Jim Bentley Out

Re: Bentley out

Postby mrpotatohead » Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:40 pm

If Lutons manager was given a week here, and Jim was given a week with the ''Hatters'', and they then took charge of each others teams for the game on saturday, Luton would probably still win....is that simple enough to understand?
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby fulwoodshrimp » Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:57 pm

I sense by Christmas Diego will have a real dilemma. Does he find the money to replace the management team, money that we can ill afford or does he persist with the status quo as the side drop into a relegation place. Both options will cost money but relegation would reduce the value of his investment in the club by millions.
fulwoodshrimp

Postby BoroRedShrimp » Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:19 pm

I remember we played the top teams i.e. Luton, Exeter with nothing to fear now we just roll over and don't preform well enough. Unless all this is addressed we will continue to slide and attendances will fall.
Profile picture; James Stannage.
BoroRedShrimp

Postby Seasider9601 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:49 pm

And we do this how exactly when our best player has been moved on??

Can't exactly be inspiring for the remaining team members.

The likes of the on loan Jennings most certainly are NOT the answer.
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby bill ding » Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:49 am

quote="Seasider9601"]And we do this how exactly when our best player has been moved on??

Can't exactly be inspiring for the remaining team members.

The likes of the on loan Jennings most certainly are NOT the answer.[/quote]

And it's pay day again this Friday :shock:
Having sex is like playing bridge.......If you don't have a good partner, you'd better have a good hand !
bill ding

Postby KenH » Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:15 am

fulwoodshrimp wrote: but relegation would reduce the value of his investment in the club by millions.

Would it? Is the club currently worth many millions? We don't know what Diego and his consortium paid PMG - it may have only been a million or two or maybe less. Let's face it, it was a fire-sale!

Won't the club get around half a million pounds from the FA if it's relegated? More than enough to pay off the few players/management who have contracts beyond next Summer I'd have thought so they can have a clearout and have money left over. After all, we don't have too many under contract who'd need big pay-offs! Maybe also get training compensation from the younger players who'd move to new clubs. Then they could put some of their own money in to add to the money left over from the FA compensation and start afresh rather than spending their money on tinkering with the existing players/management?

Who know what their plans are?
KenH

Postby Seasider9601 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:47 am

KenH wrote:Who know what their plans are?

Nobody does !! Because the silence is deafening............!!!!!
Seasider9601

Postby KenH » Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:07 am

Seasider9601 wrote:

Realistically, if they had grand plans for the good of the club, or good news, they'd have been making noise about it. They've had plenty of time - they'd have been sniffing around for a couple of months or more before they bought it and it's now nearly 3 months since the announcement of Diego's acquisition - that's probably nigh-on six months. What have we heard from Diego - a few meaningless platitudes from Diego in a Radio Lancashire interview. What have we heard from the other board members - sweet FA!

That's why people are worried. Silence is usually a very bad sign in business.

It was bad enough under the mismanagement of PMG/MD over the past few years - where the lack of information has proved to be because there was nothing good to say. It seems the new owners are just carrying on where PMG/MD left off.

It's not just relegation we need to fear - will there even be a football club in future?
KenH

Postby parkyboy » Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:47 am

A hell of a lot of supposition going on and very little to go on apart from awful results ,my feeling is it is no good doing anything about movement of players until transfer market reopens in January ,still 4 months of season left then
parkyboy

Postby George Dawes » Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:57 am

KenH wrote:
Seasider9601 wrote:

Realistically, if they had grand plans for the good of the club, or good news, they'd have been making noise about it. They've had plenty of time - they'd have been sniffing around for a couple of months or more before they bought it and it's now nearly 3 months since the announcement of Diego's acquisition - that's probably nigh-on six months. What have we heard from Diego - a few meaningless platitudes from Diego in a Radio Lancashire interview. What have we heard from the other board members - sweet FA!

That's why people are worried. Silence is usually a very bad sign in business.

It was bad enough under the mismanagement of PMG/MD over the past few years - where the lack of information has proved to be because there was nothing good to say. It seems the new owners are just carrying on where PMG/MD left off.

It's not just relegation we need to fear - will there even be a football club in future?

yes. think you would find the fans left would just set up a new club and start from scratch, , and for me I'd call it (Morecambe Bay) with the idea of capturing a bigger fan base.
George Dawes

Postby Teams like Morecambe » Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:03 am

George Dawes wrote:Think you would find the fans left would just set up a new club and start from scratch, , and for me I'd call it (Morecambe Bay) with the idea of capturing a bigger fan base.

Morecambe Town - Mark Lillis predicted this 10 years ago :o
Teams like Morecambe

Postby Shrimpy » Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:00 am

Morecombe
Shrimpy

Postby Teams like Morecambe » Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:48 am

Shrimpy wrote:Morecombe

Nicknamed The Shrimpers :lol:
Teams like Morecambe

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:08 pm

Surely its Morcombe.
Gone_Shrimping

Postby Christies Child » Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:54 pm

A few weeks ago I posted that life back in non league would be unacceptable. But now with our finances reported to be in such a state and no news coming from our new owners about what the future holds, the prospect of a return to non league may be a logical move IF the survival of OUR club is to be.

The thought of a Darlington situation where the very existence of the club is put into doubt is a distinct possibility and it is imperative that we as supporters do everything to ensure that Morecambe FC remains as an identity and not one that is cast to the realms of 'what was'....

We fought for many decades to become a league club but whilst we've enjoyed the experience I for one wouldn't mind a return to the battles with Barrow, Southport and Chester et al.....at least we'd still be supporting our town team as we did so proudly for many seasons past....even if it is under the banner of AFC Morecambe..... :?: :?: :?:
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Seasider9601 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:10 pm

Christies Child wrote:The thought of a Darlington situation where the very existence of the club is put into doubt is a distinct possibility and it is imperative that we as supporters do everything to ensure that Morecambe FC remains as an identity and not one that is cast to the realms of 'what was'....

I've been saying it for a few years on here now and referring to Darlington.... :(

Times are tough but we must protect what we've got - Football League status. It might not last forever, but lets not just let it fade away with a whimper. We need to support the lads in full (yes, I was critical of Jennings on Saturday) but if we don't support them, we will die a death. Be in no doubt about that.

The one person who is hurting more than most in all this is Jim himself. Watch his video post Luton on Saturday if you're in any doubt. The man was close to tears. Heartbreaking to see.

Let's back this team 100% - they need us to. Yes, there's things going on behind the scenes that we can't influence, but the team and our status matters.
Seasider9601

Postby Christies Child » Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:21 pm

Seasider9601 wrote:
Christies Child wrote:The thought of a Darlington situation where the very existence of the club is put into doubt is a distinct possibility and it is imperative that we as supporters do everything to ensure that Morecambe FC remains as an identity and not one that is cast to the realms of 'what was'....

I've been saying it for a few years on here now and referring to Darlington.... :(

Times are tough but we must protect what we've got - Football League status. It might not last forever, but lets not just let it fade away with a whimper. We need to support the lads in full (yes, I was critical of Jennings on Saturday) but if we don't support them, we will die a death. Be in no doubt about that.

The one person who is hurting more than most in all this is Jim himself. Watch his video post Luton on Saturday if you're in any doubt. The man was close to tears. Heartbreaking to see.

Let's back this team 100% - they need us to. Yes, there's things going on behind the scenes that we can't influence, but the team and our status matters.

But the one person who can change it all is the manager himself, by changing tactics and being positive from the off at home games.

Luton came at us from the off because their manager had told them to do so and by playing with 2 strikers pressurising our back line. When was the last time we put pressure on an opponents back line from the off... :?: :?: :?: It's one v four which is too negative.

The manager dictates tactics, he sets up a team in a certain way. It would be great if our manager set up the team from the off to put pressure on the opposition rather than inviting pressure which is what is happening all too often.... :evil:
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Shrimpy » Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:26 pm

Christies Child wrote:A few weeks ago I posted that life back in non league would be unacceptable. But now with our finances reported to be in such a state and no news coming from our new owners about what the future holds, the prospect of a return to non league may be a logical move IF the survival of OUR club is to be.

We would probably find ourselves in an even bigger financial mess if we were to be relegated.

For starters the youth setup would likely need to be scrapped as this will be heavily reliant on the funding you receive which is dependent on us being a Football League club.

We would also lose the lump sum of cash you receive just for being a League 2 club which runs into the hundreds of thousands of pounds each season. We would receive this in our first season of being relegated and 50% of it in our second season but after that we'd get nothing.

There will no doubt be numerous other knock on effects of being relegated that will impact the clubs income.
Shrimpy

Postby Seasider9601 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:39 pm

Christies Child wrote:
Seasider9601 wrote:

But the one person who can change it all is the manager himself, by changing tactics and being positive from the off at home games.

Luton came at us from the off because their manager had told them to do so and by playing with 2 strikers pressurising our back line. When was the last time we put pressure on an opponents back line from the off... :?: :?: :?: It's one v four which is too negative.

The manager dictates tactics, he sets up a team in a certain way. It would be great if our manager set up the team from the off to put pressure on the opposition rather than inviting pressure which is what is happening all too often.... :evil:

I read a comment on Facebook over the weekend which was along the lines of Jim "trying to produce champagne football on a lemonade budget."

Never was a truer word said. We're lumbered with the players other clubs didn't want and we are trying to do our best with what we have.
Seasider9601

Postby cragbankshrimp » Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:40 pm

[quote]

I read a comment on Facebook over the weekend which was along the lines of Jim "trying to produce champagne football on a lemonade budget."

Never was a truer word said. We're lumbered with the players other clubs didn't want and we are trying to do our best with what we have.[quote

I agree that we can only play with the players we have, but even at school level you are taught to close the opposition down. Why can't we ????????????????????????????
"Accrington Stanley" Who are they??????????????
cragbankshrimp

Postby Phil Anderer » Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:57 pm

I too have frustrations with the playing style at present, particularly our seeming inability to close down and tackle the opposition. In respect of sacking Jim Bentley however, I don't see it as practical. As others have already said, if we can't even pay the players and staff without selling our best player (I heard a story about that on Saturday which, if true, suggests we got the best available outcome there), then (a) how can we afford to pay Jim off, and (b) who the hell would want to come in and manage us until the finances are sorted and they can have confidence that they'll get paid and have some money to attract new players?
The 3 rules of Fascism:
1. Make stuff up;
2. Scream it loudly;
3. Kill people.
(copyright Eddie Izzard)
Phil Anderer

Postby Seasider9601 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:13 pm

And, which new players can we possibly even hope to attract with the well publicised issue over the non payment of wages the other week.

Not exactly a "good career move" at the moment are we. :(

Hopefully we will see change for the better in the near future. Hopefully........
Seasider9601

Postby fulwoodshrimp » Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:36 pm

I can't put it into words properly and perhaps from a legal standpoint that's a good thing but something doesn't seem quite right about the sale of the club! I can't understand the silence of the seller and the buyer!
fulwoodshrimp

Postby black morse » Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:50 pm

fulwoodshrimp wrote:I can't put it into words properly and perhaps from a legal standpoint that's a good thing but something doesn't seem quite right about the sale of the club! I can't understand the silence of the seller and the buyer!

We should hopefully know more when the meeting with Nigel Adams takes place :) .....or maybe we won't :( The meeting was put back to this week (or so we were told) so we don't have long to wait. I assume the meeting was sanctioned by Diego so surely some information should arise from it.
black morse

Postby outsider » Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:19 pm

I Have a Meeting this week with Nigel, Unless it get cancelled again.
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion