Next 4 Games

Next 4 Games

Postby thegentlegiant » Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:08 pm

So what are you guys thinking from next 4 games looking at them I'd be happy with 7 points, we play Newport, Northampton, Oxford and Luton.

I think we will lose to Oxford hope I am wrong but that's where i see us dropping points.
thegentlegiant

Re: Next 4 Games

Postby Jettyson » Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:50 pm

Oxford will come at us and leave gaps which we can exploit.Seven would be a decent haul but I'll go for 8.
Jettyson

Postby black morse » Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:43 am

I've just read Jim's comments on the Yeovil match and the last few words leave me a little bit worried.
"We can tighten up at the back but we've worked extremely hard on creating goals and maybe we're over committing at times."

I think we've all been rejoicing at the 'creation of goals' so why put a 'but' in front of it? There's a whole new attitude out there and it's entertaining (possibly the only chance of bringing the crowds back) and so far it's worked. I hope we don't switch back to the 'clean sheet' main aim tactics of the past few years. We hand't got the players then to play fast attacking football.....but we do now!

Please Jim in your efforts to tighten up at the back don't risk losing that attacking spirit that has been seen over this seasons games.
black morse

Postby parkyboy » Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:13 am

on the last few matches it seems we can beat anybody if they let us play our current style of play so i am going to be brave and say 9 points
parkyboy

Postby Freez » Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:00 am

Parkyboy, do you not love us on Player anymore??
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Postby sandgrown » Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:00 pm

[quote="black morse"]I've just read Jim's comments on the Yeovil match and the last few words leave me a little bit worried.
"We can tighten up at the back but we've worked extremely hard on creating goals and maybe we're over committing at times."

I think we've all been rejoicing at the 'creation of goals' so why put a 'but' in front of it? There's a whole new attitude out there and it's entertaining (possibly the only chance of bringing the crowds back) and so far it's worked. I hope we don't switch back to the 'clean sheet' main aim tactics of the past few years. We hand't got the players then to play fast attacking football.....but we do now!

Please Jim in your efforts to tighten up at the back don't risk losing that attacking spirit that has been seen over this seasons games.[/qu

yes, the last thing we need now from Jim is another " Mansfield Moment " at Newport on saturday !

if it aint broken don't fix it
sandgrown

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:24 pm

Mansfield was 16th September :shock:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Keith » Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:58 pm

sandgrown wrote:yes, the last thing we need now from Jim is another " Mansfield Moment " at Newport on saturday !

marky No.1 wrote:Mansfield was 16th September :shock:

So you're saying we're okay for next Saturday at Newport, but the week after we'll play for a boring clean sheet and lose 0-1???

Agree, let's just keep winning with a swagger.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Sep 20, 2015 12:27 am

Keith wrote:
sandgrown wrote:yes, the last thing we need now from Jim is another " Mansfield Moment " at Newport on saturday !

marky No.1 wrote:Mansfield was 16th September :shock:

So you're saying we're okay for next Saturday at Newport, but the week after we'll play for a boring clean sheet and lose 4-2 ???

Agree, let's just keep winning with a swagger.

Deja vous?
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby parceldave » Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:08 am

sandgrown wrote:
black morse wrote:I've just read Jim's comments on the Yeovil match and the last few words leave me a little bit worried.

Please Jim in your efforts to tighten up at the back don't risk losing that attacking spirit that has been seen over this seasons games.[/qu

yes, the last thing we need now from Jim is another " Mansfield Moment " at Newport on saturday !

What were you saying , worst we've played this season and we certainly didn't tighten up at the back. :(
parceldave

Postby Keith » Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:05 am

Now the real test. After the worst game of football I've ever witnessed (and there have been a few!) away at Mansfield, Jim persevered with the awful style for ages. I just hope he learns the lessons from yesterday and we can get back to the superb football we were playing a few weeks ago. That's two poor games on the trot. If Newport could finish, or Barry wasn't in such great form, that should have been two 4-2 defeats on the trot. Next week, we need to change the starting line up and go for another 4-2, this time the right way around!
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby black morse » Sun Sep 20, 2015 4:56 pm

Keith wrote:Now the real test. After the worst game of football I've ever witnessed (and there have been a few!) away at Mansfield, Jim persevered with the awful style for ages. I just hope he learns the lessons from yesterday and we can get back to the superb football we were playing a few weeks ago. That's two poor games on the trot. If Newport could finish, or Barry wasn't in such great form, that should have been two 4-2 defeats on the trot. Next week, we need to change the starting line up and go for another 4-2, this time the right way around!

Agreed. This next game is crucial. Even if we lose it we must go back to playing fast attacking football as if we continue the reluctance to push men forward for fear of conceding we will kiss goodbye to any play off chance before Christmas. Long high balls to Kev (or anyone else) is OK occasionally but if used all the time it's been proved not to work.
black morse

Return to General Discussion