Conversion

Conversion

Postby Blackburn shrimp » Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:28 pm

Cant wait for the new season i am a recent convert to the shrimps having followed Blackburn all my life but i have given up on the couldnt care less attitude towards the fans and found it totaly refreshing to travel up to Christie park and be amongst passionate football fans and not people jumping on the premier league bandwagon. great to see players enjoying playing the game and mixing freely with the fans unlike some who cant or wont even find time to sign an autograph for young kids. So keep the faith shrimp fans and bring on more sucess next season :)
Blackburn shrimp

Re: Conversion

Postby Why no t » Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:47 pm

Blackburn shrimp wrote:Cant wait for the new season i am a recent convert to the shrimps having followed Blackburn all my life but i have given up on the couldnt care less attitude towards the fans and found it totaly refreshing to travel up to Christie park and be amongst passionate football fans and not people jumping on the premier league bandwagon. great to see players enjoying playing the game and mixing freely with the fans unlike some who cant or wont even find time to sign an autograph for young kids. So keep the faith shrimp fans and bring on more sucess next season :)

Welcome to the family.
Life without football is.......
Why no t

Postby Blackburn shrimp » Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:51 pm

Thank you its great being along for the ride, is this now the only chat room to find out whats happening at the club not much gets through to us south off Lancaster
Blackburn shrimp

Postby morecambe mick » Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:57 pm

Blackburn shrimp wrote:Thank you its great being along for the ride, is this now the only chat room to find out whats happening at the club not much gets through to us south off Lancaster

Could this be the first sly dig at Radio East Lancs?

:lol: :lol:

Welcome to the family, all are welcome. The latest of many converts.
morecambe mick

Postby Blackburn shrimp » Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:09 pm

All that is needed is a more direct route into town Lancaster is a real nightmare to get through any sugestions on a better way to the ground would be appreciated
Blackburn shrimp

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:50 am

Blackburn shrimp wrote:All that is needed is a more direct route into town Lancaster is a real nightmare to get through any sugestions on a better way to the ground would be appreciated

Welcome aboard has Mr. Ince been the last straw? If you want to avoid Lancaster centre then you have 2 choices really - Carry on the M6 north to Junction 35 and visit sunny Carnforth :D then head back on the A6 and along the promenade to Morecambe, this adds a few miles on but as you say lancaster is a nightmare - a tip once you get used to the journey is to use the back road through Nether Kellet directly off the M6 sliproad as this will avoid the Tesco traffic lights which is Carnforth's nightmare! Alternatively, but you would really need to know your journey, would be to come off at J34 at Lancaster but turn RIGHT at the sliproad and nip across the river on a very narrow bridge at Denny Beck and through Caton/Torrisholme. I would'nt suggest this route to everybody as all our fans will make the bridge collapse - particularly if 13,000 from Bratfud use it :lol: :lol:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Harry » Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:20 pm

marky No.1 wrote:
Blackburn shrimp wrote:All that is needed is a more direct route into town Lancaster is a real nightmare to get through any sugestions on a better way to the ground would be appreciated

Welcome aboard has Mr. Ince been the last straw? If you want to avoid Lancaster centre then you have 2 choices really - Carry on the M6 north to Junction 35 and visit sunny Carnforth :D then head back on the A6 and along the promenade to Morecambe, this adds a few miles on but as you say lancaster is a nightmare - a tip once you get used to the journey is to use the back road through Nether Kellet directly off the M6 sliproad as this will avoid the Tesco traffic lights which is Carnforth's nightmare! Alternatively, but you would really need to know your journey, would be to come off at J34 at Lancaster but turn RIGHT at the sliproad and nip across the river on a very narrow bridge at Denny Beck and through Caton/Torrisholme. I would'nt suggest this route to everybody as all our fans will make the bridge collapse - particularly if 13,000 from Bratfud use it :lol: :lol:

Actually turn left, coming from the south :P
Harry

Postby Keith » Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:35 am

Harry wrote:
marky No.1 wrote:Alternatively, but you would really need to know your journey, would be to come off at J34 at Lancaster but turn RIGHT at the sliproad and nip across the river on a very narrow bridge at Denny Beck and through Caton/Torrisholme.

Actually turn left, coming from the south :P

Good spot!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:59 am

"Actually turn left, coming from the south"

:| ssssshhhhhh remember that bridge ( i wondered why i've had funny looks when i pulled off the slip road in my left hand drive) :roll: !
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby shrimper » Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:05 pm

Slightly off at a tangent but I was driving the family into Lancaster at the weekend and my youngest (Tess) started saying "I'm sitting on the same side as mummy" (she was behind the passenger seat). Second youngest (Lilian) then said "And I'm sitting behind daddy". Bit more to-ing and fro-ing then little 'un (clearly wanting to wind the other un up) says: "I'm nearest the pavement". Taking the bait, Lils said "Aww I want to be near the pavement". Bit of arguing and moaning ensued with Lils squirming about in her fixed child-seat, trying to move over.
Then Mrs Shrimper said: "Sit still, you will be next to the pavement on the way back."
There was a moment of reflection, with me just staring quietly and smiling at her as she looked at me as if to say "What?" before I asked: "Why, are we coming back via Spain?"
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby Posh » Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:19 pm

shrimper wrote:Slightly off at a tangent but I was driving the family into Lancaster at the weekend and my youngest (Tess) started saying "I'm sitting on the same side as mummy" (she was behind the passenger seat). Second youngest (Lilian) then said "And I'm sitting behind daddy". Bit more to-ing and fro-ing then little 'un (clearly wanting to wind the other un up) says: "I'm nearest the pavement". Taking the bait, Lils said "Aww I want to be near the pavement". Bit of arguing and moaning ensued with Lils squirming about in her fixed child-seat, trying to move over.
Then Mrs Shrimper said: "Sit still, you will be next to the pavement on the way back."
There was a moment of reflection, with me just staring quietly and smiling at her as she looked at me as if to say "What?" before I asked: "Why, are we coming back via Spain?"

You could have driven on the other side of the road in the one-way system. :geek:
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby Phoenix » Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:26 pm

You could have driven on the other side of the road in the one-way system.

Like the far end of Victoria Street, where Shrimper works?
Phoenix

Postby parceldave » Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:27 pm

Phoenix wrote:
You could have driven on the other side of the road in the one-way system.

Like the far end of Victoria Street, where Shrimper works?

Just park right outside where he works and the pavement is on both sides :lol:
parceldave

Postby parceldave » Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:29 pm

Blackburn shrimp wrote:Cant wait for the new season i am a recent convert to the shrimps having followed Blackburn all my life but i have given up on the couldnt care less attitude towards the fans and found it totaly refreshing to travel up to Christie park and be amongst passionate football fans and not people jumping on the premier league bandwagon. great to see players enjoying playing the game and mixing freely with the fans unlike some who cant or wont even find time to sign an autograph for young kids. So keep the faith shrimp fans and bring on more sucess next season :)

More success , we'll still be in this league by the time i reach 50 . Any bets
parceldave

Postby Paul Mac » Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:13 am

parceldave wrote:

Yup. Like Dave says. We'll still be in this league next year! :D
Where are my trainers?
Beidh ár lá linn
Paul Mac

Postby parceldave » Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:38 pm

Paul Mac wrote:
parceldave wrote:

Yup. Like Dave says. We'll still be in this league next year! :D
Where are my trainers?

Not even that long , this Saturday mate but im sneeking off to Finland to see my girlfriend and celebrate with her. Dont know about trainers i dont cover La 4 5s anymore but i will have a look for you tomorrow. :)
parceldave

Postby 4G63 » Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:22 pm

parceldave wrote:sneeking off to Finland to see my girlfriend

Fair play, now that's what you call long distance :lol:
4G63

Postby shrimper » Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:35 pm

Posh wrote:
shrimper wrote:Slightly off at a tangent but I was driving the family into Lancaster at the weekend and my youngest (Tess) started saying "I'm sitting on the same side as mummy" (she was behind the passenger seat). Second youngest (Lilian) then said "And I'm sitting behind daddy". Bit more to-ing and fro-ing then little 'un (clearly wanting to wind the other un up) says: "I'm nearest the pavement". Taking the bait, Lils said "Aww I want to be near the pavement". Bit of arguing and moaning ensued with Lils squirming about in her fixed child-seat, trying to move over.

You could have driven on the other side of the road in the one-way system. :geek:

LOL! :lol: She could have said that and slapped me down.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby parceldave » Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:06 pm

4G63 wrote:

But she's worth it :D :D :D
parceldave

Postby 4G63 » Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:46 am

parceldave wrote:
4G63 wrote:

But she's worth it :D :D :D

If she's like other Scandinavian ladies, then most certainly is!
4G63

Return to General Discussion