Jim Bentley Out

Re: Jim Bentley Out

Postby redrobo » Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:06 pm

Voiceoftheshrimps wrote:Just hate it when I just want the best for the club.when fans go up to me and say why dont you go and support Fleetwood or other team what fans will say that to other fans go to suport a different team.. It a joke. How can you be 1.0 up than lose 3.2 Jim need go now soon than better. #BENTLEYOUT#

Don't take any notice of these childish idiots. Over the years I've had a lot of abuse and idiotic comments made both directly and indirectly but I'm still here saying what I think irrespective of whether it conforms to the general view or not.

Everybody is entitled to their view and if others don't like it...tough shit!

Keep supporting YOUR club both on and off the field...and that applies to anybody else who has suffered at the hands of these childish idiots.

If they want to have a go at someone...feel free to have a go at me but do it to my face if you have the balls.... :evil:

:) :) :)
redrobo

Postby Voiceoftheshrimps » Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:19 pm

Yes please go Bentley. I will pay your fare
https://m.skybet.com/football/manager-s ... 527.please Jim go and do what good for the club and go.
Voiceoftheshrimps

Postby Slanester » Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:22 pm

redrobo wrote:
If they want to have a go at someone...feel free to have a go at me but do it to my face if you have the balls.... :evil:

:) :) :)

Bloody hell rr. We have had occasions of clashing opinion. Sounds like I better go and dust my gloves off. :lol: :lol:

Couldn’t agree more, that everyone is entitled to their opinion, and expressing it.( Within the forum rules of course. :D )
Slanester

Postby RedRampage » Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:25 pm

Voiceoftheshrimps wrote:Yes please go Bentley. I will pay your fare
https://m.skybet.com/football/manager-s ... 527.please Jim go and do what good for the club and go.

as much as I would love Rochdale to take him off our hands, I doubt it'll happen.
RedRampage

Postby Voiceoftheshrimps » Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:52 pm

Thank very much every one who stick up for me on here. Thank
Voiceoftheshrimps

Postby al1 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:59 pm

That is a long list of available experienced managers,apparently there is nobody that we could get,if you listen to some on here!
Mark Shore keep giving your views please,do not let them get you down.The majority of fans agree with you,in my opinion,just saying!
al1

Postby outsider » Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:04 pm

I've spoken to Mark today about some of these things being said.

He's not been at last few games due to his new job, he works more Saturdays.

No one has had a go at him in a pub at an away game.

He knew about the video as he had traveled to and from the game with the person whos video it was. Once he had seen it and asked for it to be removed it was.

He wasn't banned for his views.

He was mutted for posting a 9 word status containing 6 swear words. Within 5 minutes of a game ending.

On Saturday there were 18 reports on a post he made. When I got home after driving back from the game, it was easier just to delete the entire post and replys.

At times we can't admin it 24/7 things get through but we try our best.

If things were kept in 1 place as on Shrimps Voices it would be easier to control.

If anyone wants to be admin on FB let one of the admins know.........
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby Slanester » Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:13 pm

al1 wrote:That is a long list of available experienced managers,apparently there is nobody that we could get,if you listen to some on here!
Mark Shore keep giving your views please,do not let them get you down.The majority of fans agree with you,in my opinion,just saying!

Mark. I am not one the “ majority of fans,” as al1 states, and for many reasons, I disagree with your opinion. That said, as you can see from my previous posts, I am all for fellow fans being allowed to post theirs.
Slanester

Postby Little Shrimp » Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:37 pm

The issue I have with the whole "Jim Out" thing now kicking off is that nobody ever gives a reason, they just put "Jim Out" in various different wordings.

I have no issue with the opinion of "Jim Out" and that some people hold it. I myself often feel that it might be time for a change in manager, too.

But if you're going to come and post about your opinion on a forum etc, actually back it up instead of just posting the same blanket statement over and over again! Then people can actually have a proper discussion/debate over it, rather than just seeing who can shout "In" or "Out" louder. Surely that is the entire point of a football forum - to debate and discuss footballing issues.

I find this especially frustrating as a fan who can't get to games. I want to read people's insights about what is going on, and what exactly people at the games think is going wrong/right. Not just constant blanket statements.
Little Shrimp

Postby Slanester » Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:56 pm

Little Shrimp wrote:The issue I have with the whole "Jim Out" thing now kicking off is that nobody ever gives a reason, they just put "Jim Out" in various different wordings.

I have no issue with the opinion of "Jim Out" and that some people hold it. I myself often feel that it might be time for a change in manager, too.

But if you're going to come and post about your opinion on a forum etc, actually back it up instead of just posting the same blanket statement over and over again! Then people can actually have a proper discussion/debate over it, rather than just seeing who can shout "In" or "Out" louder. Surely that is the entire point of a football forum - to debate and discuss footballing issues.

I find this especially frustrating as a fan who can't get to games. I want to read people's insights about what is going on, and what exactly people at the games think is going wrong/right. Not just constant blanket statements.

A very well made point that LS, and agree with it totally. I think that it pretty much sums up why the FB issue came to a head, turning things unnecessarily unpleasant by some, and resulting in a few people being banned.
Slanester

Postby al1 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:55 pm

Long list of reasons,for starters terrible home form over last 3 seasons,lack of game management has caused many lost points,playing players out of position,playing a 39 year old too much,negative tactics,negative interviews with never ending list of excuses,even Klopp at Liverpool is using them now!
al1

Postby paschahound » Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:37 pm

Little Shrimp wrote:The issue I have with the whole "Jim Out" thing now kicking off is that nobody ever gives a reason, they just put "Jim Out" in various different wordings.

Very true.

It is tiresome to read all the one liner Jim Out posts, though to begin a conversation I suppose it is acceptable. However it is very impolite of posters to then fail to respond to follow up questions regarding their initial post.
In reply to some of these one line Jim Out posts, I have asked more than once 'Who could do a better job than Jim, under current circumstances?' Absolutely no replies to my question.
Thus I regard these one liner outbursts as trolling, rather than dialogue.
If a very small minority of posters can't back up their assertions and deal with follow-up questions in a polite way, then I don't believe they are worth listening to in the first place.
paschahound

Postby Phil Anderer » Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:30 am

As not actually a 'Jim Out' poster, I can still post a list of reasons why the claim is justified:

Negative football/tactics
Lack of a Plan B, and a seeming refusal even to consider one
Lack of entertainment
Constant excuses and an apparent refusal to accept his responsibility as manager
Allegedly focusing on other teams' strengths rather than setting up to play our own game

To counter this you then have:

Budget
Training facilities
Lack of ability to attract the best talent
Injuries

I'm sure people could add substantially to both lists, this is just a quick snapshot. As for the 'who could do better?' question, I think it's a redundant one. There are plenty of out of work managers and recently retired professionals with/doing coaching badges who would be willing to give it a shot, and you never know till you try.
The 3 rules of Fascism:
1. Make stuff up;
2. Scream it loudly;
3. Kill people.
(copyright Eddie Izzard)
Phil Anderer

Postby BerlinWaller » Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:13 am

paschahound wrote:

Very true.

It is tiresome to read all the one liner Jim Out posts, though to begin a conversation I suppose it is acceptable. However it is very impolite of posters to then fail to respond to follow up questions regarding their initial post.
In reply to some of these one line Jim Out posts, I have asked more than once 'Who could do a better job than Jim, under current circumstances?' Absolutely no replies to my question.
If a very small minority of posters can't back up their assertions and deal with follow-up questions in a polite way, then I don't believe they are worth listening to in the first place.

The "who could do a better job" question is just a pie in the sky comment. Nobody knows any one individual who could come in and do a better job. Did anyone think Solksjaer would do a better job before Mourinho was sacked? It is a hypothetical response to a valid concern about our current manager. It doesn't validate your Jim in stance, it is just a question that can not be answered properly. If you ask someone if Keith Hill is a better manager than Jim, I would say yes. Do we need a change? Again, yes.

I am sure there would be lots of applicants followed by interviews and then a shortlist drawn up. After that, the man who the club choose is the man suspected of being able to do a better job. Was Jim the best applicant after Sammy went? I know that Graham Alexander was interviewed at the time.
BerlinWaller

Postby Seasider9601 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:36 am

BerlinWaller wrote: I know that Graham Alexander was interviewed at the time.

Really?

Wow, I didn't know that. :o
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby Voiceoftheshrimps » Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:06 am

BerlinWaller wrote:
paschahound wrote:

Very true.

The "who could do a better job" question is just a pie in the sky comment. Nobody knows any one individual who could come in and do a better job. Did anyone think Solksjaer would do a better job before Mourinho was sacked? It is a hypothetical response to a valid concern about our current manager. It doesn't validate your Jim in stance, it is just a question that can not be answered properly. If you ask someone if Keith Hill is a better manager than Jim, I would say yes. Do we need a change? Again, yes.

I am sure there would be lots of applicants followed by interviews and then a shortlist drawn up. After that, the man who the club choose is the man suspected of being able to do a better job. Was Jim the best applicant after Sammy went? I know that Graham Alexander was interviewed at the time.

Well say mate think I think Keith hill is a better man than Jim.
Voiceoftheshrimps

Postby Keith » Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:13 am

Is that Graham Alexander who's managed four clubs in six years? Well, he's certainly got broad experience!

The issue should simply build down to a risk assessment.

At the moment, given all the negatives associated with the club (finances/training facilities etc) would a new manager be more or less likely to keep Morecambe in the Football League?

The Jim out people think a new manager more likely to, and in a more entertaining manner.
The Jim in people think a new manager less likely to.

If we could clear some of the other issues, then we could assess Jim on an equal footing to see what he can really do.

What I find annoying is that many of the 'Jim out' brigade refuse entirely to give credit to Jim for managing us through one of the toughest periods of our history, comparable with the mid-1980's in many ways. We've almost gone out of business (or at least, in to administration) and yet we're still here, in League Two.

I, and many 'Jim in' folk still get frustrated by his tactics. I firmly believe we could play two up front and we've gone in to too many games with an attitude of 'not losing' first and foremost. I think we've tried to defend narrow leads by slowing games down, which gives the opposition momentum & confidence. But that goes with being a football fan, having opinions! The reality is, if the goal is Football League status the following season, then Jim is achieving it. If the target is higher than that, then we need to give him the finances to achieve that position first.

Give Jim a play-off position budget, then if we're in a relegation battle, I'd agree it is time to go.
Give Jim a lower Conference budget and yet remain in League Two, I'd say that's a success!
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Seasider9601 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:15 am

Keith wrote:Give Jim a play-off position budget, then if we're in a relegation battle, I'd agree it is time to go.
Give Jim a lower Conference budget and yet remain in League Two, I'd say that's a success!

+1.

In a nutshell.
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby Phil Anderer » Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:28 am

Keith wrote:Is that Graham Alexander who's managed four clubs in six years? Well, he's certainly got broad experience!

At the moment, given all the negatives associated with the club (finances/training facilities etc) would a new manager be more or less likely to keep Morecambe in the Football League?

The Jim out people think a new manager more likely to, and in a more entertaining manner.

If we could clear some of the other issues, then we could assess Jim on an equal footing to see what he can really do.

What I find annoying is that many of the 'Jim out' brigade refuse entirely to give credit to Jim for managing us through one of the toughest periods of our history, comparable with the mid-1980's in many ways. We've almost gone out of business (or at least, in to administration) and yet we're still here, in League Two.

I, and many 'Jim in' folk still get frustrated by his tactics. I firmly believe we could play two up front and we've gone in to too many games with an attitude of 'not losing' first and foremost. I think we've tried to defend narrow leads by slowing games down, which gives the opposition momentum & confidence. But that goes with being a football fan, having opinions! The reality is, if the goal is Football League status the following season, then Jim is achieving it. If the target is higher than that, then we need to give him the finances to achieve that position first.

Give Jim a play-off position budget, then if we're in a relegation battle, I'd agree it is time to go.

Taking a sensible, reasoned approach, that's a perfectly good argument with which a lot on here clearly agree, but that doesn't mean those in the 'Jim Out' brigade are necessarily wrong, they simply see things differently. At the end of the day, the fact that we post on these issues shows our passion for the club and indeed our desire to retain Football League status and hopefully, one day, be in a position where we're not worrying constantly about relegation and perhaps instead looking up instead of down. As for which camp I'm in, my ar$e is getting sore, and the splinters are painful! :lol:
The 3 rules of Fascism:
1. Make stuff up;
2. Scream it loudly;
3. Kill people.
(copyright Eddie Izzard)
Phil Anderer

Postby HALMA 1983 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:32 am

Keith wrote:Is that Graham Alexander who's managed four clubs in six years? Well, he's certainly got broad experience!

As it's highly unlikely Jim will ever see a budget capable of taking the club further than treading water, he's nothing to lose and his position is as safe as houses in the current climate of keeping the club in the Football league.
I can't see any change unless he fails to do what he's been doing, so the long wait will continue for some, in other words get your Zimmer frames ordered :lol:
HALMA 1983

Postby BerlinWaller » Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:49 am

What Jim did during the Lemos/Cala days was astounding and I am pretty sure nobody would say any different. What bugs me now is all the in the know fans(a few on here know more than they let on) banging on saying we don't know the full story. Tell us. Tell us what Jim has to put up besides the stuff we already know about. I judge Jim honestly on what I see. I don't haunt the halls of the Globe like some on here so that is all can go off.

Didn't the board have great foresight in not employing Alexander eh? How many league 1 games? Similar to Ince, been sacked by clubs despite a better record than Jim's on paper.

Jim has signed a lot of players this season. I think he has a decent budget and the owners have backed him.
Last edited by BerlinWaller on Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
BerlinWaller

Postby HALMA 1983 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:54 am

BerlinWaller wrote:

What Jim did during the Lemos/Cala days was astounding and I am pretty sure nobody would say any different. What bugs me now is all the in the know fans(a few on here know more than they let on) banging on saying we don't know the full story. Tell us. Tell us what Jim has to put up besides the stuff we already know about. I judge Jim on the honestly on what I see. I don't haunt the halls of the Globe like some on here so that is all can go of.

I blame everything on the Globe and as I've said previous, I'd of put my house on any Morecambe manager being far more successful at Christie because the place was intimidating not welcoming, hence why caclington won many games before the ball had even been booted.
HALMA 1983

Postby redrobo » Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:18 pm

With regards to the often asked question of who could do a better job than JB under the current situation, I have repeatable put the name of Gary Bowyer forward as a more than suitable alternative having had the nightmare of managing Blackpool under the ownership of the Oyston and the well documented lack of suitable training facilities, in fact I'd go as far as to say that our current training facilities at Turners Field, although far from perfect are significantly better than those of Blackpool at Squires Gate.

Nobody actually knows the CURRENT playing budget at our club other than the Board and JB as this has never been published but it is rumoured to be the lowest in EFL2 which given the type of player we can attract (ie those with a record of injury or a significant loss of form at previous clubs) JB to his credit does at times work miracles by keeping us in the league but that is at the expense of entertainment in my opinion which has seen a fall of attendances on a regular basis.

For me JB has been with us too long for his own good and whilst their is no guarantee that a new manager would improve things, is it acceptable that year on year we have to suffer the daunting prospect of a relegation battle often coming so close to the drop that it's possible that one year we will fall from grace?

Surely a new manager such as GB with new ideas, new contacts and a new approach would be worth considering....or do we just have to accept that year on year we have to look forward to yet another season of life on the edge of relegation and all that that would bring :?: :?: :?:

As for the constant reference to the Globe, I have been reliably informed that we had been issued with a time directive by the EFL and that unless we made very costly improvements to Christie Park including the demolishing of the old stand due to the asbestos problem that we would be kicked out of the EFL and that the finances involved with such a huge total ground redevelopment would have proved beyond the financial capabilities of the former owner and the Board at the time and that the move to The Globe on the back of the Sainsburys money was the only option to guarantee EFL status.
redrobo

Postby HALMA 1983 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:30 pm

redrobo wrote:With regards to the often asked question of who could do a better job than JB under the current situation, I have repeatable put the name of Gary Bowyer forward as a more than suitable alternative having had the nightmare of managing Blackpool under the ownership of the Oyston and the well documented lack of suitable training facilities, in fact I'd go as far as to say that our current training facilities at Turners Field, although far from perfect are significantly better than those of Blackpool at Squires Gate.

Nobody actually knows the CURRENT playing budget at our club other than the Board and JB as this has never been published but it is rumoured to be the lowest in EFL2 which given the type of player we can attract (ie those with a record of injury or a significant loss of form at previous clubs) JB to his credit does at times work miracles by keeping us in the league but that is at the expense of entertainment in my opinion which has seen a fall of attendances on a regular basis.

For me JB has been with us too long for his own good and whilst their is no guarantee that a new manager would improve things, is it acceptable that year on year we have to suffer the daunting prospect of a relegation battle often coming so close to the drop that it's possible that one year we will fall from grace?

Surely a new manager such as GB with new ideas, new contacts and a new approach would be worth considering....or do we just have to accept that year on year we have to look forward to yet another season of life on the edge of relegation and all that that would bring :?: :?: :?:

As for the constant reference to the Globe, I have been reliably informed that we had been issued with a time directive by the EFL and that unless we made very costly improvements to Christie Park including the demolishing of the old stand due to the asbestos problem that we would be kicked out of the EFL and that the finances involved with such a huge total ground redevelopment would have proved beyond the financial capabilities of the former owner and the Board at the time and that the move to The Globe on the back of the Sainsburys money was the only option to guarantee EFL status.

Bowyer obviously had Bigger fish to fry as he's the New Bradford manager
HALMA 1983

Postby sandgrown » Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:48 pm

redrobo wrote:With regards to the often asked question of who could do a better job than JB under the current situation, I have repeatable put the name of Gary Bowyer forward as a more than suitable alternative having had the nightmare of managing Blackpool under the ownership of the Oyston and the well documented lack of suitable training facilities, in fact I'd go as far as to say that our current training facilities at Turners Field, although far from perfect are significantly better than those of Blackpool at Squires Gate.

Cheltenham still have the same stand as we had at CP, and they haven't been kicked out of L2
sandgrown

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion