Jim Bentley Out

Re: Jim Bentley Out

Postby Doonhamer » Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:26 pm

Slanester wrote:
Doonhamer wrote:[

Not sure where that comment fits with relation to anything football, or why I am bothering to reply, but “Out“ for me.

Willing to gamble on the future of the country though.

Wrong forum :!: :!:

Well you should have not answered the question.
More faces than the town hall clock
Doonhamer

Postby Keith » Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:35 pm

Doonhamer wrote:Keith
What a ridiculous suggestion what the outers want. We don’t want Christie park or the 60 ,s back we want a successful team which for some time now we do not have.

FFS are you going to stalk me getting your knickers in a twist every time I post 'a joke'? How many smilie faces do you need before you think it may be humour? Whether you think it was funny or not is a different issue.

Doonhamer wrote:What is a budget got to do with sh** team selection sh** tactics and poor team performence

Well, perhaps, if we could afford better players, we'd play them and in a different style? Jim didn't want to lose Barkhausen, Miller or Devitt. Would they all be playing if still here?

I get frustrated with Jim's tactics too, the difference is, I accept that he is managing from a position that should have led to us being relegated years ago. Not often the bookies get it wrong, but we've been the favourite for relegation every year that he's been the manager.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Doonhamer » Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:59 pm

Keith
You are too easy to wind up. Chill man.
Doonhamer

Postby roogler » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:06 pm

Pointless exercise continuing this debate as none of us are in a position to do anything about it- apart from those of us who would prefer another man in charge.

Just as wouldn't go back to a restaurant time after time that constantly served up crap food , enough is enough.I will simply now stop coming and leave JB and his "style of football" to those who want him there.
Save me a 300+ mile round trip and spend my £'s elsewhere - oh , and I won't be back on here- no doubt another added bonus for some
roogler

Postby Doonhamer » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:26 pm

Just like roogler I’m off this site. Too many halfwits unable to have a grown up conversation.
Doonhamer

Postby Seasider9601 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:44 am

Hope the door didn't bang you too hard on the arse when you left.
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby Slanester » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:04 am

Doonhamer wrote:
Slanester wrote:
Doonhamer wrote:[

Not sure where that comment fits with relation to anything football, or why I am bothering to reply, but “Out“ for me.

Willing to gamble on the future of the country though.

Wrong forum :!: :!:

Well you should have not answered the question.
More faces than the town hall clock

Thanks. Useful input to the thread.
Last edited by Slanester on Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Slanester

Postby Slanester » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:16 am

roogler wrote:Pointless exercise continuing this debate as none of us are in a position to do anything about it- apart from those of us who would prefer another man in charge.

Just as wouldn't go back to a restaurant time after time that constantly served up crap food , enough is enough.I will simply now stop coming and leave JB and his "style of football" to those who want him there.
Save me a 300+ mile round trip and spend my £'s elsewhere - oh , and I won't be back on here- no doubt another added bonus for some

The debate isn’t pointless. What it proves, is that we all, ultimately want the same things for, and from our club. We just differ in our opinions, as to how we feel that can be achieved.
Slanester

Postby Phil Anderer » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:57 am

Slanester's made a good point there. To a man or woman, none of us goes away happy with what we've seen every week, and some weeks worse than others. I disagree with some people over nothing ever changing, as this season we have seen a change in the style of play, certainly earlier in the season, where we saw more ball on the floor, passing the ball and build-up play, rather than hoofball. We seem, however to have stalled in that regard, and I totally agree that frequently Jim seems unable to learn from his mistakes, and that is the most frustrating thing for me. He's no longer a 'young' manager, having had a number of seasons now to develop his trade, albeit severely hampered by budget constraints. I freely admit I don't know the best way forward, but I've never (I hope, 'never's a big word) been one for knee-jerk reactions, preferring a measured, considered approach. At present though, on balance, I'd prefer to see Jim change, and learn, rather than hoof him out for an unknown quantity, but who knows if he's capable of that.
The 3 rules of Fascism:
1. Make stuff up;
2. Scream it loudly;
3. Kill people.
(copyright Eddie Izzard)
Phil Anderer

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:23 am

He needs to go out on loan for a while, see what it's like somewhere else and meanwhile we can see what it's like with someone else in our technical area, see who does best, win win.
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Phil Anderer » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:26 am

marky No.1 wrote:He needs to go out on loan for a while, see what it's like somewhere else and meanwhile we can see what it's like with someone else in our technical area, see who does best, win win.

Need to find someone who'll do a temporary job swap. Like the idea though.
The 3 rules of Fascism:
1. Make stuff up;
2. Scream it loudly;
3. Kill people.
(copyright Eddie Izzard)
Phil Anderer

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:04 pm

Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby jbc.shrimp » Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:01 pm

It seems people on here are saying our problem is our attack. If people want attacking change why not simply swap Ken and Jim round ?? Just an opinion ! !
jbc.shrimp

Postby RedRampage » Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:22 pm

jbc.shrimp wrote:It seems people on here are saying our problem is our attack. If people want attacking change why not simply swap Ken and Jim round ?? Just an opinion ! !

No thanks! They both need to go! We need a complete overhaul of management and coaches.
RedRampage

Postby parkyboy » Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:36 pm

Bring back SILVER GREY
parkyboy

Postby RapidShrimp » Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:30 pm

• 1 win in last 12 games
• 1 point above relegation zone
• another spiritless and awful performance
• what was the team selection/tactics?
• worst form in the league
• teams around us changing managers and having success with it

Therefore, it is now or never... BENTLEY OUT.

... and don’t say this is a knee-jerk reaction, it’s been going on for years
RapidShrimp

Postby Keith » Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:39 pm

RapidShrimp wrote:• another spiritless and awful performance

Thought we looked excellent in the second half and we battered Stevenage, who were time wasting all over the place, clinging on for a point. Not bad against a team on the edge of the play-offs.

Notts County managers (including caretakers) since August of last year:

Kevin Nolan (until August 2018)
Steve Chettle/Mark Crossley (until Sept 2018)
Harry Kewell (until November 2018)
Steve Chettle (until November 2018)
Neal Ardley (until now)

Teams around us, changing managers and NOT having success with it.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

Keith
Site Admin

Postby RapidShrimp » Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:43 pm

Keith wrote:

Thought we looked excellent in the second half and we battered Stevenage, who were time wasting all over the place, clinging on for a point. Not bad against a team on the edge of the play-offs.

Neal Ardley (until now)

I can’t believe you’re ignoring the success at Maccy... And we had about 25 minutes of that game where we actually looked like we were professionals... I’m sorry Keith but any other manager who suffers so many bad results in a row, season after season, gets sacked instantly, I can’t believe how you still support him considering how bad he has been... At least consider my valid points before you pick the anomalies hat suggest Jim is a world beater... :roll:
RapidShrimp

Postby RapidShrimp » Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:44 pm

Keith wrote:

Neal Ardley (until now)

And you completely bypass the other points I’ve made about our woeful form and league position... get a grip please
RapidShrimp

Postby Keith » Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:00 pm

I'm not ignoring your points, I'm giving balance. Two teams below us. One changed managers twice this season and are now getting success. The other changed manager on multiple occasions this season and still failing.

Macclesfield's third manager of the season has got them playing again. Notts County are still losing.

What I'm saying is it can go either way, swapping managers does not guarantee success.

Today, I thought we were really unlucky in the second half, but bloody awful in the first half. Do you think Stevenage deserved to win?

Keith
Site Admin

Postby BerlinWaller » Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:07 pm

Keith wrote:I'm not ignoring your points, I'm giving balance. Two teams below us. One changed managers twice this season and are now getting success. The other changed manager on multiple occasions this season and still failing.
Macclesfield's third manager of the season has got them playing again. Notts County are still losing.

What I'm saying is it can go either way, swapping managers does not guarantee success.

Today, I thought we were really unlucky in the second half, but bloody awful in the first half. Do you think Stevenage deserved to win?

What was the Einstein quote you used to have as your footnote on here Keith? Something about doing the same thing over and over being crazy?

Enough is enough. Go now Jim.
BerlinWaller

Postby MfcChris » Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:10 pm

Keith wrote:

Thought we looked excellent in the second half and we battered Stevenage

Keith, you are somewhat deluded. I see comments from you like unlucky, played excellent that half, too good to go down etc. I don’t want Jim to go but never see all these excellent unlucky games/halves you see. Good sometimes yes but not excellent.
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby broadwayshrimp » Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:17 pm

If the Board and Owners were intending to get rid of JB then surely they would have done so before the transfer window opened so that a new manager had the chance to bring his own players in. The fact he's still here suggests they still have faith in him.
broadwayshrimp

Postby Phoenix Shrimp 2017 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:26 pm

He won't be going anywhere anytime soon and it's all down to finance. We can't afford to pay them off (him and Ken) and we couldn't afford to support a new manager with the funds they might demand to try and move us forward; so the powers that be maintain the Status Quo. It is now depressingly repetitive, nothing ever seems to change. We cling onto EFL membership (which surely can't last much longer) and can't win a cup game anymore to save our lives! A bit of a cup run would lift the gloom but it never happens. You'll only see the back of him when we inevitably go down (probably at the end of this season) and then like Brexit it's anybodies guess what happens next. He survives because it's 'Little old Morecambe' and we are where we should be. BOLLOCKS, many other smallish set ups have punched well above their weight so why shouldn't we?

Yours in frustration!

UTS.
Phoenix Shrimp 2017

Postby BerlinWaller » Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:55 pm

Phoenix Shrimp 2017 wrote:He won't be going anywhere anytime soon and it's all down to finance. We can't afford to pay them off (him and Ken) and we couldn't afford to support a new manager with the funds they might demand to try and move us forward; so the powers that be maintain the Status Quo. It is now depressingly repetitive, nothing ever seems to change. We cling onto EFL membership (which surely can't last much longer) and can't win a cup game anymore to save our lives! A bit of a cup run would lift the gloom but it never happens. You'll only see the back of him when we inevitably go down (probably at the end of this season) and then like Brexit it's anybodies guess what happens next. He survives because it's 'Little old Morecambe' and we are where we should be. BOLLOCKS, many other smallish set ups have punched well above their weight so why shouldn't we?

Yours in frustration!

UTS.

He survives because he has made it little old Morecambe with the way he has limited our expectations with his negativity. His Disciples will be working like little beevers over the coming days trying to make us believe how unlucky we were and how blessed we are to have Jim.
BerlinWaller

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion