The brawl

The brawl

Postby Teams like Morecambe » Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:56 pm

Firstly lets establish the facts rather than starting rumours. If I'm wrong then please correct me but as far as I'm aware the following occurred;

- A minority singing sectarian songs.
- They are warned by 1 steward.
- The same songs continue.
- A fan takes exception to said songs and confronts the group.
- A brawl occurs which divides those behind the goal.

Clearly sectarian songs are unacceptable and it is understandable that some may have been offended. But why the Union Flag why the songs? I haven't heard these at our games before. I doubt they were trying to offend their fellow supporters or those of the opposition. So why? Maybe I'm reading too much in to this but there has been tensions between fans and stewards all season. We have a steward with a NI accent. Are these fans aware of his religious preferences and are having a dig at him? Only speculation by me on this one but I don't see any other reason to sing 'f**k the IRA' at a Morecambe game.
Teams like Morecambe

Re: The brawl

Postby broadwayshrimp » Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:11 pm

Teams like Morecambe wrote:But why the Union Flag why the songs?

I guess you'd have to ask the morons involved. More worrying is what's happening to our friendly image as a football club. It took years to build it up and there was always a good rapport between fans and stewards. Now it's on the verge of collapse. Disgusted that this happens in front of small children :evil:
broadwayshrimp

Postby Christies Minder » Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:17 pm

Yes disgraceful scenes in front of young families and just should not happen ----- stewards initially didn't get involved and seemed unable to react until reinforcements arrived from main stand area.
Confrontations continued outside the ground but was unable to understand what reasons were behind them ?????
MORONS WE DONT WANT OR NEED YOU AT THE GLOBE.
Christies Minder

Postby Teams like Morecambe » Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:19 pm

broadwayshrimp wrote:
Teams like Morecambe wrote:But why the Union Flag why the songs?

I guess you'd have to ask the morons involved. More worrying is what's happening to our friendly image as a football club. It took years to build it up and there was always a good rapport between fans and stewards. Now it's on the verge of collapse. Disgusted that this happens in front of small children :evil:

Absolutely they were out of order today. However the stewards need to accept part of the responsibility for the incident. The actions of the stewards towards fans this season has been disgraceful as I have been keen to point out on numerous occasions. As for today, why didn't the stewards act when they first became aware of these songs? This incident could and should have been prevented.
Teams like Morecambe

Postby Loyalsupporter » Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:20 pm

Guys n Girls

refrain from any comments regarding this or any actions you may have seen, full report is being submitted by the stewards and witnesses.

Our friendly fans approach still exists, there is a small group being silly and will now have to be dealt with !

I am informed it is all on CCTV

It started because an innocent fan was struck with a foreign object, this fan requested to the offender to be more careful, offender then threatened innocent supporter.

little boys trying to be clever

Today, genuine supporters showed their frustration towards the yobs, where were the stewards, the people who are meant to be there for our well being.............

just to add, MBW stewards were actually attending a different incident round the back, youth passed out in toilets due to alcohol which he snook in.
Football League & We're Having A Laugh
Loyalsupporter

Postby Wild Bill » Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:20 pm

Was on the sun terrace today for a change but saw there was something going on behind the goal. If TLM's report is accurate, then those involved are a total embarrassment. Northampton fans had about 3 stewards looking after 200 fans yet our 20 or so kids had nearly as many stewards to police them. Singing sectarian songs? Pathetic.
Wild Bill

Postby George Dawes » Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:21 pm

I have removed this myself, and forwarded it on to the club.
Last edited by George Dawes on Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
George Dawes

Postby Seasider9601 » Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:22 pm

A Rangers flag, songs about the IRA and the Pope.

Regular fans saying they're not coming again because of these idiots causing problems week after week.

Sickening to see parents with kids literally running out of the way, ducking under barriers and walking out.

Sort it out Mr Dixon. Sort it out Morecambe FC.

Absolutely had enough of it now. Embarrassing and shameful beyond belief.

Not happy. At all.
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:24 pm

Could be a case for shutting both ends on a trial basis and making people sit where they are easier to control. The PMG holds 2,300 ish so plenty of room for all.
Gone_Shrimping

Postby Morecambe Jack » Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:39 pm

Gone_Shrimping wrote:Could be a case for shutting both ends on a trial basis and making people sit where they are easier to control. The PMG holds 2,300 ish so plenty of room for all.

If this ever happened I'd stop watching Morecambe full stop.

Alright some of these kids are complete tools. Its been brewing for a while, its no surprise that its all kicked off. There have been a number of them banned already and there is some resentment because of that. Equally, there has been some antagonising behaviour from some stewards that has not helped the situation (particularly from the two younger stewards with their bouncer badges, which I have witnessed first hand).

It is unfortunate that this group is the only element of our crowd willing to make some noise to get behind the team (even if some of the chants are questionable). Our support is fragmented and cliquey and as a result, most games have been like attending funerals even when we are winning.
Morecambe Jack

Postby middletonshrimp » Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:54 pm

I'd rather do without some of the noise if it's coming from the mouths of these brainless babies who don't have enough brain cells to understand the implications of what they're chanting. The response to my more vociferous complaint after being hit in the face on purpose by the flag of the short ugly one with prominent teeth and blue check shirt was a resounding fu... Off. No wonder decent fans lost their rag, they were looking for trouble from the kick off and should have been ejected much sooner
middletonshrimp

Postby Teams like Morecambe » Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:08 pm

middletonshrimp wrote:I'd rather do without some of the noise if it's coming from the mouths of these brainless babies who don't have enough brain cells to understand the implications of what they're chanting. The response to my more vociferous complaint after being hit in the face on purpose by the flag of the short ugly one with prominent teeth and blue check shirt was a resounding fu... Off. No wonder decent fans lost their rag, they were looking for trouble from the kick off and should have been ejected much sooner

The irony of being hit by a flag on flag day!

You mean Mr 'can't stay nan, im off to scrap with Galatasaray'

Teams like Morecambe

Postby KenH » Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:13 pm

Seasider9601 wrote:Sort it out Mr Dixon. Sort it out Morecambe FC.

The same Mr Dixon who virtually ran out at the final whistle to have a fag in front of the main entrance? Not a very impressive display from the person supposed to be in charge!
KenH

Postby George Dawes » Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:18 pm

Let's lock this thread, or better still remove it, we can be making ourselves liable with photos and more importantly deprive them of this sort of attention, they will love reading all this.

I'm going to delete my above post and forward it on.

Anyone with any information, contact the club markdixon@morecambefc.com.
George Dawes

Postby shrimpnsave » Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:25 pm

KenH wrote:
Seasider9601 wrote:Sort it out Mr Dixon. Sort it out Morecambe FC.

The same Mr Dixon who virtually ran out at the final whistle to have a fag in front of the main entrance? Not a very impressive display from the person supposed to be in charge!

Maybe rekindle is previous occupation!!
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby morecambegeek » Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:34 pm

Odd that the stewards would "pick on" this small group of people, yet completely ignore the other thousand people in that stand not acting like bell-ends. Mystery to me.
morecambegeek

Postby Teams like Morecambe » Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:03 pm

morecambegeek wrote:Odd that the stewards would "pick on" this small group of people, yet completely ignore the other thousand people in that stand not acting like bell-ends. Mystery to me.

Turning the 'assisting light' on your mobile and taking your shirt off are two actions which have led to the stewards getting involved. You saying this qualifies as acting 'like bell-ends'? The behaviour of a small number today was unacceptable and I have no doubt they will be banned and will soon become a distant memory. Unfortunately we are left with the same heavy handed stewards.
Teams like Morecambe

Postby morecambegeek » Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:15 pm

These pricks stuck their heads above the wall long before either of those incidents.

If you want to take issue with the stewarding, raise it with the club. I couldn't care less if the stewards took those little scrotes round the back of the stand and kicked seven shades of shit out of them. They're scum, and they're not welcome at my club.
morecambegeek

Postby newyork11 » Sat Sep 19, 2015 9:06 pm

George Dawes wrote:I have removed this myself, and forwarded it on to the club.

George Dawes... your first post about North Lancs Loyal is all factually incorrect.

Set up by people from both Morecambe and Lancaster area..and decent working folk who like footballl some members are pensioners

Nothing to do with Man City

Rangers are not the second Team but there first team like me..

Most of the members are either Scottish or have Scottish relatives..
newyork11

Postby George Dawes » Sat Sep 19, 2015 9:21 pm

newyork11 wrote:
George Dawes wrote:I have removed this myself, and forwarded it on to the club.

George Dawes... your first post about North Lancs Loyal is all factually incorrect.

Set up by people from both Morecambe and Lancaster area..and decent working folk who like footballl some members are pensioners

Nothing to do with Man City

Rangers are not the second Team but there first team like me..

Most of the members are either Scottish or have Scottish relatives..
sent you a pm, I know some of the members. the said youth with the loyalist flag who is already bragging about it, posts on a lot of your media sites.

I will pm you and name names in private.
George Dawes

Postby Wild Bill » Sat Sep 19, 2015 9:42 pm

Feel a bit better if George's theory is true, and the bother was started by an outside group not normally associated with our club.
Wild Bill

Postby Wild Bill » Sat Sep 19, 2015 9:48 pm

Teams like Morecambe wrote:Unfortunately we are left with the same heavy handed stewards.

Yeh, who do they think they are responding to the pond life scrapping in front young children?

in 22 years following Morecambe I have never had a problem from a steward. Those that feel they have this season need to have a long hard look at themselves and how they behave at games.
Wild Bill

Postby newyork11 » Sat Sep 19, 2015 9:53 pm

George Dawes... thanks the info.

The alleged individual is not a member of North Lances Loyal and has no association with North Lances loyal.

Hope he is barred from Morecambe for good as there is no room for idioms like these in any football ground.
newyork11

Postby Teams like Morecambe » Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:10 pm

Wild Bill wrote:
Teams like Morecambe wrote:Unfortunately we are left with the same heavy handed stewards.

Yeh, who do they think they are responding to the pond life scrapping in front young children?

in 22 years following Morecambe I have never had a problem from a steward. Those that feel they have this season need to have a long hard look at themselves and how they behave at games.

Yet another who is missing the point. Today it kicked off and a number of youths were to blame for this. HOWEVER... The same group have not caused any trouble this season prior to today yet have been subject to intimidation from stewards. I realise I am making a bold statement but surely those on the terrace have seen what I'm referring to. It was only a few weeks ago people were defending one of these lads against a steward during a game. Nobody can deny that there are tensions between this group and the stewards, which is partly down to heavy handed stewarding.
Teams like Morecambe

Postby George Dawes » Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:10 pm

A lot of stuff is now being deleted and accounts on media sites being set to private.

The North Lancs Loyal seem decent group, with one lad I know near 40yrs of age and another who's nearly 60, they have a paying membership scheme.

but some of these trouble makers we have had at recent games we know of, are trying to associate themselves with North Lancs Loyal and other loyalist groups on media sites and posts photos etc.

I have recently been told they are not proper members.

Believe they are now banned form the Globe.
George Dawes

Next

Return to General Discussion