O/T KEN PARKER POP LEGEND

O/T KEN PARKER POP LEGEND

Postby mrpotatohead » Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:35 pm

Ken was a much loved director and loyal servant to our club for many years, I used to have many a pint with him in the d and p, and I remember, when I once moved some furniture for him , chatting about Morecambe in the sixties, Ken produced a load of photos of himself and a band he used to sing in, at all the local 60's music haunts, can anyone on here remember kens band?
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Re: O/T KEN PARKER POP LEGEND

Postby sandgrown » Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:04 pm

yes it was the Falcons, my wife's uncle Mike Heap played with him, I remember watching them upstairs at the Kings Arms before going onto the C.Pier, great days :D
sandgrown

Postby mrpotatohead » Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:26 pm

I have spoken to somebody who doesn't come on here, who also confirmed to me that it was indeed the falcons, and that the band all wore silver grey mohalr suits, exept for our Ken, who wore a gold one!

Apparently ken had a stage name too but he couldn't remember it, he could be an awkward old sod Ken, but he had a heart of gold, I miss him.
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby marky No.1 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:53 pm

Never saw him in his band, but was always talking about it. A good singer with the mic in his hand. Peter Howard can tell some stories.
Now where's that fiver.........
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Seasider9601 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:58 pm

Where is Peter this season Mark??
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby Keith » Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:52 am

Was chatting to Ken one time about The Philippines. We had a few Filipino staff on the unit I managed. I'd been considering visiting. Ken told me about his golf buddy, a Senator. He gave me the Senator's card, with personal number on it and said if I did go, keep the card on me as a literally 'get out of jail free' card.

I went in to work and was having a bit of craic with the staff. A couple of them made some 'cheeky' comments and I said 'be careful or I'll tell Senator 'X' about you'. They didn't believe I knew the Senator until I produced his card. Their faces dropped and I realised they were actually, genuinely scared! I had to convince them that I was joking. Apparently, after the President, he was probably the most powerful man in the country. What he said went, no questions asked. Moved in interesting circles did Ken.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby SolentShrimp » Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:05 am

When me and Doris returned to UK from living in Cyprus in 2006 we initially rented a flat on Princes Crescent [Bare] which Ken Parker owned.
I found him an odd person to deal with, in fact on the phone he called himself a different name.
We all have Human Rights, but they come with Human Responsibilities. Ignore the latter and you risk losing the rights to the former.

People who campaign for equality and freedom of speech amaze me. Disagree with them, and you'll be shouted down.
SolentShrimp

Postby marky No.1 » Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:55 am

Senator X gave me his card when we were in the Phillipines, a man of power everyone jumped when he entered a room .

Peter is busy doing commercial time for Slyne FC
marky No.1

Postby anfieldmagic » Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:54 am

Peter Howard although doing a bit of commercial stuff at Slyne is still at every home and away game, as a life vice-president he greets away directors upstairs. He also goes on the team bus to all away games a fantastic servant to the club......
anfieldmagic

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:08 am

anfieldmagic wrote: a fantastic servant to the club......

Agreed! Used to go everywhere (well nearly) with Ken
marky No.1

Postby silverdaleshrimp » Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:22 pm

I was a Director of the club in the early 2000s, had many a great away trip with Ken and couldn't possibly repeat some of his stories. I often meet up with Graham Hodgson and it doesn't take long before we start reminiscing about Ken. His stage name was Mark Question.
silverdaleshrimp

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:43 pm

Blimey 6 years since we wondered where Ken was before kick off against Burton Albion..how time flies :(

We beat them 2.1 that day and look at them now... wonder what Uncle Ken would think of all these goings on ?
marky No.1

Postby marky No.1 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:49 pm

9 years, can't imagine Ken being without a bar to stand against all this time.
marky No.1

Return to General Discussion