Jim Bentley Out

Re: Jim Bentley Out

Postby redrobo » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:44 am

mrpotatohead wrote:I have nits :lol:

Ooooops :oops: ...I read that as 'I am nuts'....then I read it again.... :o
redrobo

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:29 pm

Macclesfield's game tonight postponed so if Carlisle beat Notts County we will be at least 8 points clear of the drop zone and possibly 11 clear.
Gone_Shrimping

Postby black morse » Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:50 pm

Gone_Shrimping wrote:Macclesfield's game tonight postponed so if Carlisle beat Notts County we will be at least 8 points clear of the drop zone and possibly 11 clear.

Yes. Don't tell Jim but I think a point from every game will now see us clear of the drop zone ;) :lol:
black morse

Postby mrpotatohead » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:31 pm

JIM OUT???? Hahaha, not a chance!!!
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby Slanester » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:34 pm

Plenty of Jimbo chants from the Morecambe faithful tonight.
Slanester

Postby RedRampage » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:26 am

Hopefully we have turned the corner, and can start looking towards a mid table finish. I just hope Jim stays with this formation with 2 up top, it's much more effective.

COYS
RedRampage

Postby jbc.shrimp » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:27 am

Never mind leave and remain. After last night how many JB out's have converted to In's.
jbc.shrimp

Postby Doonhamer » Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:14 pm

jbc.shrimp wrote:Never mind leave and remain. After last night how many JB out's have converted to In's.

Hi JBC i admire your optimism but I continue to think that Mr Bentley has run his course and he and the board should still consider his position at the end of the season regardless of the final placing when all is done. 2 wins does not erase the lacklustre performances over the past 4 years. I am sure some will disagree and we all know who they are.
Doonhamer

Postby al1 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:37 pm

I agree with mr doonhammer wholeheartedly,time for new ideas please
al1

Postby Doonhamer » Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:42 pm

al1 wrote:I agree with mr doonhammer wholeheartedly,time for new ideas please

Thank you Mr Al1 :D
Doonhamer

Postby Freez » Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:58 pm

One swallow doesn’t etc etc, so I can see why some wouldn’t change their minds, not yet anyhow.
At least we are having a go at teams now, and for all our good football this season, as has been acknowledged, we are at last taking some of the chances we are creating!
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Postby Keith » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:04 pm

Doonhamer wrote:
2 wins does not erase the lacklustre performances over the past 4 years. I am sure some will disagree and we all know who they are.

Genuinely, not even trying to be funny, when you first joined, I misread your nickname as 'Doom-hammer'.

I must have had a premonition.

You know who will disagree just as much as we know who will disagree with us. But can't we all just enjoy the last couple of games for a bit longer before the Doom & Gloom hammer us once more?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Doonhamer » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:24 pm

Hi Keith no not the voice of doom but easy mistake to make as I thought someone from morecambe was a sangroanan. Not taking away from the last 2 performances they have been superb. I hope they continue and league footy for another year. but my opinion does not change.
Last edited by Doonhamer on Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doonhamer

Postby BerlinWaller » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:37 pm

Doonhamer wrote:Hi Keith no not the voice of doom but easy mistake to make as I thought is was sangroanan. Not taking away from the last 2 performances they have been superb. I hope they continue.

It has never been a personal attack on jim despite people trying to spin it that way. It has never been a us and them scenario. It has turned in to a pantomime on here which does make for good fun but it has never been about putting doom and gloom on the club. All I have wanted is a change of attitude and more attacking football. I have been watching Morecambe long enough to know part of the deal is we are not going to win every week. I am glad Jim seems to have gone with a more positive attitude and the club is a better place for it. The change on here and the ground is tangible and long may it continue.
BerlinWaller

Postby Keith » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:03 pm

BerlinWaller wrote:
Doonhamer wrote:Hi Keith no not the voice of doom but easy mistake to make as I thought is was sangroanan. Not taking away from the last 2 performances they have been superb. I hope they continue.

It has never been a personal attack on jim despite people trying to spin it that way. It has never been a us and them scenario. It has turned in to a pantomime on here which does make for good fun but it has never been about putting doom and gloom on the club. All I have wanted is a change of attitude and more attacking football. I have been watching Morecambe long enough to know part of the deal is we are not going to win every week. I am glad Jim seems to have gone with a more positive attitude and the club is a better place for it. The change on here and the ground is tangible and long may it continue.

I don't think, despite our disagreements in the past, that we're too far away from each other in opinion, only the way forward is different. It wouldn't be too hard to find posts over numerous seasons, where I've been critical of Jim being too defence minded and wanting to see two up front and a Jim Harvey style you score two, we'll score three' mentality. But, despite the criticisms, I think Jim has been restricted by the hand he's been dealt. And I think he's played a blinder with a crap hand.

What we can all agree on, is the last two games have been superb. His January freebee's have been fantastic. Long may it continue. And long may we go home from the match or watching/listening on iPlayer with a big smile! :D :D :D
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby BerlinWaller » Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:29 pm

Keith wrote:
BerlinWaller wrote:

I don't think, despite our disagreements in the past, that we're too far away from each other in opinion, only the way forward is different. It wouldn't be too hard to find posts over numerous seasons, where I've been critical of Jim being too defence minded and wanting to see two up front and a Jim Harvey style you score two, we'll score three' mentality. But, despite the criticisms, I think Jim has been restricted by the hand he's been dealt. And I think he's played a blinder with a crap hand.

What we can all agree on, is the last two games have been superb. His January freebee's have been fantastic. Long may it continue. And long may we go home from the match or watching/listening on iPlayer with a big smile! :D :D :D

It was Jim's reluctance to change the system and some players that caused the frustration. The negative interviews and atmosphere around the club was horrible. The last 2 games have gone some way to improving that but the positivity has to be sustained.

It is hard to knock fans for being upset by saying there are things we don't know about. Some fans don't want to get involved with the politics and behind the scenes stuff. Some on here seem to know everything without ever saying bit use it as a stick to quell any uprising.
BerlinWaller

Postby Posh » Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:50 pm

The ‘people with inside knowledge’ versus ‘those outside’ is a bogus one. Yes, there will be information about individual players that gets shared privately but can’t be made public, which seems unfair but doesn’t change the overwhelming evidence that we’re one of the poorest supported teams in the League, which means we don’t have the income to compete on any regular basis. Additionally, there is overwhelming evidence that we recruit players who are capable of improving us long-term who get offered deals to leave us (Edwards, McGowan, Barky, Baker, etc.); that Jim doesn’t lose good players by his choice and is usually right about those he let’s go (Amond excepted); and lastly he has been hampered in his job on occasions (Miller and Devitt).
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby BerlinWaller » Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:10 pm

Posh wrote:The ‘people with inside knowledge’ versus ‘those outside’ is a bogus one. Yes, there will be information about individual players that gets shared privately but can’t be made public, which seems unfair but doesn’t change the overwhelming evidence that we’re one of the poorest supported teams in the League, which means we don’t have the income to compete on any regular basis. Additionally, there is overwhelming evidence that we recruit players who are capable of improving us long-term who get offered deals to leave us (Edwards, McGowan, Barky, Baker, etc.); that Jim doesn’t lose good players by his choice and is usually right about those he let’s go (Amond excepted); and lastly he has been hampered in his job on occasions (Miller and Devitt).

I disagree. The amount of times i have been told "but you don't know what is going on" or "the new owners are wanting to asset strip the club and build houses" by people is crazy. There are a few on here that are in the know and love being so.
BerlinWaller

Postby Freez » Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:07 pm

I think some people think others know more, and others like to hint they know but probably don’t, while most of us know a bit but would like to know more, if that makes sense?
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Postby black morse » Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:24 pm

Freez wrote:I think some people think others know more, and others like to hint they know but probably don’t, while most of us know a bit but would like to know more, if that makes sense?

Errrm! :lol:
black morse

Postby BerlinWaller » Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:27 pm

Freez wrote:I think some people think others know more, and others like to hint they know but probably don’t, while most of us know a bit but would like to know more, if that makes sense?

I get that, everybody likes to think they know something others don't. Those of us that don't know like to speculate and talk about it on here. My point is that I judge Jim on what I see and not on anything that may hinder him behind the scenes. We all know the budget restrictions but some people allude to other factors that us mere punters know nothing about.

This week we have had CC's training ground expose and I have been told Jim is leaving in the summer due to budget frustrations.
BerlinWaller

Postby redrobo » Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:38 pm

BerlinWaller wrote:

I get that, everybody likes to think they know something others don't. Those of us that don't know like to speculate and talk about it on here. My point is that I judge Jim on what I see and not on anything that may hinder him behind the scenes. We all know the budget restrictions but some people allude to other factors that us mere punters know nothing about.

This week we have had CC's training ground expose and I have been told Jim is leaving in the summer due to budget frustrations.

Must say that I'm surprised that the news about the training ground that was told to a group of us last Saturday by a club official hasn't been made public yet.

:o :o :o
redrobo

Postby HALMA 1983 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:51 pm

BerlinWaller wrote:

What timing with Scholes walking, no doubts Jim will be top of the list of replacements and he'll be welcomed with open arms in Oldham.
HALMA 1983

Postby Freez » Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:08 pm

Please can somebody enlighten this mushroom as to what has or is happening about training then?
Or a rumour about Jim leaving?
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Postby Phoenix Shrimp 2017 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:31 pm

OLDHAMADE wrote:
BerlinWaller wrote:

What timing with Scholes walking, no doubts Jim will be top of the list of replacements and he'll be welcomed with open arms in Oldham.

Jim might be daft at times buy he ain't stupid.Who in their right mind would take the Oldham job whilst Lemsagem owns the club? If you're not winning every game you would be presented with your P45 after a couple of months. Yet another foreign owner with their own crazy ideas!
Phoenix Shrimp 2017

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion