Jim Bentley Out

Re: Bentley out

Postby shrimpnsave » Sat Sep 10, 2016 3:51 pm

Hope Jim an Co. learn from this :evil:
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby jon MFC fan » Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:12 pm

Im afraid that Jim continues with the formation we are so screwed but the manager of the month curse hit hard and true
better redthan dead
jon MFC fan

Postby Teams like Morecambe » Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:34 pm

Thought this thread might get resurrected.

Why didn't he make changes at half time? We were lucky to be only one behind at the break, that was his opportunity to change the flow of the game. He failed to do this against Portsmouth and we were lucky Roche made save after save to win us the game. Today he didn't make changes until 60 mins and when he did we were left confused. Why move Barkhuizen and Ellison out of position to bring the useless Molyneux on? Last season when the confidence dropped Bentley wasn't able to restore it. The new owners wont give him as many chances as PMG, if he doesn't lift the squad his days will be numbered.
Teams like Morecambe

Postby red shrimp » Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:34 pm

Still stand by what I said last season , Bentley out! Even if we win the next game! He's taken us as far as he can , he's kept us in the league , but he's not really pushed us on. I personally hope the new owner sees that we need fresh ideas and brings someone else in who's got plenty of EFL management experience.
red shrimp

Postby Caged Lion » Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:11 pm

The only thing that Diego can change now is the management set up. We need experienced strong players but can't get them until January. However, we need new management and the new owner can sort that out. Jim should be gently replaced
Caged Lion

Postby fulwoodshrimp » Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:49 pm

Just wondering if the manager has already had the awkward conversation with the new owner about leaving his role? His body language throughout today's game against Doncaster was of total disinterest. He sat slumped on the bench, mobile phone to his ear for much of the game. He made very little attempt to patrol his technical area and communication with the players was minimal. The new owner's huge investment in the club requires success. Can this be achieved under the present regime? Since the buy-out we have played two games, lost two!!
fulwoodshrimp

Postby Seasider9601 » Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:51 pm

Don't forget, the buy out hasn't been confirmed or approved by the FL yet.
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby RapidShrimp » Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:07 pm

Jim Bentley IN or OUT? http://www.strawpoll.me/11196796/
Curious to see where everyone stands. Personally and sadly, it's time for a change. He has been a great servant for the club but he seems to be getting uninterested and while other clubs are growing and moving on, we seem to be stuck in place. Thanks for everything Jim but I believe your time may be up.
RapidShrimp

Postby Keith » Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:29 pm

Is this the current 'Manager of the Month' Bentley out thread? :roll:
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby John L » Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:31 pm

Yes, but that was last month!
GED ARMY!
John L

Postby Teams like Morecambe » Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:38 pm

Keith wrote:Is this the current 'Manager of the Month' Bentley out thread? :roll:

3 weeks of good results over the last 9 months puts some perspective on your eye rolling.
Teams like Morecambe

Postby SupermarketShrimp » Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:55 am

Terrible result terrible performance

We have a small squad on a shoestring

I'll judge them on the fight they show next week. We were shit against Grimsby and sorted it out.

Where we are and our positioned we will have to accept the odd humping. It's how we react to it that matters
SupermarketShrimp

Postby morecambegeek » Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:20 am

SupermarketShrimp wrote:

I'll judge them on the fight they show next week. We were shit against Grimsby and sorted it out.

Small, limited squads don't get to pick and choose when they show fight.
morecambegeek

Postby asda shrimp » Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:48 am

SupermarketShrimp wrote:Terrible result terrible performance

Where we are and our positioned we will have to accept the odd humping. It's how we react to it that matters
We all know what happened last season but let's not panic yet,we have just played two very good teams let's see if jim can get a reaction from the players or it could be another long season.
asda shrimp

Postby Westgate Wanderer » Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:15 am

We had a great August, now reality is biting back!! We now look like last seasons team! We got away with it (amazingly) against Pompey, Accy battered us and should've been out of sight before Hughes got his marching orders. Can we bury our terrible result from last season on saturday?? Barky's face was a pic of horror when Moly told him to go to righback! He wandered back looking dejected and shrugged his shoulders. Why didn't Aaron replace Conlon? Surely better than reshuffling the entire side into a weaker set up!! All credit to Doncaster though they had a plan... pass it to each other and move! :cry:
Don't worry be happy!
Westgate Wanderer

Postby SupermarketShrimp » Mon Sep 12, 2016 4:16 am

Well the first 4 home games were against sides we will expect to see in the top 6/7 this season. Won 2, narrowly lost one, battered in the other.

That's good.

Next three games are crucial. 5/6 points from them and we are half way safe with 10 games gone.

We need to sack off this efl trophy crap. Though the 10k for winning a fixture.......
SupermarketShrimp

Postby black morse » Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:36 am

Now I haven't attended any of the matches this year so all I have to go off is the reports of you guys. I also must stress that i don't know anything that you don't but we played poorly against Grimsby and after that we did well. Things were looking up, even in the matches we were only just winning (or in the case of Leyton O. only just losing) we were at least showing a fighting spirit that was not there last year. There were some reports of Jim actually patrolling his area and urging the team on.

Suddenly last Saturday we were back to the bad old days with most of the team being accused of not trying and Jim staying seated showing no encouragement for the players. Why the sudden switch? Is this the actions of a manager, who has just been awarded Manager of the Month, fighting to keep his job under a potential new owner or one who knows his fate already?

As I say I no nothing that you don't know but perhaps we ought to get off Jim's back for a short while in case he knows much more than we do.
black morse

Postby SupermarketShrimp » Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:01 am

morecambegeek wrote:
SupermarketShrimp wrote:

Small, limited squads don't get to pick and choose when they show fight.

Every now and then they'll fuck up and get it wholly and completely wrong. Which Saturday was. Analyse, learn, come back again next week.

Every single experienced manager at this level bangs on about the amazing job Jim has done with bugger all resources. What does that tell you. This is not an attractive proposition for anyone (though saying that, given the rumours Robbie Fowler is looking for a managerial stint lower down the pyramid, anything could happen) so we really should count our blessings.

We have 40ish cup finals left until a takeover and new finance can make us competitive again. I suggest we focus on backing the lot we have.
SupermarketShrimp

Postby morecambegeek » Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:12 am

SupermarketShrimp wrote:
Every now and then they'll oops up and get it wholly and completely wrong. Which Saturday was. Analyse, learn, come back again next week.

Not talking about a tactical mess up, wrong team selection or bad substitutions. Talking about a lack of fight.

You can't mess up not showing any fight or determination.
morecambegeek

Postby SupermarketShrimp » Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:18 pm

morecambegeek wrote:
SupermarketShrimp wrote:
Every now and then they'll oops up and get it wholly and completely wrong. Which Saturday was. Analyse, learn, come back again next week.

Not talking about a tactical mess up, wrong team selection or bad substitutions. Talking about a lack of fight.

You can't mess up not showing any fight or determination.

You turn up at work and give 100% every single day? Good lad.

Sometimes, it doesn't work, you can't get into what you are doing and you're made to look like an idiot. We have such a young squad that they don't have the ability to shut up shop and just not concede anymore. I remember when City beat United 6-1, there was a thing in the media someone released that as professional footballers, when the games up, your experienced players shut up the shop and close the back door. I go through that side and we've got Roche, Rose and Ellison who've been there and done that, that's just not enough experience and it'll show. Experience costs money.

It won't be the last humping we get, and I suggest that people wetting the bed at the first sign of it are not helping matters. I listened to Jim's interview and he said it was the manner of the defeat rather than the defeat and I trust him to sort it.

Every week, just keep looking at 23rd position and counting the points clear of it, this is going to be a season without much fun punctuated by the odd Portsmouth victory.

If the response by this lot after the Grimsby debacle is enough to go by, we should see much better at Cambridge.
SupermarketShrimp

Postby Scotty » Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:32 pm

SupermarketShrimp wrote:
It won't be the last humping we get ....

Kenneth-Williams3.jpg
Kenneth-Williams3.jpg (7.34 KiB) Viewed 2010 times
Scotty

Postby morecambegeek » Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:41 pm

SupermarketShrimp wrote:
You turn up at work and give 100% every single day? Good lad.

Nope. But I don't expect 2000 people to turn up and pay £17 to watch me do my job either.

We're not the best team in the league. We're going to get beaten from time to time. We won't get the tactics right every week. We'll make mistakes every week.

The only thing the players can do every week is give 100%. Performances like Saturday are more forgivable if the players actually look like they put a shift in. I'm not wetting the bed, but I'm also not going to pay £17 per match to watch another season of half-assed effort like we had last year. Every point matters this year.
morecambegeek

Postby skeletor » Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:15 pm

Each day i get home hoping to see confirmation of the proposed takeover byDiego.the club needs a new start,from management both on and off the pitch, including the commercial /promotion parts which seems to be clueless! I think we have some good players but they can only play the way they are told to.We thought jim deserved his chance as manager and he has had it,but never seems to learn from his mistakes.A lot of people will not come back to watch until he goes.Hopefully a revolution is on the way.
skeletor

Postby Freez » Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:39 pm

Don't hold your breath.
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Postby Heysham Shrimp 51 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:42 pm

Once again sat on his arse the whole game,totally baffling,last 3 games,Howe,Hessentaller and Ferguson in technical area most of the game, :(
Heysham Shrimp 51

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion