The "JIM BENTLEY OUT" thread. (Please don't start any more)

Re: The "JIM BENTLEY OUT" thread. (Please don't start any mo

Postby Shrimpman » Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:23 pm

Should have gone 4 years ago, he has killed MFC
Shrimpman

If sitting was a national sport???

Postby shrimpandseek2 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:26 am

3.0 down and the best motivation Jim could dish out...... was sit down and look at the floor. What message does this send to the players.... fans.... advert and media contributors...

Shocking on all accounts and enough is enough... Never mind merging threads.... LETS all merge one massive kitty... and send Jim far far away before its TOOOOOO LATEEE!
shrimpandseek2

Re: If sitting was a national sport???

Postby Voiceoftheshrimps » Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:24 am

hed did the same at northamton when we went one .0 down
Voiceoftheshrimps

Postby Westgate Wanderer » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:42 am

Looking at the line-up yesterday it was a clear 7-2-1 and the gap between the seven defenders was huge! We started well for 10 minutes and a younger striker may have scored one goal. Once Bury scored with their free shot as our defence all watched the game was up. They knew we love to pass the ball back to our keeper and reaped their reward. After the third goal Bury relaxed and let us in, but they regained their composure and saw the game through. If another forward had been thrown on when we were actually pressing we might have got an improbable draw! Jim has to be one of the luckiest managers in the football league to still have a job! We have good players but the tactics ( :o ) never change. As for Campbell being told he won't feature,he must have said something to Jim and Jim has spat his dummy out and told him it's my ball and you're not playing with it!! Is he bigger than the club?? NO! But that stance is detrimental to the club.
Don't worry be happy!
Westgate Wanderer

Postby Westgate Wanderer » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:45 am

shrimpandseek2 wrote:3.0 down and the best motivation Jim could dish out...... was sit down and look at the floor. What message does this send to the players.... fans.... advert and media contributors...

Shocking on all accounts and enough is enough... Never mind merging threads.... LETS all merge one massive kitty... and send Jim far far away before its TOOOOOO LATEEE!
I thought he was checking for updates on the Everton match!
Don't worry be happy!
Westgate Wanderer

Postby Slanester » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:09 am

That’s more motivation than the team receive off some of the fans, and they have paid to go and support :?:
Last edited by Slanester on Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Slanester

Postby Keith » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:28 am

Shrimpman wrote:Should have gone 4 years ago, he has killed MFC

No access to the all weather training.
No gym access.
No regular grass pitch to train on.
When training at Turners Field, picked dog shit up before starting training.
Players & staff not paid on time on numerous occasions.
No idea who owns the football club.
Players agreeing to re-sign on same wages as previous contract, then having 'a director' decide that they should take a pay cut, so the players go to Carlisle instead.
Top player 'sold' to PNE for about half his value, so the players & staff can get paid.
This season, an injury list so long that we could practically form a 'first team' out of the treatment room.

And that's without referring to the smallest club & smallest budget argument.

Killed the club? Somehow, against all the odds, managed to keep it on life support for the last four years more like.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Keith » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:32 am

shrimpandseek2 wrote:Never mind merging threads...

Well, I suppose I could just start deleting them rather than merging them?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby MFC-Manc » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:49 am

BerlinWaller wrote:The best bit today was when Kenyon was trying to wind 2 of theirs up about giving us the ball back but failing to notice another lad totally unmarked 10 yards away. Summed it up really.

As above.
I'm getting by just the best I can, While you're directing traffic
MFC-Manc

Postby mrpotatohead » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:52 am

Well my opinion is the same as Keith , our predicament is down to the last owner , and by the look of it his baton has been passed to the new ones, and an "Owners out" thread, although more fitting, would result in them leaving after selling our remaining assets.
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby KenH » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:27 pm

mrpotatohead wrote:Well my opinion is the same as Keith , our predicament is down to the last owner , and by the look of it his baton has been passed to the new ones, and an "Owners out" thread, although more fitting, would result in them leaving after selling our remaining assets.

So you don't think them investing a couple of million is good enough then? How much do you want to fleece them for? £5m, £10m? The club is losing huge amounts of money every year. No one else came forward to buy it. It's like the NHS, you can keep throwing money at it, but until you have real change, it's just a big money pit.
KenH

Postby Westgate Wanderer » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:37 pm

mrpotatohead wrote:Well my opinion is the same as Keith , our predicament is down to the last owner , and by the look of it his baton has been passed to the new ones, and an "Owners out" thread, although more fitting, would result in them leaving after selling our remaining assets.
The worst thing the previous owner did was extend the current managements contracts! He probably did that to get back at the section of ungrateful "fans" slagging him off!!
Don't worry be happy!
Westgate Wanderer

Postby Slanester » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:50 pm

Keith wrote:

No gym access.
Players agreeing to re-sign on same wages as previous contract, then having 'a director' decide that they should take a pay cut, so the players go to Carlisle instead.
Top player 'sold' to PNE for about half his value, so the players & staff can get paid.
This season, an injury list so long that we could practically form a 'first team' out of the treatment room.

Killed the club? Somehow, against all the odds, managed to keep it on life support for the last four years more like.

Why take time to assess, and consider all those factors, when it is far easier just to round on the manager.
Slanester

Postby BerlinWaller » Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:02 pm

KenH wrote:

So you don't think them investing a couple of million is good enough then? How much do you want to fleece them for? £5m, £10m? The club is losing huge amounts of money every year. No one else came forward to buy it. It's like the NHS, you can keep throwing money at it, but until you have real change, it's just a big money pit.

You are right Ken. We all have doubts and have heard the rumours regarding the owners but where would we be without them? Yes, PMG and his side kick started the rot but these guys have injected cash that was much needed. They have put the fans choice in charge and chucked more money at Jim. I'm not sure what some people were expecting?
BerlinWaller

Postby Phil Anderer » Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:06 pm

Slanester wrote:
Keith wrote:

No gym access.

Why take time to assess, and consider all those factors, when it is far easier just to round on the manager.

Keith does make several valid points there, but that doesn't mean the 'Jim out' brigade don't have valid points too. It's too easy to look at it in black and white. I agree that Jim has a difficult hand to play with, but certain things are intensely frustrating. Why oh why do our full backs always stand off their wingers? It's not the players' faults, as too many have done it for it not to be tactical, although to me it makes no bloody tactical sense whatsoever. Similarly, why do we never close the opposition down when they have the ball? This should be addressable in training, but clearly doesn't happen or we'd do it in games. Jim has some valid excuses, but equally he has his share of the blame, which he doesn't want to take. Unfortunately, for me, he's turning into a carbon copy of Sammy Mac, but without the budget.
The 3 rules of Fascism:
1. Make stuff up;
2. Scream it loudly;
3. Kill people.
(copyright Eddie Izzard)
Phil Anderer

Postby BerlinWaller » Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:31 pm

The worrying thing that i noticed yesterday was the amount of discussing who should be doing what, where they should be standing on corners etc. This should be drilled in to them but the players seem so confused. The amount of bickering and pointing yesterday was concerning. Tutte tore in to Sutton after the first goal and had to be pushed away by Kenyon. In fact, Tutte was hammering Sutton pretty much all the time.
BerlinWaller

Postby KenH » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:42 pm

BerlinWaller wrote:The worrying thing that i noticed yesterday was the amount of discussing who should be doing what, where they should be standing on corners etc. This should be drilled in to them but the players seem so confused.

The lack of management/organisation/communication on the pitch is terrible. It's not just corners/set pieces, etc. Yesterday, there were 3 of our players all stood basically within touching distance of eachother, but huge gaps with unmarked players a few yards away. We've not got a proper captain on the pitch to organise them, not helped when Jim's sat down looking dejected when he should be telling them what to do.
KenH

Postby redrobo » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:44 pm

KenH wrote:
BerlinWaller wrote:The worrying thing that i noticed yesterday was the amount of discussing who should be doing what, where they should be standing on corners etc. This should be drilled in to them but the players seem so confused.

The lack of management/organisation/communication on the pitch is terrible. It's not just corners/set pieces, etc. Yesterday, there were 3 of our players all stood basically within touching distance of eachother, but huge gaps with unmarked players a few yards away. We've not got a proper captain on the pitch to organise them, not helped when

For me JB does too much talking throughout a game constantly telling players where they should be and in many ways changing his mind as a game progresses. Ken is just as bad if not worse. All the game instructions should be talked through in the changing room prior to kick off allowing the players to express themselves rather than confusing them which from my seat appears to happen throughout a game.
redrobo

Postby mrpotatohead » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:45 pm

They bought the club at a knockdown price and cleared the overdraft, but now own all the assets , which they can basically do what they want with, they haven't made any improvements at all and aren't very chatty apart from at fans forums where they reiterate their plans but don't then do anything, as for the anti Jim fans, there seems to be a split appearing, some thinking he doesn't give enough instructions, and some thinking he gives too many :lol:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby Posh » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:48 pm

Agree with a lot that has been said from both sides.

The reality yesterday though was that Bury were a much better side. The two upfront plus Danny Mayor were excellent.

The game that matters is next week against Port Vale. Lose that and we’re relegation certainties. Win it - and I think we can with the players we’ve got - and this thread won’t get that much longer.

Without Sam and Tutte it will be more difficult but it is down to Jim to get something out of that game. My feeling is they’re on their arse and we can get at them early.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby Posh » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:53 pm

mrpotatohead wrote:They bought the club at a knockdown price and cleared the overdraft, but now own all the assets , which they can basically do what they want with, they haven't made any improvements at all and aren't very chatty apart from at fans forums where they reiterate their plans but don't then do anything, as for the anti Jim fans, there seems to be a split appearing, some thinking he doesn't give enough instructions, and some thinking he gives too many :lol:

When was the last time they watched their property asset, sorry, football team?
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby BerlinWaller » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:02 pm

mrpotatohead wrote:They bought the club at a knockdown price and cleared the overdraft, but now own all the assets , which they can basically do what they want with, they haven't made any improvements at all and aren't very chatty apart from at fans forums where they reiterate their plans but don't then do anything, as for the anti Jim fans, there seems to be a split appearing, some thinking he doesn't give enough instructions, and some thinking he gives too many :lol:

"Anti-Jim" is a very lazy term and implies that there is a vendetta against Jim. I would say I am a Morecambe FC fan rather than a Jim Bentley fan. Your style is to try and wind people up and then poke them with a stick because of your inside info.

I thought the lack of instruction was evident yesterday because if the way the players were bickering. Either some weren't doing as instructed or they didn't know the instructions
BerlinWaller

Postby shrimpandseek2 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:09 pm

So now even if the post is negative about the game it gets deleted and moved :lol:

Admin staff disgrace... :roll:
shrimpandseek2

Postby RedRampage » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:24 pm

admin are all pro jim! just like the Facebook page....

how many more games do we need to lose before the owners realise Jim is a waste of time, and is killing the club with his shocking management!
RedRampage

Postby HALMA 1983 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:33 pm

Posh wrote:Agree with a lot that has been said from both sides.

The reality yesterday though was that Bury were a much better side. The two upfront plus Danny Mayor were excellent.

The game that matters is next week against Port Vale. Lose that and we’re relegation certainties. Win it - and I think we can with the players we’ve got - and this thread won’t get that much longer.

Without Sam and Tutte it will be more difficult but it is down to Jim to get something out of that game. My feeling is they’re on their arse and we can get at them early.

Crucial game because Yeovil won't get anything from their next two games and Macc will lose to Colchester
HALMA 1983

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion