers to supplement the club’s offering - then so be it. Based on my observations, the club can barely cope with relatively small crowds - if nothing changes, how will they manage if a gate 2 or 3 times the norm shows up? For the avoidance of doubt - there’s no way on earth the club should be pouring cans of beer to order at this fixture.

Apologies , the other day it did state that there were no online ticket sales for the Cheltenham game but this has now changed. :oops:

I stand by my theory about a "pop-up" shop in the Arndale which could sell stock and tickets.
Gone_Shrimping

Postby Keith » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:32 pm

RedRedWine wrote:If that means bringing in external caterers to supplement the club’s offering - then so be it.

I disagree. Morecambe FC have again won the ‘Best Pie in Sport’ award at the British Pie Awards 2019 with the steak & ale, while the chicken ham & leek was ‘Highly Commended’ (ie runner up). What we need to do is shout about this success from the rooftops and make sure we can sell as many as possible at each match! Visiting fans should arrive at The Globe wanting our food! The negative feedback from the mystery shopper and change in ownership may result in finally getting some focus on the match day experience.

http://www.britishpieawards.co.uk/
Sports Pie – a pie commercially sold at sports clubs – to be eaten and judged HOT

Description: A class open to Sports Clubs and/or their suppliers whose entries are commercially sold at their Clubs. The name of only one Club must accompany each entry. Entries may be any shape and may weigh up to 600g.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Westgate Wanderer » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:03 pm

If they get a certificate for the best pie in sport it should be copied and placed in the refreshment sections all over the ground and in all the bars! Draw attention to it and entice the supporters to try it. :D consistently getting something right at least :D
Don't worry be happy!
Westgate Wanderer

Postby BerlinWaller » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:07 pm

I see Christie the Cat has been out and about today. There are pics of him in a local school. It is good to see.
BerlinWaller

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:01 pm

I think the players are on North West Tonight at 6-30 pm doing some PR at the NW CancerCare.
Gone_Shrimping

Postby Potted Shrimp » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:38 am

If I can get the day off I will definitely be attending.
Potted Shrimp

Postby Keith » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:07 am

Westgate Wanderer wrote:If they get a certificate for the best pie in sport it should be copied and placed in the refreshment sections all over the ground and in all the bars! Draw attention to it and entice the supporters to try it. :D consistently getting something right at least :D

Make our own posters. We definitely get a nice trophy. Make the most of it. These are the things that add to the 'match day experience'.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Seasider9601 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:34 am

Keith wrote:Make our own posters.

Those match posters the club produced for the last games at Christie were superb all that season.

Who produced those?

Time for a comeback.
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby Vinny » Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:23 am

Like this one?
Attachments
Morecambe-vs-Hereford-Web[1].jpg
Morecambe-vs-Hereford-Web[1].jpg (244.11 KiB) Viewed 1300 times
Bring me sunshine, in your smile.
A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Vinny

Postby Seasider9601 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:28 am

Aye, that's them !!

They were superb !!!!!! :D
Seasider9601

Postby Vinny » Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:30 am

Also done by CUDA CREATIVE http://www.cuda.uk.com but don't seem to exist now ...
Attachments
Aldershot_aw.jpg
Aldershot_aw.jpg (194.78 KiB) Viewed 1295 times
Bring me sunshine, in your smile.
A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Vinny

Postby BerlinWaller » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:08 pm

I am a Season ticket holder but am planning on buying a ticket to give to a mate just to get them down and show them what live footy is about. I then started thinking what if the club gave every season ticket holder an extra ticket to give to someone who hasn't been before? How many ST holders are there? It would bring a few more in and hopefully some may return as fully paying supporters.
BerlinWaller

Postby Seasider9601 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:38 pm

BerlinWaller wrote:I am a Season ticket holder but am planning on buying a ticket to give to a mate just to get them down and show them what live footy is about. I then started thinking what if the club gave every season ticket holder an extra ticket to give to someone who hasn't been before? How many ST holders are there? It would bring a few more in and hopefully some may return as fully paying supporters.

Good idea that. Worth persuing.
Seasider9601

Postby sandgrown » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:53 pm

booked hospitality for family and myself, let's hope we can beat that record attendance :D
sandgrown

Postby fleetstreetfox » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:26 pm

Enjoy your over priced pie and chips.
fleetstreetfox

Postby RedRedWine » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:28 pm

Keith wrote:
RedRedWine wrote:If that means bringing in external caterers to supplement the club’s offering - then so be it.

I disagree. Morecambe FC have again won the ‘Best Pie in Sport’ award at the British Pie Awards 2019 with the steak & ale, while the chicken ham & leek was ‘Highly Commended’ (ie runner up). What we need to do is shout about this success from the rooftops and make sure we can sell as many as possible at each match! Visiting fans should arrive at The Globe wanting our food! The negative feedback from the mystery shopper and change in ownership may result in finally getting some focus on the match day experience.

http://www.britishpieawards.co.uk/
Sports Pie – a pie commercially sold at sports clubs – to be eaten and judged HOT

Description: A class open to Sports Clubs and/or their suppliers whose entries are commercially sold at their Clubs. The name of only one Club must accompany each entry. Entries may be any shape and may weigh up to 600g.

I said supplement. The product is great, but the service is not - as I'm sure many supporters attending games will testify and as reflected in the match day experience feedback given to the club from an independent body, and its own supporters through a Shrimps Trust members survey.

Put all the posters you want up - If the club are unwilling to implement changes/suggestions to improve things in this area (they have started pre-ordering for alcoholic drinks - but the way this is currently managed, it's effectively queue jumping), there is no way they will be able to cater for a 4,000 crowd, because we only just about manage with 1,500 home fans currently!

The promotion should showcase all aspects of the club to attract new and lapsed supporters on a regular basis. Everything needs to run like clockwork - and hopefully it doesn't rain. If people want a beer at half time, they should be able to have one. At the moment - the club sells 60-70 pints in the home end terrace at H/T (as per sales data I have seen) - given that the queue lasts the duration of the interval, I'd say that's the maximum they can sell in this area. Is this going to be enough? What are the club doing to make sure this doesn't piss off a load of potential fans and also maximise the 15 minutes they do have for ancillary purchases - which is part of the remit behind the reduced entry; and uplift in food and drinks sales?
Last edited by RedRedWine on Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hello! Hello! We are the Morecambe boys!
RedRedWine

Postby Seasider9601 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:28 pm

fleetstreetfox wrote:Enjoy your over priced pie and chips.

Always the positive. :roll:
Seasider9601

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion