Jim Bentley Out

Re: Jim Bentley Out

Postby Seasider9601 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:53 pm

Good point.

Pretty sure Queen of the South have one similar too.
Never forget your history
User avatar
Seasider9601
 
Posts: 12040
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2008 6:25 pm
Location: LA5

Re: Jim Bentley Out

Postby BerlinWaller » Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:15 pm

redrobo wrote:With regards to the often asked question of who could do a better job than JB under the current situation, I have repeatable put the name of Gary Bowyer forward as a more than suitable alternative having had the nightmare of managing Blackpool under the ownership of the Oyston and the well documented lack of suitable training facilities, in fact I'd go as far as to say that our current training facilities at Turners Field, although far from perfect are significantly better than those of Blackpool at Squires Gate.

Nobody actually knows the CURRENT playing budget at our club other than the Board and JB as this has never been published but it is rumoured to be the lowest in EFL2 which given the type of player we can attract (ie those with a record of injury or a significant loss of form at previous clubs) JB to his credit does at times work miracles by keeping us in the league but that is at the expense of entertainment in my opinion which has seen a fall of attendances on a regular basis.

For me JB has been with us too long for his own good and whilst their is no guarantee that a new manager would improve things, is it acceptable that year on year we have to suffer the daunting prospect of a relegation battle often coming so close to the drop that it's possible that one year we will fall from grace?

Surely a new manager such as GB with new ideas, new contacts and a new approach would be worth considering....or do we just have to accept that year on year we have to look forward to yet another season of life on the edge of relegation and all that that would bring :?: :?: :?:

As for the constant reference to the Globe, I have been reliably informed that we had been issued with a time directive by the EFL and that unless we made very costly improvements to Christie Park including the demolishing of the old stand due to the asbestos problem that we would be kicked out of the EFL and that the finances involved with such a huge total ground redevelopment would have proved beyond the financial capabilities of the former owner and the Board at the time and that the move to The Globe on the back of the Sainsburys money was the only option to guarantee EFL status.


GB appointed Bratfud City manager yesterday
BerlinWaller
 
Posts: 1423
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:42 am

Re: Jim Bentley Out

Postby BerlinWaller » Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:17 pm

Seasider9601 wrote:Good point.

Pretty sure Queen of the South have one similar too.


QoS play under a different football association so there may be differing regulations regarding Football Stadia.
BerlinWaller
 
Posts: 1423
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:42 am

Re: Jim Bentley Out

Postby Ntini » Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:24 pm

The problem on both sides of the argument is that the basis for your judgement is likely to differ.

To use Keith as an example (as I know he won't mind!) as well as others, it's a simple matter of FL status versus budget. Jim has therefore, no matter how close we've come to relegation, achieved what he needs to on the budget he has available. And therefore he's the best person to continue delivering on that 'success'.

For others, such as Al1 (hoping he won't mind!), it's about what happens on the pitch week in, week out. Home form, negative tactics, and players out of position has meant that Jim has failed in the way he has managed the team.

For me, I feel you have to credit Jim with our League status and bringing in some quality players over the years. However, I have to agree with a lot of the negatives that have been highlighted, and the worry for me is that these may inevitably lead to us losing our L2 status. Either way, I don't feel now is the time for a change and we need to park this until the end of the season.
HOWAY THE SHRIMPS!!!!!

On topic(ish) and proud!
User avatar
Ntini
 
Posts: 1122
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:37 pm
Location: Back home

Re: Jim Bentley Out

Postby redrobo » Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:43 pm

Just a follow on from my previous post, congrats to GB it's taken some time for him to return but was no doubt waiting for a suitable challenge. Actually I thought he was a dead ringer for the Rochdale job.. :o

As for the on going thoughts about Christie Park, i should have mentioned the local authority and its involvement in the argument regarding the enforced move. My understanding is that they got involved and stipulated their own conditions regrading the asbestos roof at CP and the need for urgent action to be taken to remove it which had a deadline for work to be completed as a condition otherwise a licence to carry on at the stadium was fast approaching the date for it to be revoked. That coupled with the finances involved for any redevelopment of CP to adhere to the requirements of the EFL proved impossible to be undertaken.
redrobo
 
Posts: 988
Joined: Mon May 14, 2018 10:23 am

Re: Jim Bentley Out

Postby BerlinWaller » Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:01 pm

redrobo wrote:Just a follow on from my previous post, congrats to GB it's taken some time for him to return but was no doubt waiting for a suitable challenge. Actually I thought he was a dead ringer for the Rochdale job.. :o

As for the on going thoughts about Christie Park, i should have mentioned the local authority and its involvement in the argument regarding the enforced move. My understanding is that they got involved and stipulated their own conditions regrading the asbestos roof at CP and the need for urgent action to be taken to remove it which had a deadline for work to be completed as a condition otherwise a licence to carry on at the stadium was fast approaching the date for it to be revoked. That coupled with the finances involved for any redevelopment of CP to adhere to the requirements of the EFL proved impossible to be undertaken.


Can't really knock the council as they flogged us the land on Westgate below market value and not forgetting the £250,000 10 year interest free loan for the new stand at CP. Still didn't stop PMG going cap in hand though.
BerlinWaller
 
Posts: 1423
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:42 am

Re: Jim Bentley Out

Postby Seasider9601 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:13 pm

redrobo wrote: congrats to GB it's taken some time for him to return but was no doubt waiting for a suitable challenge. Actually I thought he was a dead ringer for the Rochdale job.. :o



Barrow manager Ian Evatt is a front runner for the Dale I believe.
Never forget your history
User avatar
Seasider9601
 
Posts: 12040
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2008 6:25 pm
Location: LA5

Re: Jim Bentley Out

Postby BerlinWaller » Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:15 pm

Seasider9601 wrote:
redrobo wrote: congrats to GB it's taken some time for him to return but was no doubt waiting for a suitable challenge. Actually I thought he was a dead ringer for the Rochdale job.. :o



Barrow manager Ian Evatt is a front runner for the Dale I believe.


Been a manager for 5minutes yet still a preferred choice over the longest serving manager in the country? Speaks volumes.
BerlinWaller
 
Posts: 1423
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:42 am

Re: Jim Bentley Out

Postby Phil Anderer » Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:19 pm

Ntini wrote:The problem on both sides of the argument is that the basis for your judgement is likely to differ.

To use Keith as an example (as I know he won't mind!) as well as others, it's a simple matter of FL status versus budget. Jim has therefore, no matter how close we've come to relegation, achieved what he needs to on the budget he has available. And therefore he's the best person to continue delivering on that 'success'.

For others, such as Al1 (hoping he won't mind!), it's about what happens on the pitch week in, week out. Home form, negative tactics, and players out of position has meant that Jim has failed in the way he has managed the team.

For me, I feel you have to credit Jim with our League status and bringing in some quality players over the years. However, I have to agree with a lot of the negatives that have been highlighted, and the worry for me is that these may inevitably lead to us losing our L2 status. Either way, I don't feel now is the time for a change and we need to park this until the end of the season.


Uncomfortable on this fence, innit? ;)
The 3 rules of Fascism:
1. Make stuff up;
2. Scream it loudly;
3. Kill people.
(copyright Eddie Izzard)
User avatar
Phil Anderer
 
Posts: 2668
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:45 pm
Location: Wherever the music takes me

Re: Jim Bentley Out

Postby Keith » Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:54 pm

BerlinWaller wrote:
Seasider9601 wrote:Barrow manager Ian Evatt is a front runner for the Dale I believe.


Been a manager for 5minutes yet still a preferred choice over the longest serving manager in the country? Speaks volumes.


Cost of buying them out of their contracts?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
User avatar
Keith
Site Admin
 
Posts: 15146
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:39 pm
Location: Isle of Man

Re: Jim Bentley Out

Postby BerlinWaller » Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:20 pm

Keith wrote:
BerlinWaller wrote:
Seasider9601 wrote:Barrow manager Ian Evatt is a front runner for the Dale I believe.


Been a manager for 5minutes yet still a preferred choice over the longest serving manager in the country? Speaks volumes.


Cost of buying them out of their contracts?


If he is as good as you claim Keith, a sound investment no? 3 or 4 months managing in the Conference and already on a L1 club's radar. If Rochdale wanted Jim enough,.I am sure they would cut a deal. As I say, speaks volumes.
BerlinWaller
 
Posts: 1423
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:42 am

Re: Jim Bentley Out

Postby redrobo » Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:32 pm

For all we know maybe an approach for JB has already been made but Jim has remained loyal (once again :?: ) preferring to be at the head of the ship as we steer clear of the depths of non league.... :?: :?: :?:
redrobo
 
Posts: 988
Joined: Mon May 14, 2018 10:23 am

Re: Jim Bentley Out

Postby shrimpandseek2 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:36 pm

Negative play.
In game management does not exist.
Body language when we loosing.
Players in wrong positions.
Playing for draws game after game.
Excuses galore.

Fresh ideas needed. #JBOUT BENTLEY OUT.
shrimpandseek2
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:22 pm

Re: Jim Bentley Out

Postby Voiceoftheshrimps » Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:38 pm

Well say awell play for a draw every game.
Voiceoftheshrimps
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:25 pm

Re: Jim Bentley Out

Postby BerlinWaller » Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:46 pm

redrobo wrote:For all we know maybe an approach for JB has already been made but Jim has remained loyal (once again :?: ) preferring to be at the head of the ship as we steer clear of the depths of non league.... :?: :?: :?:


This may be true. Nobody can knock Jim's loyalty as a player or as a Manager. The fact he stuck around during the fiasco speaks volumes for him.
BerlinWaller
 
Posts: 1423
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:42 am

Re: Jim Bentley Out

Postby Keith » Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:31 pm

Voiceoftheshrimps wrote:Well say awell play for a draw every game.


Voiceoftheshrimps:

If you start another hilarious taxi for... or any other 'Jim out' threads, you will be leaving this forum. It takes me literally two clicks to remove a thread, so a lot less time than it takes for you to start it.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
User avatar
Keith
Site Admin
 
Posts: 15146
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:39 pm
Location: Isle of Man

Re: Jim Bentley Out

Postby Slanester » Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:35 pm

BerlinWaller wrote:
redrobo wrote:For all we know maybe an approach for JB has already been made but Jim has remained loyal (once again :?: ) preferring to be at the head of the ship as we steer clear of the depths of non league.... :?: :?: :?:


This may be true. Nobody can knock Jim's loyalty as a player or as a Manager. The fact he stuck around during the fiasco speaks volumes for him.
Slanester
 
Posts: 581
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:26 am

Re: Jim Bentley Out

Postby Voiceoftheshrimps » Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:36 pm

Very cheap fair go now
Attachments
IMG-20190305-WA0000.jpg
IMG-20190305-WA0000.jpg (75.93 KiB) Viewed 468 times
Voiceoftheshrimps
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:25 pm

Re: Jim Bentley Out

Postby RedRampage » Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:13 pm

if Jim was the messiah, people like kieth think he is , then why hasn't he been pinched from us by now? there have been plenty of jobs that he could have been offered! the fact is no one will touch him with a barge pole. his home record is shocking , as is his cup records! looks like we are stuck with him. :?

maybe he's holding out for the England or Everton job ?
Last edited by RedRampage on Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RedRampage
 
Posts: 128
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:18 am

Re: Jim Bentley Out

Postby RedRampage » Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:16 pm

I don't buy into this loyalty sh*t either!
RedRampage
 
Posts: 128
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:18 am

Re: Jim Bentley Out

Postby Keith » Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:17 pm

RedRampage wrote:then why hasn't he been pinched from us by now? there have been plenty of jobs that he could have been offered! the fact is no one will touch him with a barge pole.


Ah, so you're one of those 'in the know' people who get told stuff that the rest of don't know.

As you are in the know, spill the beans, which jobs has he applied for and not got? And who told you that he hadn't been approached? Thanks for sharing.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
User avatar
Keith
Site Admin
 
Posts: 15146
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:39 pm
Location: Isle of Man

Re: Jim Bentley Out

Postby RedRampage » Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:26 pm

I'm sure that if a "bigger"club with a higher budget, proper training facilities etc came in for Jim, he would have left by now!
RedRampage
 
Posts: 128
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:18 am

Re: Jim Bentley Out

Postby Seasider9601 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:34 pm

RedRampage wrote:I'm sure that if a "bigger"club with a higher budget, proper training facilities etc came in for Jim, he would have left by now!


What, you mean like how both Shrewsbury and Tranmere wanted him but he stayed loyal to us?
Never forget your history
User avatar
Seasider9601
 
Posts: 12040
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2008 6:25 pm
Location: LA5

Re: Jim Bentley Out

Postby mrpotatohead » Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:23 pm

The Graham Alexander story is codswollop, he was still playing football when Jim was appointed manager of Morecambe FC.
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
User avatar
mrpotatohead
 
Posts: 7631
Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:05 pm
Location: circus

Re: Jim Bentley Out

Postby BerlinWaller » Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:48 pm

Keith wrote:
RedRampage wrote:then why hasn't he been pinched from us by now? there have been plenty of jobs that he could have been offered! the fact is no one will touch him with a barge pole.


Ah, so you're one of those 'in the know' people who get told stuff that the rest of don't know.

As you are in the know, spill the beans, which jobs has he applied for and not got? And who told you that he hadn't been approached? Thanks for sharing.


Seasider knows he knocked back Tranmere and Shrews'.
BerlinWaller
 
Posts: 1423
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:42 am

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Castaway and 11 guests