Jim Bentley Out

Re: Bentley out

Postby BoroRedShrimp » Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:03 am

BerlinWaller wrote:We spent most of last season being told to wait and watch Jim turn it around. Jim can not turn it around, we got dicked in pre season and looked pretty ordinary in the games we didn't. I didn't go yesterday but the Grimsby fans are telling people to put their cash on us to go down and the fans who I have spoke to who went said we were awful.

I am afraid it will be another season of the pro Bentley brigade telling us how lucky we are and what sort of true supporter would sit back and accept the club will probably be relegated rather than see a Manager lose his job and somebody new given a chance?

Dicked by who a load of trialists at Halifax that Jim never signed & Preston who are two leagues above us. Not sticking up for Jim but we have only played one match. After 10 matches I will be concerned if we carry on but we are yet to see what develops off the pitch. Keep the faith.
Profile picture; James Stannage.
BoroRedShrimp

Postby halftimeresults » Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:05 am

wtf
halftimeresults

Postby BerlinWaller » Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:11 am

Please don't make out that I am trying to base my argument on a couple of pre season games and one away fixture from this season. Lets look at last season, lets just look at the last month of the season. 1-4 V Stevenage, 7-0 at Cambridge, 2-5 v Hartlepool and a 2-1 defeat against relegated Daggers.

If you want to give Jim ten more games and see if he turns it around, you are puddled.
BerlinWaller

Postby BerlinWaller » Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:14 am

Jim has changed nothing pre season, his tactics are the same. A lone striker being nullified by two centre backs, two inside forwards who have no idea where they should be on the pitch and a midfield incapable of influencing a game. I won't even go into the full backs constantly tucking in and two centre backs who just hoof it 60 yards every time they get chance!
BerlinWaller

Postby George Dawes » Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:17 am

any deal to be done soon, can't help but feel PMG must be dragging his feet and holding out for to much money as he can.

he should realise it was his fault taking an unesseary gamble on the 3rd tier at the expense of the fans on the terraces with poor facilities , pissing many fans off and losing them.

new owners who take over may not be as matey with Jim, and with every other football club in e FL it's a results based business , so things would change.
Last edited by George Dawes on Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
George Dawes

Postby BoroRedShrimp » Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:17 am

Not puddled just don't see the sense in sacking a manager after one match. If we lose the next 6 matches then yes we need to consider a new manager. We don't know if KS is correct and if yes many may get their wish but until then PMG will NOT sack Jim. If you don't like it bring it up at the fans forum and approach Jim about it, because under who we have now it ain't going to happen.
Profile picture; James Stannage.
BoroRedShrimp

Postby P/T Indie » Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:19 am

It's all irrelevant anyway as we are in such a mess it doesn't make any difference. Changes should have been made 18 months two years ago when the negative football was driving the fans away. WE are to far down the line now we won't entice those fans back now as to much time has passed by. This means we have bugger all budget and are stuck in a vicious circle the only hope is new owners invest in the squad.

Change the manager yes but I think with the state we are in it doesn't matter who's in charge anymore as we can't attract any good signings. Its like changing the captain on the titanic when it's already halfway under water you need to make the change before you crash to avoid been in the disaster we are in.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby BerlinWaller » Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:36 am

It isn't a job of a fan to approach a Manager to tell him his short comings. I am a punter, pay my money every season and have my own opinions. Opinions will be different from one fan to the next but everyone is entitled to theirs. I commend anyone who wants to be part of a group which has the aim of helping the club and any for individual who gives up their time to help.

I hope that any new Owner will look at Jim's record and see that giving him any money to spend would be wrong. If the Owner has got funds available, I hope he his first investment is in a new Manager.
BerlinWaller

Postby shrimpinho » Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:20 am

He has 10 games for me. I am not sure why because I was at the end of my tether with it all last season. One thing is for certain, If I pay £21 and I am given the utter crap from last season then I am done with Bentley and Morecambe until something changes. Now unless we are taken over then nothing will change.

KS - where do you get the information from? Top form on signings but are you sure you are not being mugged off about a take-over? Firstly we have a suitcase full of cash, then talks brake down only for 24hrs later we are being taken over by Italians. Appreciate the information you have provided but I take this lot with a pinch of salt.
shrimpinho

Postby BerlinWaller » Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:22 am

Maybe the club are trying to weed KS out with some dodgy info?
BerlinWaller

Postby George Dawes » Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:28 am

BerlinWaller wrote:Maybe the club are trying to weed KS out with some dodgy info?

good shout that, i.e we will tell so many different story's, to so many different people, and let's see which one gets back to SVs ?
George Dawes

Postby outsider » Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:35 am

There was a Fiat Uno in the Chairman's parking space on Friday. I just thought it was that the HF car park was full. But who knows :shock:
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby Caged Lion » Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:38 am

BerlinWaller wrote:It isn't a job of a fan to approach a Manager to tell him his short comings. I am a punter, pay my money every season and have my own opinions. Opinions will be different from one fan to the next but everyone is entitled to theirs. I commend anyone who wants to be part of a group which has the aim of helping the club and any for individual who gives up their time to help.

I hope that any new Owner will look at Jim's record and see that giving him any money to spend would be wrong. If the Owner has got funds available, I hope he his first investment is in a new Manager.

It's the job of a football club to provide entertainment to the paying customer. Morecambe FC are failing abysmally in this regard. Unless improvements become obvious very many people will continue to feel disrespected and choose not to attend games. The spin doctors will continue to mislead, however the harsh reality is apparent. You can't fix a problem by employing the same tactics that are causing the problem.

We all love Jim and the club. Yet there comes a tipping point for many and common sense prevails. We simply stop going and find other ways to be entertained. The vision to relocate the ground was commendable, the execution of things after the move has been deplorable and merely highlighted the sickening realisation that the club aren't as ambitious on the football side of things as many supporters hoped for. Consequently we have stopped supporting the club, both financially and in person.

The lamentable sadness comes, not from us older ones who also find miserable winter nights standing on an empty terrace unbearable, but from the 'football' fans who are beginning to follow other clubs on a regular basis and the shocking missed opportunity to engage the young people who become the lifeblood of any club

We haven't been to a game since last season. We certainly miss the Saturday ritual, but don't regret our decision because life is short.
Caged Lion

Postby Westgate Wanderer » Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:39 am

outsider wrote:There was a Fiat Uno in the Chairman's parking space on Friday. I just thought it was that the HF car park was full. But who knows :shock:
No Ferrari's in sight then??
Don't worry be happy!
Westgate Wanderer

Postby George Dawes » Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:06 am

Italian Job, On Days like these, Matt Munro, take it away.. 8-)

https://youtu.be/oNZaVlOA3rk
George Dawes

Postby parceldave » Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:18 am

outsider wrote:There was a Fiat Uno in the Chairman's parking space on Friday. I just thought it was that the HF car park was full. But who knows :shock:

I would be hoping that any prospective new owner would have a Ferrari California at least . ;) .
If he's only got a Fiat we're doomed. :o
parceldave

Postby Westgate Wanderer » Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:20 am

parceldave wrote:

I would be hoping that any prospective new owner would have a Ferrari California at least . ;) .
A Lambretta?? :o
Don't worry be happy!
Westgate Wanderer

Postby BerlinWaller » Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:25 am

How bad does it have to get before it sinks in at the club? Caged Lion is clearly a fan of the team but has taken the decision to stop attending games. Rather than be listened to and his anguish heard, he will be deemed as disloyal and told that his support is not the sort the club needs! If this club was a shop, a pub or an entertainment venue, it would be on its arse now. Sadly, the club is all 3 and is very much on its arse! The "spin doctors" will be out in force to quell the disgruntled masses for at least another ten games!
BerlinWaller

Postby Sakhalin Shrimp » Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:26 am

Westgate Wanderer wrote:
parceldave wrote:

Surely a Ducati, in red of corse. (some may see what I did there)
A man doesn't know what happiness is until he's married. By then it's too late.
Sakhalin Shrimp

Postby Keith » Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:29 am

Sakhalin Shrimp wrote:Surely a Ducati, in red of corse. (some may see what I did there)

Yes, but only after you pointed it out! Far too clever :lol: :lol: :lol:
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby outsider » Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:43 am

1st game of season.........Yes
Continuation of last season........Yes
Fans booing(not me)...........Yes (they pay a lot, and have the right)
Fans clapping at the end(not me)........Yes (they pay a lot, and have the right)
Questioning my desire to carry on going to all away games.............Yes (Even though the lads pay for themselves now it still £50-£60 when Mrs O joins us.)

The Club IMO is in need of a big shake up, from top to bottom. was hoping it would happen over the summer, just pray it now happens before its too late. The team Jim and ken have got together does need time but as others have said that's what pre season is for. 10 games in there MUST be an improvement or it will be to late.
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby parceldave » Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:50 am

Sakhalin Shrimp wrote:
Westgate Wanderer wrote:
parceldave wrote:

Surely a Ducati, in red of corse. (some may see what I did there)

I've got a couple of Ducato's , will that suffice . ;)
parceldave

Postby parceldave » Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:05 am

Caged Lion wrote:
BerlinWaller wrote:It isn't a job of a fan to approach a Manager to tell him his short comings. I am a punter, pay my money every season and have my own opinions. Opinions will be different from one fan to the next but everyone is entitled to theirs. I commend anyone who wants to be part of a group which has the aim of helping the club and any for individual who gives up their time to help.

It's the job of a football club to provide entertainment to the paying customer. Morecambe FC are failing abysmally in this regard. Unless improvements become obvious very many people will continue to feel disrespected and choose not to attend games. The spin doctors will continue to mislead, however the harsh reality is apparent. You can't fix a problem by employing the same tactics that are causing the problem.

We all love Jim and the club. Yet there comes a tipping point for many and common sense prevails. We simply stop going and find other ways to be entertained. The vision to relocate the ground was commendable, the execution of things after the move has been deplorable and merely highlighted the sickening realisation that the club aren't as ambitious on the football side of things as many supporters hoped for. Consequently we have stopped supporting the club, both financially and in person.

The lamentable sadness comes, not from us older ones who also find miserable winter nights standing on an empty terrace unbearable, but from the 'football' fans who are beginning to follow other clubs on a regular basis and the shocking missed opportunity to engage the young people who become the lifeblood of any club

We haven't been to a game since last season. We certainly miss the Saturday ritual, but don't regret our decision because life is short.

Good post from a disillusioned fan who will be amongst many and a reason why the home terrace is virtually empty. You Mr Lion have hit a bag full of nails on the head with several reasons why the club need to wake up and take a good look at themselves and see what is required to win you and a few hundred more over. Sadly the feedback from yesterday's game it isn't going to be anytime soon. :(
parceldave

Postby John L » Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:08 am

MfcChris wrote:Can't we just try and remain positive. Tell yourself it is our time to get relegated and everything else is a bonus!

Admirable idea, but I'd rather the team showed positivity and that'd then rub off on the fans! For me, never has the start of a new season felt so underwhelming and yesterday did nothing to make me feel more positive...
GED ARMY!
John L

Postby Morecambe Jack » Sun Aug 07, 2016 5:20 pm

There was nothing different yesterday to anything that has been served up since October last year. Can anyone tell me exactly what the tactics were yesterday? The support yesterday didn't warrant the performance that was served up, and the full time boo's reflected that. It not very "Morecambe" to be like that, but when you have had such a long period of pure dross its completely fair.

It's frustrating to come back and listen to Jim talking about some good little chances we had - bollocks. We were not in the game at all yesterday. There was one half chance and that was it. Is that all we have to look forward to?

The team has no fight, no passion and no creativity and I am confident now that this will be our last Football League season.

Great away day though - good to meet you too Marky.
Morecambe Jack

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion