Jim Bentley Out

Re: Bentley out

Postby black morse » Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:27 pm

outsider wrote:I Have a Meeting this week with Nigel, Unless it get cancelled again.

And if it's cancelled again does that tell us that Nigel is a very busy man or that someone is stalling for time?
black morse

Postby Seasider9601 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:27 pm

Can you post any updates or info on here please Paul?

That Facebook page does my swede in scrolling through everything...

Cheers mate
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby outsider » Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:32 pm

Any answers we get will be posted here and on other social media, So hopefully lots get to see them.
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby Seasider9601 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:34 pm

Thanks Paul,

I just prefer reading on here in preference to the other.
Seasider9601

Postby Teams like Morecambe » Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:28 pm

From Monday Night Football :(

Teams like Morecambe

Postby mrpotatohead » Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:46 pm

Can you remind us what your meeting with Nigel is about?,

He strikes me as being a decent bloke, but unfortunately he's not the owner, and as long as the ''organ grinder'' remains silent, then whatever Nigel says to you is immaterial.
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby KenH » Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:50 am

mrpotatohead wrote:Can you remind us what your meeting with Nigel is about?,

He strikes me as being a decent bloke, but unfortunately he's not the owner, and as long as the ''organ grinder'' remains silent, then whatever Nigel says to you is immaterial.

ALL the directors share collective responsibility for the running of the company - that's basic company law. He should know what's going on. If the directors aren't "in the loop" then they need to consider their position as they, under company law, may end up personally liable in several circumstances.

In view of the public concern and public interest, the directors, as a body, should be putting pressure on the owners to make some substantive statements as to what is going on. They share responsibilities for the good/legal running of the club.
KenH

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:09 am

Never easy with Foreign ownership, they have other business interests abroad.
Look at Venkys as an example..

Our problem seems to be that we have no leader in sight
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby KenH » Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:46 am

marky No.1 wrote:Never easy with Foreign ownership, they have other business interests abroad.

Which is why companies have a Board of Directors to run it whilst the owner is away playing with other things. The directors really are skating on thin ice (in a legal sense) if they genuinely aren't involved with the company management and genuinely don't know what's going on. IF they're being kept in the dark and not being involved, then I would hope that they are taking their own legal action to enforce their legal rights to access financial records and be kept informed as to what's happening.
KenH

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:07 am

Our Directors havnt been in this position. They have always had a 'leader'. I know one has been to Qatar for a reccy
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Keith » Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:56 am

Seasider9601 wrote:That Facebook page does my swede in scrolling through everything...

My view too! I rarely visit the Facebook page because it is so hard to follow a conversation. A while ago, I thought about dumping SV because most people were using FB but it is a pain in the bum, so I've persevered here.

And I thought ShrimpsVoices could be negative? Bloody hell, it's an oasis of calm & tranquility compared to the Facebook page!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Seasider9601 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:00 pm

A question I always ask myself about the Facecloth page is, how many of the posters are actual Morecambe fans and not just Facebook trolls saying whatever they like to provoke a reaction??

I noticed a Cambridge United fan on there the other week shoving his two penny worth.

Same could be said about any forum of course, but its more prevalent on Facebook.

Stick to Shrimps Voices !!! :D
Seasider9601

Postby Christies Child » Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:09 pm

Well said about sticking with the best......

I've never posted on Facebook (to the best of my knowledge) and to be honest can't be arsed reading any of it. SVs is, has been and will remain so my 'mouthpiece' for far too long to contemplate a change.

I mean what would I do without the occasional spat with certain other SVers....I'd miss 'em and they would miss me...... :lol: :lol: :lol:

;)
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby bill ding » Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:14 pm

Christies Child wrote:Well said about sticking with the best......

I've never posted on Facebook (to the best of my knowledge) and to be honest can't be arsed reading any of it. SVs is, has been and will remain so my 'mouthpiece' for far too long to contemplate a change.

I mean what would I do without the occasional spat with certain other SVers....I'd miss 'em and they would miss me...... :lol: :lol: :lol:

;)

Well stop leaving then :lol:
Having sex is like playing bridge.......If you don't have a good partner, you'd better have a good hand !
bill ding

Postby Christies Child » Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:25 pm

bill ding wrote:
Christies Child wrote:Well said about sticking with the best......

;)

Well stop leaving then :lol:

Point taken..... :oops:
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby bill ding » Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:32 pm

Shock ;)
Having sex is like playing bridge.......If you don't have a good partner, you'd better have a good hand !
bill ding

Postby black morse » Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:35 pm

black morse wrote:
outsider wrote:I Have a Meeting this week with Nigel, Unless it get cancelled again.

And if it's cancelled again does that tell us that Nigel is a very busy man or that someone is stalling for time?

Has it been cancelled again Mr O?
black morse

Postby outsider » Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:09 pm

black morse wrote:
black morse wrote:

Has it been cancelled again Mr O?

It was
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:35 am

The title of this topic is quite ridiculous.

Jim has had a thankless job for the last 2 or 3 years and if he was to vacate the hot-seat who on earth would want to take it on with the current position ?
Gone_Shrimping

Postby Seasider9601 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 9:04 am

Gone_Shrimping wrote:The title of this topic is quite ridiculous.

Jim has had a thankless job for the last 2 or 3 years and if he was to vacate the hot-seat who on earth would want to take it on with the current position ?

My sentiments exactly.

The whole thread is ridiculous - let alone the title.

Like with a lot things, "be careful what you wish for" - as the old saying goes.

The very life of the club is dangling by a fraying length of cotton seemingly at the moment and we need to be fully behind everyone right now.

Before it's too late. Because, I and a lot of other people, fear it is coming.
Seasider9601

Postby Teams like Morecambe » Fri Nov 25, 2016 10:31 am

Comments like this...

Gone_Shrimping wrote:Jim has had a thankless job for the last 2 or 3 years and if he was to vacate the hot-seat who on earth would want to take it on with the current position ?

And this...

Seasider9601 wrote:The whole thread is ridiculous - let alone the title.

Are very easy to make given our current financial situation. I started this thread on August 6th after witnessing our unacceptable performance at Grimsby. This was a continuation of our appalling form from the previous season. As it has become apparent we can't afford to sack the manager, therefore discussions about Bentley's future are perhaps irrelevant. However this doesnt excuse the managers failures. I find it amusing that some fans are of the opinion no other manager could do a better job than Bentley. Our current predicament is not unique to us, there are plenty of managers out there who have worked under restricted finances and been successful. In managerial terms Jim is young and inexperienced, and certainly isn't the best man to keep a skint, demoralised club in the FL. It appears increasingly likely that he will relegate us, I just hope he walks away soon enough to give us a chance of survival.
Teams like Morecambe

Postby SupermarketShrimp » Fri Nov 25, 2016 10:52 am

Teams like Morecambe wrote:Comments like this...

Gone_Shrimping wrote:Jim has had a thankless job for the last 2 or 3 years and if he was to vacate the hot-seat who on earth would want to take it on with the current position ?

And this...

Are very easy to make given our current financial situation. I started this thread on August 6th after witnessing our unacceptable performance at Grimsby. This was a continuation of our appalling form from the previous season. As it has become apparent we can't afford to sack the manager, therefore discussions about Bentley's future are perhaps irrelevant. However this doesnt excuse the managers failures. I find it amusing that some fans are of the opinion no other manager could do a better job than Bentley. Our current predicament is not unique to us, there are plenty of managers out there who have worked under restricted finances and been successful. In managerial terms Jim is young and inexperienced, and certainly isn't the best man to keep a skint, demoralised club in the FL. It appears increasingly likely that he will relegate us, I just hope he walks away soon enough to give us a chance of survival.

We have no money to give Jim. We have no money to pay Jim off. We have no money to get a new manager in. We have no money to give a new manager new players. Who in their right mind would take this job on? "Wanted, one manager, must be able to get full time players to play for buttons in front of one man and a dog. Club has no budget and fans will delusions that they were Brazil under Jim Harvey and a massive club despite being amongst the worst attended in the league"

When will this resonate with people, and finally people might just, just, realise that we need to back what we've got rather than slag it off to all and sundry.

If you've got 2/3 million quid, and fancy spanking the lot making sure we stay in the division, you can pick who, what and when.
SupermarketShrimp

Postby Seasider9601 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:07 am

SupermarketShrimp wrote:We have no money to give Jim. We have no money to pay Jim off. We have no money to get a new manager in. We have no money to give a new manager new players. Who in their right mind would take this job on? "Wanted, one manager, must be able to get full time players to play for buttons in front of one man and a dog. Club has no budget and fans will delusions that they were Brazil under Jim Harvey and a massive club despite being amongst the worst attended in the league"

When will this resonate with people, and finally people might just, just, realise that we need to back what we've got rather than slag it off to all and sundry.

If you've got 2/3 million quid, and fancy spanking the lot making sure we stay in the division, you can pick who, what and when.

^ This.

In a nutshell.
Seasider9601

Postby Teams like Morecambe » Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:12 am

SupermarketShrimp wrote:
Teams like Morecambe wrote:Comments like this...

And this...

We have no money to give Jim. We have no money to pay Jim off. We have no money to get a new manager in. We have no money to give a new manager new players. Who in their right mind would take this job on? "Wanted, one manager, must be able to get full time players to play for buttons in front of one man and a dog. Club has no budget and fans will delusions that they were Brazil under Jim Harvey and a massive club despite being amongst the worst attended in the league"

I did say 'we can't afford to sack the manager, therefore discussions about Bentley's future are perhaps irrelevant'. I'm not disputing the fact we have no money and are unable to change managers. It's hard to 'back what we've got' when you've lost your last seven home matches.
Teams like Morecambe

Postby Seasider9601 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:22 am

Perhaps we've lost the last 7 home matches because we're a rag, tag and bobtail outfit made up of loanees and cast offs nobody else wants/was daft enough TO want.

Just my opinion mate, but the budget Jim has certainly doesn't help matters.

I'd like to see what he could do with some money behind him - not that any is forthcoming or even remotely likely to do so I suspect.

Worrying times indeed and I just feel we should get behind everyone in OUR hour of need.

That's OUR. We're all in this together.
Seasider9601

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion