FAO Dannyboy

FAO Dannyboy

Postby cibasteve » Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:10 pm

Dannyboy wrote.
You must agree that we were unlucky to lose 4-0 we were the better footballing side surely you must appreciate that

Danny i'll give you my considered answer, it may not be what you want to here but it's my opinion.
I don't know why your admin person locked the thread because if you want an answer i'll give you it.

Right here goes.
Were you unlucky to loose 4-0.
Yes but you were playing a team who are clinical in their finishing, we are 2nd top scorers in the league and Boulding and Thorne have probably featured in only half our games but are on double figures I believe.
Another team in our league and you may have even got a point.
I can see where you are coming from in believing you played well, that's because you did play well.
All the teams we play against do the same to us, we sit back and allow teams to play football and have the possession.
The other week Dagenham who are the top scorers in our league by a country mile only scored once but had about 70% of the possession.
We just hit teams on the break and we are clinical in our finishing.
I firmly believe teams in our league are very much similar and anyone can beat each other apart from Wycombe and Brentford as it turns out.
Strangely enough a team we played off the park two weeks ago and lost to a goal in the last minute of injury time.
So our system allows the opposition to play football.
Now this is a constructive critisism, if you find another striker to partner that lad Howe you may climb the league.
Whether or not you would reach the play offs I don't know but based on the fact that anyone can beat anyone in this league i'd say it will be a tall order.
I'll also say that when we play you at yours you'll see us play the same tactics and you'll have the same amount of possession.
Sharpen up your centre backs and you might hold us, it's ok going forward and looking good but if you can't defend against the opposition you'll conceed.
Look at the goals we scored, the 1st our midfielder walked through your central defence who seemed to be playing the 'after you' game.
The 2nd goal was Boulding out pacing your central defence then the clinical finish came into play.
The 3rd was a good strike but had he been closed down quicker he maybe wouldn't have got a good shot in.
As for the penalty, well i've seen them given and i've seen them waved away.
Still would you rather conceed a 4th from a dodgy penalty decision in our game or conceed it in the next game when you are 1-0 up with 5 minutes to play?
To be honest I think a 2-0 scoreline would have been fair but that's the game of football for you.
Just look at the crap dealt out to us at Brentford.
I'm looking forward to the game at your's on Easter Friday and hope of course it's a Good Friday for us.
One more thing, I did say on the eve of our game the tactics we would employ, I think McCall got it spot on against you.
Sometimes it's not pretty but the results sometimes justify the performance.
Never trust anyone who doesn't like football
cibasteve

Re: FAO Dannyboy

Postby Keith » Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:19 pm

cibasteve wrote:I don't know why your admin person locked the thread because if you want an answer i'll give you it.

It's not difficult, the reason I locked the thread was actually written in the thread...

Keith wrote:don't bloody encourage him! And if you must wind him up to wind some of ours up, at least do it in an existing thread where it is easier to clean the mess up :roll:

So, use one of the many threads about the game, or use the PM feature to chat with each other. You could even use the chat room to talk about the game. If Dannyboy wishes to come back at you, he can do so in one of the other threads or via PM or in the chat room... Am I labouring the point?

Any more new threads about the game will get dumped, even if they are making a reasonable point.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion