O/T Deutschland

O/T Deutschland

Postby shrimpnsave » Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:23 pm

:?: Is Germany going to be the new Syria within Europe :?: 1 million expected by the end or the year....
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Re: O/T Deutschland

Postby Posh » Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:11 am

No.

There are 81 million people in Germany so 1 million, an over-estimation, is still just over 1%.

There are 3 million Turks living in Germany. No one calls it New Turkey.

There are 350,000 Germans living in the UK. No one calls us New Germany.

Turkey lies in Europe and there are 1.9 million Syrian refugees already there.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby SolentShrimp » Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:54 am

Posh wrote:No.

There are 81 million people in Germany so 1 million, an over-estimation, is still just over 1%.

There are 3 million Turks living in Germany. No one calls it New Turkey.

There are 350,000 Germans living in the UK. No one calls us New Germany.

Turkey lies in Europe and there are 1.9 million Syrian refugees already there.

An extra one percent rolling in in a v.short time is a heck of a lot to cope with.
All those Turks didn't just pour into Germany.
There's never 350k Germans living in the UK.
A small part Turkey, west of the Bosphorus lies in Europe. The vast majority of the massive country is in Asia.
Back to my 25p half litre Bia Saigon. :)
We all have Human Rights, but they come with Human Responsibilities. Ignore the latter and you risk losing the rights to the former.

People who campaign for equality and freedom of speech amaze me. Disagree with them, and you'll be shouted down.
SolentShrimp

Postby SolentShrimp » Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:08 am

Turkey is a great country btw, and is one of the very few self sufficient countries on the planet.
You can have breakfast on the European side of Istanbul, then nip across on a local public ferry to the Asian side for lunch, and back to the European side for tea. And you don't even have to show you're passport.
Last edited by SolentShrimp on Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:27 pm, edited 5 times in total.
We all have Human Rights, but they come with Human Responsibilities. Ignore the latter and you risk losing the rights to the former.

People who campaign for equality and freedom of speech amaze me. Disagree with them, and you'll be shouted down.
SolentShrimp

Postby Keith » Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:56 am

SolentShrimp wrote:
...you're passport.

That noise you just heard was Glen Cooper's head going 'pop'! :?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby SolentShrimp » Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:44 pm

Keith wrote:
SolentShrimp wrote:
...you're passport.

That noise you just heard was Glen Cooper's head going 'pop'! :?

Om golly, I've just given my not too reliable tablet a good telling off. :lol:
It's only coz I keep getting Wifi cut off that you haven't had to suffer a day-to-day trip report. But an abbreviated weekly one could be on it's way soon.;)

SolentShrimp

Postby SolentShrimp » Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:21 am

That tragedy with the crane topping into one of the holy moques in Mecca the other day was very sad.

But if Saudi Arabia can host, accommodate and feed millions of pilgrims performing Haj every year, then why can't Saudi take care of a few hundred thousand Muslim refugees. The trip there would be mainy overland and less perilous, and take some pressure off Lebanon.

Ditto with the other Gulf States, who are failing people of their own faith.

SolentShrimp

Postby Keith » Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:43 am

SolentShrimp wrote:But if Saudi Arabia can host, accommodate and feed millions of pilgrims performing Haj every year, then why can't Saudi take care of a few hundred thousand Muslim refugees. The trip there would be mainy overland and less perilous, and take some pressure off Lebanon.

Ditto with the other Gulf States, who are failing people of their own faith.

Come on Peter, you know very well why, so stop mischief making.

Sunni rulers in Saudi Arabia support Sunni ISIS and oppose Shia al-Assad in the same way as they opposed Shia Saddam Hussein. Therefore they believe the refugees should either be Sunni's who should stay and fight for ISIS or Shia supporters of al-Assad who they consider worthless. Or the roughly 20% who are Christian, who are even more worthless. The Saudi regime is one of the most odious on the planet, if we judge ourselves by their actions, we really have reached rock-bottom.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

Keith
Site Admin

Postby SupermarketShrimp » Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:26 am

Ban worldwide religion. Job Done.

Why is the Middle East power struggle the same as the Manchester weather :-

"Some days it's Sunni, the other days it's shhiiiiiiiiiitttee"

Still amongst my favourite jokes.

Refugee crisis - not a joke.
SupermarketShrimp

Postby SolentShrimp » Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:45 am

Keith wrote:Come on Peter, you know very well why, so stop mischief making.

So none of the refugees are Sunni?
Why do so many Saudis leg it to Bahrain or Lebanon for a good time? Sunnis going to Shi'ite lands, people that they apparently loathe, just so they can enjoy a bit of what they can't have in their own country!
It's a Region full of nutters and hypocites.
Which isn't a reason for making Eupope unstable!

SolentShrimp

Postby Keith » Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:33 pm

SolentShrimp wrote:Why do so many Saudis leg it to Bahrain or Lebanon for a good time? Sunnis going to Shi'ite lands, people that they apparently loathe, just so they can enjoy a bit of what they can't have in their own country!

Exactly, they don't mind going to other countries for a fun time but don't want people they hate in their own country.

SolentShrimp wrote:It's a Region full of nutters and hypocrites.

It's a religion full of nutters and hypocrites.

Keith
Site Admin

Postby shrimperteer » Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:09 pm

SolentShrimp wrote:
Keith wrote:Come on Peter, you know very well why, so stop mischief making.

So none of the refugees are Sunni?
Why do so many Saudis leg it to Bahrain or Lebanon for a good time? Sunnis going to Shi'ite lands, people that they apparently loathe, just so they can enjoy a bit of what they can't have in their own country!
It's a Region full of nutters and hypocites.
Which isn't a reason for making Eupope unstable!

Good job some of us over here have a bit of compassion for people in trouble then eh?
shrimperteer

Postby SolentShrimp » Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:31 pm

Compassion! Do you know how many foreign nationals work in Saudi Arabia...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foreign ... udi_Arabia

...and how many $billions they remit back home to their families every year?

So without all those jobs in that oppressive society, there'd be a lot more hunger snd poverty in the world.

I suppose you'll now spout Human Rights and abuse? Well, there's also a lot of Sharia nastiness, and all sorts of other human rights abuse going on in the UK right under our noses!

SolentShrimp

Postby SolentShrimp » Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:29 pm

Keith wrote:Exactly, they don't mind going to other countries for a fun time but don't want people they hate in their country

Isn't that part of the problem? :?
"Do as I say, not as I do", is unacceptable arrogance.
It needs sorting. Allowing it to carry on ain't the way to go about it.

SolentShrimp

Return to General Discussion