Current Squad (updated squad list for 22/23)

Re: Current Squad

Postby marky No.1 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:13 pm

Cant grumble about a small squad now.
How do we keep all these forwards happy, was hoping we had found a decent formula and were going to get a bit of stability.
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Freez » Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:18 pm

We have, hopefully, but Vadaine isn’t the answer if Oswell gets injured, so maybe Pigott is???
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Postby marky No.1 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:24 pm

He scored in the 2nd minute for Wimbledon the other night against West Ham, then was shortly after subbed as they had a player sent off
marky No.1

Postby Freez » Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:21 pm

Aye different player, Wombles signed that Joe Pigott from Maidstone in the Conference but he did play in the league for Southend and Cambridge but they let him go.
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Postby marky No.1 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:19 pm

Freez wrote:Aye different player, Wombles signed that Joe Pigott from Maidstone in the Conference but he did play in the league for Southend and Cambridge but they let him go.

Oops! Does Jim know
marky No.1

Postby Doonhamer » Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:19 pm

Looking at the squad only one change needed a new manager.
Doonhamer

Postby al1 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:25 pm

I agree with Doonhamer!
al1

Postby RapidShrimp » Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:38 am

al1 wrote:I agree with Doonhamer!

If you don’t agree, even partly that Jim isn’t tactically good, there’s something wrong in there :lol:

It’s all the players fault!! They should take the responsibility and train themselves!! :lol: :roll:
Jim is the perfect man for the job, not like we could get anyone else in, because who would want to manage us? (a lot of managers who are out of jobs :roll: )
And anyway, that Einstein bloke was clearly wrong, as we’ve seen with our great results, using some of the same dreadful players/tactics over and over really do get us results! (That’s if you want to get pummelled every week of course!)

Seriously though, Jim will never get sacked as long as we have the same board above him, no matter how loved they are by a select few on here, the thousands of casual fans/fans who turn up to see the game rather than chat in the boxes, don’t care about friendliness amongst the higher-ups, they want to see results (perfromances help, but the casual fan looks at a defeat on tinternet and thinks “why should I bother turning up, when they’re near the bottom of the league and still losing most home games”), and results is what determines attendances, and ultimately success in the division. The only way we will achieve this is saying bye bye to a certain individual(s).
RapidShrimp

Postby redrobo » Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:48 am

Everybody is quick to lay all the blame on Jim, I wonder if it goes a bit deeper than that and that his assistant has to accept some responsibility for 'in play' tactics.

:?:
redrobo

Postby RapidShrimp » Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:55 am

redrobo wrote:Everybody is quick to lay all the blame on Jim, I wonder if it goes a bit deeper than that and that his assistant has to accept some responsibility for 'in play' tactics.

At the end of the day, Jim is the figurehead of the mangement staff - he is the one who directs his team around, and considering Ken majorly focuses on fitness work, I’d say Jim is the main culprit (obviously I could be very wrong, but I doubt an ASSISTANT manager is the main cause of our poor results/performances).
After all, Ken is much more vocal on the touchline than Jim, especially when we’re losing and Everton are playing! :lol: :o :o
RapidShrimp

Postby redrobo » Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:57 pm

RapidShrimp wrote:
redrobo wrote:Everybody is quick to lay all the blame on Jim, I wonder if it goes a bit deeper than that and that his assistant has to accept some responsibility for 'in play' tactics.

At the end of the day, Jim is the figurehead of the mangement staff - he is the one who directs his team around, and considering Ken majorly focuses on fitness work, I’d say Jim is the main culprit (obviously I could be very wrong, but I doubt an ASSISTANT manager is the main cause of our poor results/performances).
After all, Ken is much more vocal on the touchline than Jim, especially when we’re losing and Everton are playing! :lol: :o :o

Only my observations but sometimes his encouragement from the touchline could be more confusing than helpful and again my thoughts only but I wonder if it has a negative effect on those he targets?
redrobo

Postby BerlinWaller » Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:10 pm

redrobo wrote:
RapidShrimp wrote:

Only my observations but sometimes his encouragement from the touchline could be more confusing than helpful and again my thoughts only but I wonder if it has a negative effect on those he targets?

Have you had your telling off? Your posts have more contradictions in then they have ever had!
BerlinWaller

Postby RapidShrimp » Fri May 31, 2019 9:46 am

Here’s our current squad situation. Players in bold are signed up for next season, with the number in brackets indicating the remaining length of their contract at the start of the 2019/20 campiagn. (1/2) indicates that there is a possibility of an extra season’s contract on top of the minimum 1 year deal. Players with ? have not yet signed a further deal with the Shrimps but an offer is on the table. Also, it’s necessary to note that most players are currently on holiday so many more extensions aren’t likely to be confirmed soon.

Roche (?)
Halstead (?)

Old (1)
Lavelle (1)
Brownsword (1)
Sutton (1)

Conlan (?)
Cranston (?)
Mills (?)

Tutte (1)
Kenyon (?)
Wildig (?)
Fleming (1/2)
Jagne (1)
Mendes Gomes (1)

Leitch-Smith (2)
Ellison (?)
Oates (1)
Howard (1/2)
Hawley (1)

Collins (?)

Richie Bennett and Liam Mandeville both have been released by their parent clubs so are available on a free transfer! However, Piero Mingoia, Paul McKay and Sam Dalby still have a year remaining on their contracts at Accy, Cardiff and Leeds respectively.
RapidShrimp

Postby redrobo » Fri May 31, 2019 10:51 am

I hope that young forward striker Kyle Hawley gets an opportunity to stake his claim for a first team place this season. He's got a lot of potential and certainly has the stature to be no push over in games at a higher level.

From the games I've seen him play in the reserves he gets better and better every game.

He's raw and has a lot to learn but potentially he has the ability to become a very good central striker. one thing for sure opposing centre backs will know that they have been in a game against him.
redrobo

Postby Little Shrimp » Fri May 31, 2019 11:03 am

If the Stockton rumours are true, then I'd presume we're not in it for Bennett any more. If Hawley is progressing well, then maybe it's time for him to step up and be the 'big man up top' understudy for whichever Bennett/Stockton type we manage sign?

Presume Dalby's off the table but I'm assuming Jim wouldn't mind a deal for Mingoia, and maybe McKay since he gave him a couple of games at the end of the season? Would all depend, of course, on wether the managers at their respective clubs view them as surplus to requirement or not, maybe a mutual termination of contract etc.
Little Shrimp

Postby redrobo » Fri May 31, 2019 11:18 am

Little Shrimp wrote:If the Stockton rumours are true, then I'd presume we're not in it for Bennett any more. If Hawley is progressing well, then maybe it's time for him to step up and be the 'big man up top' understudy for whichever Bennett/Stockton type we manage sign?

Presume Dalby's off the table but I'm assuming Jim wouldn't mind a deal for Mingoia, and maybe McKay since he gave him a couple of games at the end of the season? Would all depend, of course, on wether the managers at their respective clubs view them as surplus to requirement or not, maybe a mutual termination of contract etc.

Totally agree.

For me I would prefer to see Stockton as our man up top with AJ alongside and if possible Collins playing out wide but coming inside as we say him do numerous times last season.

Young Kyle would be an excellent addition on match days coming on after 60 minutes to learn his trade and to offer something a wee bit different up top.

Although Stockton has had a bit of a chequered past of late, it looks to me as he's that type of player that JB and Co can harvest his potential more than other manages have been able to do so.
redrobo

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Fri May 31, 2019 11:59 am

I would like to see Hawley loaned out no lower than Conference North to see how he hacks it when thuggish centre halves are pulling and pushing him.
Gone_Shrimping

Postby black morse » Fri May 31, 2019 12:31 pm

Jim must value the lad and either see him as a first team sub or as money in the bank in future like Leif Davis who, it seems, is valued by Leeds at 4 million!!!!
black morse

Postby redrobo » Fri May 31, 2019 3:25 pm

Well the fans are doing their bit, it's now up to JB and Co to deliver a successful season.
redrobo

Postby black morse » Fri May 31, 2019 4:39 pm

redrobo wrote:Well the fans are doing their bit, it's now up to JB and Co to deliver a successful season.

A bit simplistic? 'JB & Co' can only deliver a 'successful' season if he can afford to bring in (or even keep) the players he wants. Additionally.....what is 'a successful season'?
black morse

Postby redrobo » Fri May 31, 2019 4:52 pm

black morse wrote:
redrobo wrote:Well the fans are doing their bit, it's now up to JB and Co to deliver a successful season.

A bit simplistic? 'JB & Co' can only deliver a 'successful' season if he can afford to bring in (or even keep) the players he wants. Additionally.....what is 'a successful season'?

A successful season in my eyes is one where we do not have to endure another season of fighting relegation.

A mid table place would be a welcome change....but a promotion chasing one would be so much better.

Plus of course an FA cup run to bring some money into the coffers.
redrobo

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Fri May 31, 2019 5:00 pm

If we have a squad anything like we finished last season with (although I think we may lose a couple) then I would think a successful season would be anything from 12th position upwards.
Gone_Shrimping

Postby Westgate Wanderer » Fri May 31, 2019 7:18 pm

black morse wrote:

Aparantly it is finishing 3rd from bottom! Any higher is a bonus
Don't worry be happy!
Westgate Wanderer

Postby Slanester » Fri May 31, 2019 7:45 pm

Westgate Wanderer wrote:
black morse wrote:

Aparantly it is finishing 3rd from bottom! Any higher is a bonus

Not if you are the bookies. We are favourites to get relegated again next season. Looking forward to another “feck you,” to them, and showing what MFC are all about, AGAIN. COYS.
Slanester

Postby Andy D » Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:05 am

Is it me?

But I can just picture Ken McKenna going into his back Garden trying to enjoy a short break off this summer and then sitting down putting his feet up and reading this going off it!!! :lol:
Andy D

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion