itv 1 right now...

itv 1 right now...

Postby marti » Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:35 pm

the championships on right now if you wanna see those 'lucky' goals-hehehehe!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
marti

Re: itv 1 right now...

Postby firthy_SexGod » Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:45 am

Oh aye, the first one was deffo handball. :?

Ooo,ooo and the second was obviously offside. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Oh and did anybody see that fat man, he must of put the Morecambe defence of when Nicky Law slotted home that 25 yarder....Oooops, that was the Morecambe physio. :oops:
firthy_SexGod

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:30 am

Just as a matter of interest Bradford fans, do your club actually own Valley Parade or is it Council owned and you pay rent on it ?
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby Christies Child » Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:16 am

Never let it be said that we MFC fans aren't an honest bunch when it comes to deciding if something is or isn't.

For what it's worth, the first goal could have been a handball....the second could have been offside....the third, I'll give them that...the fourth didn't look intentional.

How's that for a bit of fairness?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Ken Barlow » Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:32 pm

Heysham_Shrimp wrote:Just as a matter of interest Bradford fans, do your club actually own Valley Parade or is it Council owned and you pay rent on it ?

Our Ex chairman owns it, Its not council ownder, allthough they keep trying to get us to move to a joint ground with the Bradford Bulls.
Ken Barlow

Postby cibasteve » Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:29 pm

Ken Barlow wrote:
Heysham_Shrimp wrote:Just as a matter of interest Bradford fans, do your club actually own Valley Parade or is it Council owned and you pay rent on it ?

Our Ex chairman owns it, Its not council ownder, allthough they keep trying to get us to move to a joint ground with the Bradford Bulls.

Gordon Gibbs pension fund actually own it Ken.
The lease is for 25 years and for the first 5 years the rent was £317k pa, it's now gone up to £339k pa.
Purchasing back the ground is something I know our Chairmen wish to do but everytime Gibb or his pension fund trustees are approached they never answer the calls.
As for sharing with the Bulls that's only going to happen when they play at VP whilst the Odsal Sports Village get's built.
Which of course as more chance of being built than I have of becoming popular on here :D
Never trust anyone who doesn't like football
cibasteve

Postby Christies Child » Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:00 pm

cibasteve wrote:
Ken Barlow wrote:

Gordon Gibbs pension fund actually own it Ken.
The lease is for 25 years and for the first 5 years the rent was £317k pa, it's now gone up to £339k pa.
Purchasing back the ground is something I know our Chairmen wish to do but everytime Gibb or his pension fund trustees are approached they never answer the calls.
As for sharing with the Bulls that's only going to happen when they play at VP whilst the Odsal Sports Village get's built.
Which of course as more chance of being built than I have of becoming popular on here :D

On the face of it, this seems a huge figure to have to find each season.

However it's been well documented that sales of Bradford Season Tickets total around 10,000. Even at the reduced figure of £150 that brings in a total income from Season Tickets alone of £1.5million (assuming i've got my maths right :?: ).

After the cost of hiring the ground it still leaves a healthy balance of over £1.1million.

Not bad for a League 2 club!
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby cibasteve » Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:08 pm

On the face of it, this seems a huge figure to have to find each season.

However it's been well documented that sales of Bradford Season Tickets total around 10,000. Even at the reduced figure of £150 that brings in a total income from Season Tickets alone of £1.5million (assuming i've got my maths right :?: ).

After the cost of hiring the ground it still leaves a healthy balance of over £1.1million.

Not bad for a League 2 club!

Also add to that the £378k it costs us to rent back the office block,shop and cafe area from a London based property company.
However we do have a great commercial team who have all but cleared that debt off by renting out the spare office space to companies.
Our electricity bill alone is well over £150k and that was at last years figures.
All running costs exceed £1million before payment of any wages.
cibasteve

Postby morecambe mick » Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:31 pm

I wonder how much bearing that has in deciding the match day prices... :lol:

I'm sorry I couldn't resist, I'm not moaning :o , honest.

Like CC said it is alot of money to find each season, and as you say a hell of alot goes on electickery.
Overall a big undertaking, you can't afford to languish in League Two for long can you?

I personally don't believe you'll be here next season, as long as we are - I don't care.
As long as Wycombe go up too (it's more interesting when there's money on it ;) )
morecambe mick

Postby cibasteve » Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:59 pm

morecambe mick wrote:I wonder how much bearing that has in deciding the match day prices... :lol:

Like CC said it is alot of money to find each season, and as you say a hell of alot goes on electickery.
Overall a big undertaking, you can't afford to languish in League Two for long can you?

I personally don't believe you'll be here next season, as long as we are - I don't care.
As long as Wycombe go up too (it's more interesting when there's money on it ;) )

That i'm sure is the deciding factor.
The advanced season ticket sale money is put in a trust and drawn on throughout the season.
Obviously it will attract a good deal of interest, not as much now as the base rate has tumbled but that money determines the budget for the season at BCFC.
We owned our own ground and office complex but had to sell to pay off the debt in the 2nd administration period.
We had no assets as everything was leased so we are crippled with having to find £378k and £339k per season before a sale has been made.
cibasteve

Postby firthy_SexGod » Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:18 pm

morecambe mick wrote:I wonder how much bearing that has in deciding the match day prices... :lol:

You're indeed correct, we cannot afford to stay in this league as long as another year or two but that apply's to most in this league aswell. The majority of the clubs who find themselves in this league for a longish period do have considerably 'large' debts for a league 2 club. We could probably afford to stay in this league another season before we hit financial trouble yet again but the way things are going play-offs look almost garunteed. Take that into consideration and also our larger fanbase than most in this league we'll probably get around 18,000 for the home play-off tie which could leave us right in the money. Then if we do reach Wembley and we do lose and correct me if im wrong but don't the losers take the full gate receipts home? If so, the last time we went to Wembley we took 33,000+, so whatever way you look at it we're not in any major financial difficulty whatsoever.

We've already sold 3,000+ season tickets for next year already with price ranging from £99 - £138, that's around £414,000 so far for next season. I just hope we do manage promotion this season because the ST scheme will come into great affect if we do in league 1 next year.
firthy_SexGod

Return to General Discussion