Jim Bentley Out

Re: Bentley out

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:40 pm

;)

Saturday's game for me is massive. 1st home game where there will be a lot of Seaside interest on and off the pitch.
Management and players will be under the microscope - this game has to have a plan behind it otherwise the extra fans that attend will also not come back. I really hope we don't go out like a lame dog with a whimper

Sort it out, MFC... please!
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby shrimpnsave » Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:46 pm

marky No.1 wrote:;)

Sort it out, MFC... please!

Really, I think it will fall on deaf ears as always
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby KenH » Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:53 pm

marky No.1 wrote:Saturday's game for me is massive.

It is indeed. Hospitality is full. Potential for a lot of new faces and old supporters coming back to see a local derby against a big team (ex) like Blackpool. Could be one of the biggest crowds at the Globe!

Also potential for a lot of those never to come back again if they witness the same clueless kickabout on the pitch with the usual lack of a strategy. Even worse if (as has happened in big games in the past), the pies run out or the beer is warm, or there are massive queues to get in due to not enough staff on the gates!

Next Saturday, more than ever, every single player, all the management (on and off the pitch) and every employee needs to be at the top of their game and must make sure that all those who come to watch are given a reason to come back again.
KenH

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:12 pm

Agree completely KenH, just hope Shrimpnsaves statement above doesn't come true or else there will be 2 protests after the reaction I heard yesterday
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Keith » Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:29 pm

100% agree with Ken. Screw up next week on or off the pitch and we could be in for a really long season. We can still 'lose', we've no divine right to win a game of football, but the manner of the match is what's important.

PLEASE PLAY TWO UP FRONT!
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby RedRedWine » Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:28 am

Serious question. Changes needed to be made at the end of last season following a disasterous second half of the season.... but how long do you give it until you make other changes? 10 games?

I see we has broken a club record for consecutive games without keeping a clean sheet. I think we can all accept that we don't have the resources to go out and get the top players and that this season will be a struggle.... but at the end of the day you start each game 11v11 and we still have minimum standards. The minimum I expect is for our lads to look like they give a shit about the club and ultimatley their professional football careers, and play with a bit more passion and belief. Its so hard to even think that a Jim Bentley side doesn't have these qualities given the type of player he was us.
Hello! Hello! We are the Morecambe boys!
RedRedWine

Postby Shrimpy » Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:58 am

Genuine question, if we decided that sacking Jim was the best move do we / the club / the current board have the money to:

a) Pay up Jim & Ken's contracts
b) Pay for a new manager and assistant manager
c) Pay up the contracts of any current players that the new manager wants to ship out
d) Pay the wages of any new players the new manager wants

Personally I think the board haven't got a choice, they can't afford the costs that sacking Jim, hiring a new manager and paying for the inevitable upheaval to the playing squad that any new manager would want.
Shrimpy

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:04 am

Shrimpy wrote:Genuine question, if we decided that sacking Jim was the best move do we / the club / the current board have the money to:

a) Pay up Jim & Ken's contracts
b) Pay for a new manager and assistant manager
c) Pay up the contracts of any current players that the new manager wants to ship out
d) Pay the wages of any new players the new manager wants

Personally I think the board haven't got a choice, they can't afford the costs that sacking Jim, hiring a new manager and paying for the inevitable upheaval to the playing squad that any new manager would want.

For the current board of directors that's NO to all 4 questions.
Gone_Shrimping

Postby KenH » Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:05 am

Can they afford not to though? The continuing reductions in fans (and lower sales of pies, programmes, etc) and no doubt reduction in advertising/sponsorship, all arising from poor performances, will probably cost even more in lost revenue/profit.

Trouble is they've let things slide for too long and are now in a "desperation" stage. They should have taken steps to stem to losses (both financially and in attendances) 2/3/4 years ago. Instead, like Jim, the board have adopted a "hope and see" approach of not actually doing much to turn things around but just carrying on doing the same and hoping for the best that something will improve. 3 years ago, the accounts stated the directors had a 3 year plan to stem the losses, but in reality, nothing has happened, so their plan was clearly just based on hope rather than action, and of course, the losses have got bigger!
KenH

Postby Shrimpy » Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:18 am

KenH wrote:Can they afford not to though?

Well if they can't afford it, they can't afford it. You are speaking as if they are sat on a secret stash of money that they've kept behind in case of emergencies.
Shrimpy

Postby KenH » Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:09 am

Shrimpy wrote:

Well if they can't afford it, they can't afford it. You are speaking as if they are sat on a secret stash of money that they've kept behind in case of emergencies.

They'll have to find several hundred thousand pounds to cover the losses that the club WILL incur this season.

If Jim is as loyal to the club as everyone thinks, he'd do the honourable thing and negotiate a "walk away" settlement for the good of club, of an amount less than he's contractually entitled to, rather than insist on the full amount and risk him being the one who triggers the club's insolvency!
KenH

Postby Seasider9601 » Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:13 am

KenH wrote:
Shrimpy wrote:

They'll have to find several hundred thousand pounds to cover the losses that the club WILL incur this season.

If Jim is as loyal to the club as everyone thinks, he'd do the honourable thing and negotiate a "walk away" settlement for the good of club, of an amount less than he's contractually entitled to, rather than insist on the full amount and risk him being the one who triggers the club's insolvency!

So frankly Mr Shankly, we are bollocksed.
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby Shrimpy » Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:30 am

KenH wrote:
Shrimpy wrote:

Could say the same about the current chairman.
Shrimpy

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:40 am

If Jim is as loyal to the club as everyone thinks, he'd do the honourable thing and negotiate a "walk away" settlement for the good of club, of an amount less than he's contractually entitled to, rather than insist on the full amount and risk him being the one who triggers the club's insolvency![/quote]
Could say the same about the current chairman.[/quote]

The current chairman must realise that if the club drops to the Conference it is then worth Jack Shit.
Gone_Shrimping

Postby Seasider9601 » Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:54 am

Gone_Shrimping wrote:The current chairman must realise that if the club drops to the Conference it is then worth Jack Shit.

And interest in the club (from supporters and sponsors alike) will wane even further.

If indeed that is at all possible.
Seasider9601

Postby KenH » Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:12 am

Shrimpy wrote:Could say the same about the current chairman.

Indeed, I quite agree. PMG is deluded if he expects to walk away with his investment/loans repaid to him or more. That's just expecting a new owner to cover the club's losses for the last few years! If he has to write off some/all of his loans/investments to facilitate new ownership with the ability to take the club forward, then that's what he needs to do. If there's no new owner, and the club continues to make huge losses, it's finished anyway and they'll end up selling the land for the stadium to be demolished for housing, just to pay off the loans from the banks and the FA, with nothing left over for PMG. We are very close to end-game scenario unless new owners come on board.
KenH

Postby Seasider9601 » Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:22 am

KenH wrote: If there's no new owner, and the club continues to make huge losses, it's finished anyway and they'll end up selling the land for the stadium to be demolished for housing, just to pay off the loans from the banks and the FA, with nothing left over for PMG. We are very close to end-game scenario unless new owners come on board.

So much for the much heralded move to our new stadium seeing us financially stable and self sufficient for many years to come.

Worrying times. And I, sadly, fear the worst.

I've said it before and still think the same. Darlington....... :(
Seasider9601

Postby bill ding » Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:22 am

Seasider9601 wrote:
KenH wrote: If there's no new owner, and the club continues to make huge losses, it's finished anyway and they'll end up selling the land for the stadium to be demolished for housing, just to pay off the loans from the banks and the FA, with nothing left over for PMG. We are very close to end-game scenario unless new owners come on board.

So much for the much heralded move to our new stadium seeing us financially stable and self sufficient for many years to come.

What happened to yesterdays post about remaining possitive ???
Having sex is like playing bridge.......If you don't have a good partner, you'd better have a good hand !
bill ding

Postby John L » Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:15 pm

bill ding wrote:
Seasider9601 wrote:

What happened to yesterdays post about remaining possitive ???

It's Monday... :lol: ;)
GED ARMY!
John L

Postby Seasider9601 » Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:18 pm

It's difficult when surrounded by so much negativity...

And with all the silence which is coming out of the club right now ..... just an update from them as to the current situation would be good. Will we get one ?? Doubt it.

Hopefully we'll get something tomorrow night at Rotherham result-wise.
Seasider9601

Postby Christies Child » Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:27 pm

Seasider9601 wrote:It's difficult when surrounded by so much negativity...

And with all the silence which is coming out of the club right now ..... just an update from them as to the current situation would be good. Will we get one ?? Doubt it.

......or have to wait until Kendal Shrimp comes forth with an update with regards to his belief that an Italian take over is imminent....OR have the Board sussed out his identity and he's been 'sorted'...never to be heard of again.... :shock:

:?: :?: :?:
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Seasider9601 » Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:36 pm

Christies Child wrote:

......or have to wait until Kendal Shrimp comes forth with an update with regards to his belief that an Italian take over is imminent....OR have the Board sussed out his identity and he's been 'sorted'...never to be heard of again.... :shock:

And, have the board wondered about his identity (Kendalshrimp) and "made up" a story about an Italian takeover and fed the same "made up" story out to various quarters within the club or elsewhere to see if it ends up on here ???

Hmmm.......
Seasider9601

Postby bill ding » Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:38 pm

Seasider9601 wrote:
Christies Child wrote:

And, have the board wondered about his identity (Kendalshrimp) and "made up" a story about an Italian takeover and fed the same "made up" story out to various quarters within the club or elsewhere to see if it ends up on here ???

Hmmm.......

Wonder if they have caught up with KS , he seems to have gone quiet :shock:
Having sex is like playing bridge.......If you don't have a good partner, you'd better have a good hand !
bill ding

Postby P/T Indie » Mon Aug 08, 2016 3:54 pm

I've said it before and still think the same. Darlington....... :([/quote]

I agree although we will prob be more like Scarborough as if we do re surface I think we could struggle to get up and running as well as Darlo, Chester, hereford etc have done

Even if we do get new owners I can't see them throwing money at the team knowing they will never get it back due to attendances been so low. Unless they think winning football will bring people back and then they will get some money back but I am not sure it will I think the club have annoyed lot of people for various reasons and a lot will be lost forever.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby Seasider9601 » Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:16 pm

P/T Indie wrote: I think the club have annoyed lot of people for various reasons and a lot will be lost forever.

Never was a truer word said.

And this FACT above boils my piss more than anything.
Seasider9601

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion