v Gills

v Gills

Postby Christies Child » Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:43 pm

Not very good.

Too many high balls when playing it on the deck could have been more productive.

Other than Stanners shot, can't recall any other in anger from EITHER side.

Giils must be the worst time wasting team seen at CP for many a season. Too often they took pressure off themselves by faking injury.

As for Sammy Mc's tactics......'What tactics....??????'

We never put their centre backs under any pressure, prefering to play wide of them.

Gills are no great shakes and other than their goal did sod all.....but still enough to beat a team apparently devoid of any ideas.

Too often we play the ball backwards instead of a forward pass.....but what's new?

Good to see Matty given 20 minutes.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Re: v Gills

Postby George Dawes » Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:00 pm

yeah good to see O'Carrol & Matty get a run out, and Twiss showed class at times needs more games under his belt

but that was about it..
George Dawes

Postby parkyboy » Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:51 pm

Just got back to Yeadon , what a waste of time and money i felt it was today . There has been talk last week on the forum about the transfer embargo and the fact that we have to ship playersoff the books before the embargo is lifted,well on todays showing there at least 5 who should go , they are WAINWRIGHT, ARTELL, ADAMS MCLACHLAN and O,CARROLL plus TAYLOR is not ready for div 2 football ,We
just havent the bulk of a team to make a real effort in this league and need every player to contribute .
parkyboy

Postby Wild Bill » Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:12 pm

Really hope we can have a proper clear-out in the summer because our squad is too big and flabby in my opinion.

We seem to have at least a couple of players for each position, with plenty of options to change things but no one who can really turn a game. Today we had lots of attacking subs who created precious little.

The difference between us and the Gills was pace upfront and organisation at the back. Their No21 was a real handful until he went off and they also had a couple of tricky widemen. Do we even have a proper winger in our squad?

Being a small club I think we need to chance it a bit with a small squad including some home bred youngsters like Taylor who can hopefully push-on next season. Sign-up a couple of quality players like Rene Howe and ship out the over-rated old pros like Adams, Fraser, Artel, Wainwright, and dare I even say Twiss and Bentley :o and see how we go. Its going to be tough but hopefully we can hang on to our league status for when we move home.
Wild Bill

Postby parkyboy » Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:18 pm

Twiss and Bentley also Yates Stanley Howe and Roche were the best of a bad bunch today
parkyboy

Postby Aal » Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:23 pm

Thought that Twiss and Yates at least played well for us. Rest of them disappointing.

However I agree that Gillingham were the worst time wasters i've seen for a while. Makes you think that they had practised their time wasting routines on the training pitch. Also the guy who got subbed near the end managed the slowest 'run' I've seen since I ran the 800m at school in 1982....lol
Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all
Aal

Postby P/T Indie » Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:34 pm

I normally like fraser he does so much that a lot of people don't see and covers every blade of grass and when he doesn't play we will notice his contribution more but today I am afraid he had a mare his passing was way off and he was at fault for the first goal. They got past him to easily and he was far to slow trying to catch up to the man.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Return to General Discussion