Transfer Window soon

Re: Transfer Window soon

Postby Duffman » Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:32 am

Maybe Jim should take a look at the development squad. Adrian Flaque who scored 18 goals in 21 games has just signed with a second division Spanish side. In the past 6 months Leif Davis has left to join Leeds and, another striker, Oliver Crankshaw has signed for Wigan.

All of them signing professional contracts with bigger teams without making a single appearance for the first team.

Regardless of how much money Jim has to spend, if he can't spot a talented player within his own club, money isn't the answer.
Duffman

Postby Ntini » Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:50 am

Keith wrote:
Ntini wrote:...and Campbell doesn't look like coming back into the fold.

Too soon to say that for sure. He can't be played during the transfer window if we're looking towards him going elsewhere, as he can only play for two teams in the one season. If he doesn't move, then he may feature in the rest of the season.

I get what you're saying, but either he doesn't want to be here or Jim doesn't want him. Either way, I can't see him being part of our plans for the first team for the rest of the season. If he stays, circumstances might dictate he's on the bench and used when needed, but I can't see him turning out match-winning performances if he doesn't want it, or feels he isn't wanted.
HOWAY THE SHRIMPS!!!!!

On topic(ish) and proud!
Ntini

Postby BerlinWaller » Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:56 am

Duffman wrote:Maybe Jim should take a look at the development squad. Adrian Flaque who scored 18 goals in 21 games has just signed with a second division Spanish side. In the past 6 months Leif Davis has left to join Leeds and, another striker, Oliver Crankshaw has signed for Wigan.

All of them signing professional contracts with bigger teams without making a single appearance for the first team.

Regardless of how much money Jim has to spend, if he can't spot a talented player within his own club, money isn't the answer.

A valid point. Davis was playing Championship footy after 3months of being at Leeds but couldn't get a kick at our place. We might have got a bigger fee if he had played 20 games for us.
BerlinWaller

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:04 am

Olly Crankshaw looked like a decent prospect and never got a sniff of first team
Gone_Shrimping

Postby redrobo » Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:35 pm

Possibly someone with more info and facts than myself could indicate how many 'home grown' talent have actually progressed to become an established first team squad player during JB's time as manager.

I can only recall 1 and that being McGowan and more recently Gomez and to some extent Jagne both of whom show potential and are being given their chance to impress having graduated from trials in the reserves. Neither are 'home grown' but have come as a result of our scouting network.

The very same scouting network who spotted Oswell although I understand that one of our coaching staff based in Liverpool is related to Oswell and it was on his recommendation that resulted in Oswell signing for us.

There have been others who have had the odd game or two but have never become regular first team players.

Maybe it's time that Ben Hedley was given an extended run rather than bring in Development Squad players from other clubs just to sit on the bench making up the numbers...and I assume costing us a wage.
redrobo

Postby BerlinWaller » Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:22 pm

redrobo wrote:Possibly someone with more info and facts than myself could indicate how many 'home grown' talent have actually progressed to become an established first team squad player during JB's time as manager.

I can only recall 1 and that being McGowan and more recently Gomez and to some extent Jagne both of whom show potential and are being given their chance to impress having graduated from trials in the reserves. Neither are 'home grown' but have come as a result of our scouting network.

The very same scouting network who spotted Oswell although I understand that one of our coaching staff based in Liverpool is related to Oswell and it was on his recommendation that resulted in Oswell signing for us.

There have been others who have had the odd game or two but have never become regular first team players.

Maybe it's time that Ben Hedley was given an extended run rather than bring in Development Squad players from other clubs just to sit on the bench making up the numbers...and I assume costing us a wage.

The youth players have to be good enough and to have developed physically before you chuck them in to League 2 football. I suppose knowing when they are ready is the key to it. Davies and Falque have both been snapped up before even making a struggling League 2 sides bench. They must have something about them
BerlinWaller

Postby redrobo » Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:55 pm

Adrian Flaque

https://www.morecambefcdev.co.uk/Matchr ... ?id=149488

https://www.google.com/search?q=adrian+ ... e&ie=UTF-8

Match report 18 August 2018

MFC Development Squad v Hyde United.

Adrian Flaque scored a hat trick.

Wonder how many of the starting 11 are still with us 6 months later?

Surely our Management teams saw this lads potential but allowed him to leave.

Evidently was transferred to AFC Clitheroe after the above game v Hyde.

Olly Crankshaw

https://football-wonderkids.co.uk/playe ... crankshaw/

Part of our Development Squad but joined Curzon Ashton and then Wigan Athletic who loaned him back to Curzon until the end of this season.
redrobo

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:08 pm

Chris Dagnall's contract at Bury has been terminated today so he is obviously going somewhere :?:
Gone_Shrimping

Postby Seasider9601 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:12 pm

Gone_Shrimping wrote:Chris Dagnall's contract at Bury has been terminated today so he is obviously going somewhere :?:

Yes, he's signed for Tranmere
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby redrobo » Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:50 pm

I think I'm right in saying that the window closes tonight.

With the news about Oliver I hope that JB is busy on the phone trying to secure a deal with another striker as a result of Oliver's injury once again left short. Time is running out and with Dagnell going to Tranmere (although it was only rumoured that he was on his way to us) and also the no show of the striker who we had agreed terms with (assuming it wasn't Bennett) we are really up against it for the rest of the season.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
redrobo

Postby marky No.1 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:34 pm

I think its fair to say that , as it stands with injuries, we have actually gone backwards in the transfer window
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby black morse » Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:20 pm

marky No.1 wrote:I think its fair to say that , as it stands with injuries, we have actually gone backwards in the transfer window

Definitely but I'm sure Jim has tried his best.
black morse

Postby redrobo » Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:53 pm

Possibly one more addition before window closes.... :?:

No names been given but JB sounded confident on Radio Lancashire a few minutes ago BUT as he said he's had a number of deals agreed and then they all fell through. here's hoping that this one works out.

Striker... :?: :?: :?:
redrobo

Postby Posh » Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:06 pm

Believe Dagnall was an agreed deal before something went wrong. Bury friend said it was a done deal a couple of weeks ago.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby Pandashrimp » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:49 pm

Duffman wrote:Maybe Jim should take a look at the development squad. Adrian Flaque who scored 18 goals in 21 games has just signed with a second division Spanish side. In the past 6 months Leif Davis has left to join Leeds and, another striker, Oliver Crankshaw has signed for Wigan.

Can't argue with this. Certainly worth a look
Pandashrimp

Postby paschahound » Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:11 am

http://d3d4football.com/ranked-every-le ... -business/

Not a bad window at all according to this
paschahound

Postby Slanester » Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:44 am

[list=][/list]
paschahound wrote:http://d3d4football.com/ranked-every-league-two-clubs-january-business/

Not a bad window at all according to this

Interesting read, thanks.
" Jim Bentley continues to turn water into wine..................."
Slanester

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:29 pm

marky No.1 wrote:Matt Green could be on his way to Salford, who have put in a 'substantial' offer.
The window doesn't apply to them, literally in a different League to us, they really are going for it.

Having grabbed his 2 1/2 year deal at Salford, they have released him with 2 years left :o

£££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Freez » Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:22 pm

Signed two year deal at Grimsby!! That was quick!
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Postby Bare bum » Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:41 pm

Quick drying paint

Matt Green :roll:
A lilo, almost as nice as a puppy
Bare bum

Postby BerlinWaller » Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:11 pm

https://www.cheshire-live.co.uk/sport/f ... ssion=true

Rejected us to stay at Chester apparently
BerlinWaller

Postby black morse » Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:15 pm

BerlinWaller wrote:https://www.cheshire-live.co.uk/sport/football/anthony-dudley-rejected-more-money-16432029.amp?__twitter_impression=true

Rejected us to stay at Chester apparently

Good to see a young man rate his enjoyment at a club above the call of money.
black morse

Postby BerlinWaller » Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:31 pm

Carlisle rumoured to be interested in Rhys Oates
BerlinWaller

Postby MRScaleHall » Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:37 pm

I’ve seen a rumour that Garry Liddle from Carlisle might be coming to us on twitter
MRScaleHall

Postby Little Shrimp » Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:44 pm

MRScaleHall wrote:I’ve seen a rumour that Garry Liddle from Carlisle might be coming to us on twitter

Second rumour I’ve seen recently about us looking to sign a 30+ year old centre back. Really hope these rumours aren’t true. Will likely take up a decent wage that could be put to better use elsewhere. We already have two 30+ centre backs in Old and Sutton, surely we don’t need any more? Especially with Lavelle and now Brewitt, and Brownsword coming through as a highly rated youngster. Our money would be much better used elsewhere imo.
Little Shrimp

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion