Put Up Or Shut Up

Put Up Or Shut Up

Postby thedoc » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:41 pm

There was an appeal from a bloke from something called d3d4football.com on this site last week asking for volunteers to provide match reports which they can either publish or – more likely – use in their apparently weekly podcasts about Leagues One and Two. I thought people would be falling over themselves to do this (says he facetiously); particularly those uniquely creative individuals among us who constantly snipe at anyone else who is brave or foolish enough to stick their head above the parapet to try to increase the profile of Morecambe Football Club by actually writing about it. But guess what? Nobody has come forward. So I’ve offered to share the reports I do for Vital football and this is the reply I have received from them:

“That would be great. Would you also be able to provide a photo or two that I can include in the report. I am looking for some shots from outside the ground of things that perhaps encapsulate lower league football.

Thank you for getting back to me. I look forward to including your reports on D3D4Football.com
Please spread the word about our website and podcast amongst your fellow fans.

kind regards,

James Richards”

I’m working all this weekend and will have little time to compile a report about the Chesterfield game let alone go there to comment on the experience. I intend to mention the parallel lives Spire-ite and Shrimps’ supporters have had: the move from Saltergate to their new home in their case and Christie Park to the Globe in ours and the dire circumstances particularly they find themselves in; the link between the Clubs and particularly the Barry Roche connection (I remember Baz repeatedly punching Wayne Curtis in the back at corner kicks when the ref wasn’t looking at Christie Park when the big Irishman was still on their books for instance). But what do we think about it collectively? What sort of photos actually `encapsulate lower league football’? Send me some to illustrate the article – my contact details are on this site. If you’re going tomorrow, why not say what happened? The early start; crappy pies; smelly Gents; crap beer – or precisely the opposite - or whatever it is you actually experience as a Shrimps’ supporter. Why not? All contributors and contributions will be attributed.

I have no idea what the deadlines are but the only way to find out if this is a worthwhile challenge is to do it, isn’t it? I expect to send whatever I come up with on Sunday night. All contributions will be welcome...
thedoc

Return to General Discussion