Barry Roche

Barry Roche

Postby Keith » Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:15 pm

Easily MotM on Saturday, but every game I've seen this season, he's been on top form. Possibly playing the best football of his career?

Newport 07.JPG
Newport 07.JPG (472.29 KiB) Viewed 1488 times

One of many great saves at Newport. :D
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Re: Barry Roche

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:21 pm

Agreed.

I am relieved Jimbo didn't take Kendal_Shrimp's advice and pay up Barry's contract so we could try and sign Scott Davies.

IMHO Barry is still the master and Scott still the apprentice.
Gone_Shrimping

Postby Kendalshrimp » Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:33 pm

Gone_Shrimping wrote:Agreed.

I am relieved Jimbo didn't take Kendal_Shrimp's advice and pay up Barry's contract so we could try and sign Scott Davies.

IMHO Barry is still the master and Scott still the apprentice.

Not once did I say pay Barry off to get Scotty in. I said sign Scotty up in case baz didn't recover like he has and could end up being the end of his career as it was such a bad injury. I'm delighted baz is playing the way he is and hope he continues like this through out the season !
Kendalshrimp

Postby shrimpnsave » Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:44 pm

What a wonderful thing hindsight is ;)
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby seantheshrimp » Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:06 pm

When baz returned in pre season he looked fresh i think the extended break helped him hes played a lot of games over the years. He is definately in the form of his life surely would of been at a higher level if his distribution was better
seantheshrimp

Postby mrpotatohead » Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:12 pm

kendal shrimp you must have amnesia,i just typed in barry,and got 80 results, you said barrys injury combined with his age meant he was only good enough to be 2nd choice when he recovered, scotty being no. 1 cholce, hope that helps, you alluded to this 4 times on different posts.
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby Kendalshrimp » Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:21 pm

mrpotatohead wrote:kendal shrimp you must have amnesia,i just typed in barry,and got 80 results, you said barrys injury combined with his age meant he was only good enough to be 2nd choice when he recovered, scotty being no. 1 cholce, hope that helps, you alluded to this 4 times on different posts.

Did I say pay him off once tho ? Don't think so. I did sign Scotty as I thought it would of been the end for baz that was my personal opinion at the time as the injury was that bad.
Kendalshrimp

Postby mrpotatohead » Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:22 pm

you were still saying it when he had more or less recovered .
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby SupermarketShrimp » Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:04 pm

That blue kit - are we using that as the away kit or that disgusting black number?
SupermarketShrimp

Postby MfcChris » Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:25 pm

mrpotatohead wrote:you were still saying it when he had more or less recovered .

Although kendalshrimp did keep banging on about getting Davies as number 1 and Baz as number 2, I could count on 1 hand the people who wanted Baz over Davies, and I was one of them who thought we only need Baz.

I think I mentioned that maybe Baz won't get his contract renewed and we could sign Daveis next season, but I hope he does stay 10 years at MFC.

Great to see him at his best.
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby Freez » Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:30 pm

Everyone makes mistakes, but like us all, nobody likes to be reminded of them!! :lol:
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Postby Shrimpy » Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:45 pm

Kendalshrimp wrote:
mrpotatohead wrote:kendal shrimp you must have amnesia,i just typed in barry,and got 80 results, you said barrys injury combined with his age meant he was only good enough to be 2nd choice when he recovered, scotty being no. 1 cholce, hope that helps, you alluded to this 4 times on different posts.

Did I say pay him off once tho ? Don't think so. I did sign Scotty as I thought it would of been the end for baz that was my personal opinion at the time as the injury was that bad.

You still never came up with any reasonable explanation as to how you would justify paying two 1st choice goalkeepers when we need only 1.
Shrimpy

Postby Pablo » Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:54 pm

Baz has been great all season and long may it continue.
Including a few great saves in play off final ;)
Up the football league we go
Pablo

Location: At the end of the yellow brick road with a set of crutches

Postby Seasider9601 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:25 pm

Hopefully we won't need a Play Off Final ! Aim high !!!!

I can remember chatting to Iain Dowie years ago when he was Oldham manager. He was going berserk about constant mention in the Oldham match day programme about going for the Play Offs when they had a more than great chance of automatic promotion!

Back to Barry though, superb. As ever.
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby Sammy h » Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:45 am

I have been one of Roche's biggest critics, but credit where credits due he has really upped his game since his injury last season.

He seems to distribute the ball far quicker now than he ever has which is always positive when you have full backs like we do.

Keep it up Baz.
Sammy h

Postby George Dawes » Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:16 am

Never had a problem with his Stopping. Brilliant stopper.

Just not a fan of his distribution , and the sort of football it incourages, it appears Baz as worked on this part of his game, and took note of Davis when he was with us on loan and people raving about him, and the football what follows.
George Dawes

Return to General Discussion