Transfer Window soon

Transfer Window soon

Postby Andy D » Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:46 am

Not far off! Still in a relegation battle remember!

Attack) surly we dont need anymore! who's going to supply them all?

Midfield) could do with looking at, Fleming who was on fire is out, Tutte keeps breaking down, the midfield is a concern.

Defence) seems to be getting settled, is Yarney a season long lone?
Andy D

Re: Transfer Window soon

Postby Seasider9601 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:02 am

Andy D wrote: is Yarney a season long lone?

Til January I think wasn't it ?
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby Crazeenick » Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:30 am

I agree that Midfield should be the priority.

Let's hope Jim is able to bring in a new face or two to give us a bit of impetus.

How far away from fitness is Fleming?
Crazeenick

Postby marky No.1 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:49 am

Matt Green could be on his way to Salford, who have put in a 'substantial' offer.
The window doesn't apply to them, literally in a different League to us, they really are going for it.
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:00 am

Jim mentioned something at the forum about decisions to be made soon on loanees so apart from Yarney who else is on loan until January ?

My preference would be assuming Florent Cuvelier proves his fitness I would contract him to the end of the season to cover for Fleming and Tutte.

I would like to see an out and out winger/wide player come in to give us some pace down the sides.
Gone_Shrimping

Postby redrobo » Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:48 am

For me a midfield 'enforcer' in the mould of our much missed Yard Dog Grimshaw is just what we need. With Cranston a relevation in midfield we need someone with a wee bit of steel just in front of our defence. An additional wide man who is excellent at providing crosses into the box would be my next preference. No need for an additional striker although if an out and out goal poacher became availalbe then possibly him as well but not a priority.

Defence wise an additional defender would be nice but low on my priority list.

Priority is for a leader and tough guy in midfield who needs to be vocal.
redrobo

Postby Slanester » Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:15 pm

If Jim can bring in anybody, that can really add to the team in any area,(without rocking the boat,) for me can only be very positive. More strength in depth, for injury, rotation etc, must be good.
A couple of wins, however they come, giving that much needed confidence shot, and we already have the squad to do the job. That’s my take on it anyway. COYMS.
Slanester

Postby black morse » Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:21 pm

What we ought to be concerned about is whether we might lose some of our better players :(
black morse

Postby Andy D » Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:39 pm

black morse wrote:What we ought to be concerned about is whether we might lose some of our better players :(

Lavelle must be out most valuable asset, be dissipointed if we got less than £500.000 for him, such a bright future for the young Man.
Andy D

Postby black morse » Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:40 pm

Didn't we lose Redshaw in the January transfer window and it took Jim by surprise?
black morse

Postby black morse » Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:41 pm

Andy D wrote:
black morse wrote:What we ought to be concerned about is whether we might lose some of our better players :(

Lavelle must be out most valuable asset, be dissipointed if we got less than £500.000 for him, such a bright future for the young Man.

We'd then need to replace him and probably wouldn't get much of the cash raised for new player(s).
black morse

Postby Slanester » Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:46 pm

Andy D wrote:

You fellas are absolutely right, and unfortunately, he will move onward and upward.
Slanester

Postby Andy D » Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:48 pm

Crazeenick wrote:
How far away from fitness is Fleming?

Not for sure, Only remember when Fleming got injured everyone saying it was a bad injury.
Andy D

Postby redrobo » Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:06 pm

Andy D wrote:

Most certainly he will move on at some time but he's under contract until the end of this season at least and it's quite possible Jim wants to extend his deal. Sam's father is his agent I presume and he might think that another season with us would be better for his development however he may also think that we should be entitled to a real fee for him rather than peanuts and would be prepared to let his son sign another deal with us.....wishful thinking on my part.... :?: :?: :?:
redrobo

Postby Slanester » Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:18 pm

redrobo wrote:
Andy D wrote:

Most certainly he will move on at some time but he's under contract until the end of this season at least and it's quite possible Jim wants to extend his deal. Sam's father is his agent I presume and he might think that another season with us would be better for his development however he may also think that we should be entitled to a real fee for him rather than peanuts and would be prepared to let his son sign another deal with us.....wishful thinking on my part.... :?: :?: :?:

Really hope you are right rr. ( obviously don’t mean the bit about Sam being at Morecambe under contract until the end of the season.) Only time will tell.
Slanester

Postby Andy D » Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:50 pm

Thought we'd tied Lavelle down on a 2yr deal :o

i was told Jim brought up at the recent Forum that he'd like to give longer contracts out.

I suspect a lot of it will be out of Jim's hands and its a case of here's a list of players i want and how much money can i have to offer them?
Andy D

Postby Freez » Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:55 pm

I think you are right Andy, Sam is on a two year deal as I remember. Flemo could be back in the New Year too, so hopefully things looking up.
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Postby Slanester » Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:00 pm

Yep, checked, definitely a 2yr deal to 19/20. That’s great.
Slanester

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:31 pm

Andy D wrote:Thought we'd tied Lavelle down on a 2yr deal :o

i was told Jim brought up at the recent Forum that he'd like to give longer contracts out.

I suspect a lot of it will be out of Jim's hands and its a case of here's a list of players i want and how much money can i have to offer them?

He signed his 2 year extension in the week leading up to the Coventry game.
Gone_Shrimping

Postby marky No.1 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:05 pm

Sam Lavelle: Morecambe defender signs new two-year contract at the Globe Arena - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43912127
marky No.1

Postby redrobo » Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:42 pm

Also it was said that there would be a wages increase as well which at this stage of the season must be a first for the club to make such a commitment so early.

Hopefully those who Jimbo wants to keep will react in a positive way.
redrobo

Postby Andy D » Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:32 pm

Makes sense looking for another L/B only got Conlan and keep Cranston in midfield where he's impressive.

Bury L/B Joe Skarz who's always looked steady playing against us is on loan at Halifax, and still only 29yrs old, somebody like him would do nicely.

Oh and Tutte could give us a good word ;)
Andy D

Postby fulwoodshrimp » Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:25 am

If funds are as low as they seem then I am afraid one or two players will be leaving us! I wonder if Lavelle will be a target and Cranston's form in mid-field must make him an attractive target. If the club is struggling to pay the players wages then we are unlikely to commit much money to any incoming player.
fulwoodshrimp

Postby marky No.1 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:36 am

Now our bank is in the black and not in the red, the auto payment arrangements no longer take place (with fees of course), so we are simply not used to it as the parameters have changed. Its not that there is no money in the pot, its the lack of someone somewhere not transferring the money into the players wages pot
marky No.1

Postby Andy D » Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:06 pm

Noticed Jason Kennedy Carlisle, a play maker who's very popular with Carlisle Fans made his first return in 12 months against us as a subtitute his wanting game time and his contract is up in the Summer.

Also noticed Jim making a point of going out of his way to shake his hand before the game, and when he came on had the Craic with Ellison, might be worth asking if we can have him on loan. ;)

Good player, 32yrs old, but still a good passer!
Andy D

Next

Return to General Discussion